> I played the game this past summer as a part of the Storm vs. Blaze
> Tour. The game was very exciting and it surely wasn't any slower than a
> normal softball game. There weren't any more foul balls or pitching
> changes than the traditional fastpitch game has.
- I disagree 100 %
- for reasons known only to them , several local Intermediate woman
and over 40 men's leagues play normal fastball except they
use an 11 inch ball
- I've seen a couple of hundred of these games over the
last 15 years
- what a difference that ONE change makes
- lots more stike outs
- more home runs
- 25% fewer well hit balls
_ 50% plus more foul balls
- games take 20 to 30 minutes longer
> Although you true softball purists don't agree with the changes,
- softball in it's present form has evolved for 80 years and
is a GREAT game - why mess with perfection ????
- if this "professional softball" allowed overhand pitching
how would it not look like a shrunken version of baseball ?????
- call this new game whatever you want - just don't call it
> least there is someone out there that is trying to give women an
> opportunity to advance their softball skills past the college ranks.
- oh, please
- the people starting this league are entrepreneurs
- THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY !!!!!
> is a lot more than the rest of you can say.
- that puking sound that you hear is from
the hundreds of people who fought hard over a 5 or 6
year period to get woman's softball into the Olympics
- last time I looked - Men's softball still isn't an