Gold Points Fill-ins

Gold Points Fill-ins

Post by batbu.. » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:11:07


I was told Tuesday by the Georgia ASA that it would be 9 fill-ins
beyond the 7 that are always available. This would have gone down to
the OC A's but since that team was disbanded, looks like SD Thunder is
next in line.

______________________________________________________________________
Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Still Only $9.95 - http://www.uncensored-news.com
   With Seven Servers In California And Texas - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

 
 
 

Gold Points Fill-ins

Post by Gabe Guer » Thu, 19 Jul 2001 21:49:48

Who would "disband" their team before the announcement is made on who goes, and
who doesn't?

Sounds like more typical Matt "stuff".

gg

Quote:

>I was told Tuesday by the Georgia ASA that it would be 9 fill-ins
>beyond the 7 that are always available. This would have gone down to
>the OC A's but since that team was disbanded, looks like SD Thunder is
>next in line.


 
 
 

Gold Points Fill-ins

Post by Ocasmatt » Fri, 20 Jul 2001 11:54:11

What you should do is mind your own business, what I do is mine and what you do
is your's. You run yourself the way you do,I don't talk about you so please do
the same.

Matt Giardino
O.C.Athletic's 18 Gold

 
 
 

Gold Points Fill-ins

Post by D » Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:44:51

Can't remember a time that any player from Matt Giardino's teams was
not provided with scholarship exposure, opportunities and signings
year after year. Obviously, whatever Matt Giardino has done and is
doing has worked for hundreds of girls, families and many girls who
have received fabulous educations because of this exposure.  Providing
girls with college opportunities is what it is all about and many
travel ball coaches have been criticized for their choices in
different arenas, whether it be forfeiting a game, disbanding a team,
etc.  This is unfortunate, because it is not necessary when you look
at the long history of educations that playing on the OCA's and/or any
other good travel ball team has provided to thousands of girls.

Thank you to Matt and all the other devoted travel ball coaches who
put their players' educations on the highest priority...

Debby Bartholomew

Quote:

> What you should do is mind your own business, what I do is mine and what you do
> is your's. You run yourself the way you do,I don't talk about you so please do
> the same.

> Matt Giardino
> O.C.Athletic's 18 Gold

 
 
 

Gold Points Fill-ins

Post by Tffo » Mon, 23 Jul 2001 06:11:32


Quote:
>Can't remember a time that any player from Matt Giardino's teams was
>not provided with scholarship exposure, opportunities and signings
>year after year. Obviously, whatever Matt Giardino has done and is
>doing has worked for hundreds of girls, families and many girls who
>have received fabulous educations because of this exposure.  Providing
>girls with college opportunities is what it is all about and many
>travel ball coaches have been criticized for their choices in
>different arenas, whether it be forfeiting a game, disbanding a team,
>etc.  This is unfortunate, because it is not necessary when you look
>at the long history of educations that playing on the OCA's and/or any
>other good travel ball team has provided to thousands of girls.

>Thank you to Matt and all the other devoted travel ball coaches who
>put their players' educations on the highest priority...

>Debby Bartholomew

Here, here.

Ever since he ended up in Georgia, it seems Gabe has been taking shots at
everyone and anyone. It must be to hot there. LOL

- Show quoted text -

Quote:


>> What you should do is mind your own business, what I do is mine and what
>you do
>> is your's. You run yourself the way you do,I don't talk about you so please
>do
>> the same.

>> Matt Giardino
>> O.C.Athletic's 18 Gold

 
 
 

Gold Points Fill-ins

Post by Gabe Guer » Wed, 25 Jul 2001 04:31:07

My first "shot" was merely an opinion about what I felt about not having
coaches show up for a clinic.  I did not mention anyone's name, for I thought
it was an ASA matter..... and who hasn't taken shots at them?

My second "shot" is about a coach who withdrew his team from championship play
before the "verdict" is out on whether or not his team is in or not.

The bigger concern should be for those girls/parents that spent all their time
and money traveling to these gold qualifiers (for a chance to qualify for
national, one would have to presume), and then to disband before they get the
chance to go???

Now if this was all part of the initial plan, and the parents were expecting
the team to fold after a certain time...... then fine, but I ain't buying that!

Gabe G.
18U-A East Cobb Bullets (Orange)
http://www.eteamz.com/bulletsorange/

 
 
 

Gold Points Fill-ins

Post by Amtraksd » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:56:28

You should stick to what you know, not what you suppose.  Did you attend the
team meetings?  Did you sit in the dugout with the players?  My guess would be
no to both questions.
Quote:
>The bigger concern should be for those girls/parents that spent all their
>time
>and money traveling to these gold qualifiers (for a chance to qualify for
>national, one would have to presume), and then to disband before they get the
>chance to go???