California Lobos Gold positions

California Lobos Gold positions

Post by Cal Lob » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 05:39:22


The California Lobos Gold has positions available for the Summer season. As we
are a gold team, we are looking for quality players who are committed to the
sport and their career. We will play in several qualifiers, all that we can, in
order to qualify for nationals in Georgia. We are looking, primarily for
pitching, catching, middle infield and outfield. We have a great core of
players and are looking to fill out our roster with additional hard working
players. If you might be interested, I can be reached at 909-574-7999 or at

Roger Patton
California Lobos Gold

 
 
 

California Lobos Gold positions

Post by Andy Collin » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 08:15:52

Quote:

> The California Lobos Gold has positions available for the Summer season. We are looking, primarily for pitching, catching, middle infield and outfield.

> Roger Patton
> California Lobos Gold

Congratulations on having a 1st and 3rd baseman.  You're 2 positions
ahead of those teams starting from scratch.  (Sorry I couldn't resist,
good luck on what you're looking for).

Andy

 
 
 

California Lobos Gold positions

Post by Andy Anderso » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 11:50:31

The hard part in Socal will be finding any player that is not under
contract already.
Quote:


> > The California Lobos Gold has positions available for the Summer season. We are looking, primarily for pitching, catching, middle infield and outfield.

> > Roger Patton
> > California Lobos Gold

> Congratulations on having a 1st and 3rd baseman.  You're 2 positions
> ahead of those teams starting from scratch.  (Sorry I couldn't resist,
> good luck on what you're looking for).

> Andy


 
 
 

California Lobos Gold positions

Post by Wingding » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 12:34:01

Quote:
>The California Lobos Gold has positions available for the Summer season. As
>we
>are a gold team, we are looking for quality players who are committed to the
>sport and their career. We will play in several qualifiers, all that we can,
>in
>order to qualify for nationals in Georgia. We are looking, primarily for
>pitching, catching, middle infield and outfield. We have a great core of
>players and are looking to fill out our roster with additional hard working
>players.

What was ALL those "try-out" posts in the Fall (not picking on the  Lobos,
seems like many SoCal teams).  

Seriously, what's going on?  Trolling?  Don't teams out that way pretty much
have an idea of who's going to play for them at this point? Contracts, verbals?
 Especially Gold?  

We ARE inspired!!

Tx.

Curious?

 
 
 

California Lobos Gold positions

Post by Andy Anderso » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 15:14:01

Quote:

> >The California Lobos Gold has positions available for the Summer season. As
> >we
> >are a gold team, we are looking for quality players who are committed to the
> >sport and their career. We will play in several qualifiers, all that we can,
> >in
> >order to qualify for nationals in Georgia. We are looking, primarily for
> >pitching, catching, middle infield and outfield. We have a great core of
> >players and are looking to fill out our roster with additional hard working
> >players.

> What was ALL those "try-out" posts in the Fall (not picking on the  Lobos,
> seems like many SoCal teams).

> Seriously, what's going on?  Trolling?  Don't teams out that way pretty much
> have an idea of who's going to play for them at this point? Contracts, verbals?
>  Especially Gold?

> We ARE inspired!!

> Tx.

> Curious?

I dont think you understand just how competitive it is out here for
players. There were 38 Gold teams that registered in Southern California
alone. That is basically North Los Angeles to San Diego. Then another 20
or so 18&U A. Add to that the 40 plus 16&U teams and you can see finding
quality players that fit your team gets a bit hard. Players here have
much more choices then other areas. This is now our contract signing
period and once players have signed the teams cannot approach them to
play on their team so there will be this last minute rush by teams
trying to fine tune their rosters.

Now try to imagine if Socal only fielded 3 Gold teams from that talent
pool. Now that would be interesting.

 
 
 

California Lobos Gold positions

Post by Andy Anderso » Sat, 03 Feb 2001 15:14:14

Quote:

> >The California Lobos Gold has positions available for the Summer season. As
> >we
> >are a gold team, we are looking for quality players who are committed to the
> >sport and their career. We will play in several qualifiers, all that we can,
> >in
> >order to qualify for nationals in Georgia. We are looking, primarily for
> >pitching, catching, middle infield and outfield. We have a great core of
> >players and are looking to fill out our roster with additional hard working
> >players.

> What was ALL those "try-out" posts in the Fall (not picking on the  Lobos,
> seems like many SoCal teams).

> Seriously, what's going on?  Trolling?  Don't teams out that way pretty much
> have an idea of who's going to play for them at this point? Contracts, verbals?
>  Especially Gold?

> We ARE inspired!!

> Tx.

> Curious?

I dont think you understand just how competitive it is out here for
players. There were 38 Gold teams that registered in Southern California
alone. That is basically North Los Angeles to San Diego. Then another 20
or so 18&U A. Add to that the 40 plus 16&U teams and you can see finding
quality players that fit your team gets a bit hard. Players here have
much more choices then other areas. This is now our contract signing
period and once players have signed the teams cannot approach them to
play on their team so there will be this last minute rush by teams
trying to fine tune their rosters.

Now try to imagine if Socal only fielded 3 Gold teams from that talent
pool. Now that would be interesting.