Public Service Message

Public Service Message

Post by jrlaw.. » Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:00:00

This is a public service posting. It may or may not be relevant to the subject of your news group but it may be of significant interest to
the readers of your newsgroup.


The Department of Justice under the direction of US Attorney General Janet Reno and the Office of the Attorney General for the  
State of California under the direction of Daniel Lungren are  investigating the following credit card companies for falsifying billing
statements: If you ever made a partial payment on your credit card and had them charge a late payment fee you may want to contact
these offices about participation in the conviction of these companies for racketeering by furnishing information about false billing

First USA Bank
PO Box 740085
Atlanta, GA 30374-0085

First USA Bank
PO Box 8650
Wilmington, DE 19899-8650

AARP Bank One Columbus, NA
PO Box 182153
Columbus,  OH 43218-2153

AT&T Universal Card
PO Box 9999
Columbus, GA 31977-0001

Capital One
PO Box 85617
Richmond, VA 23276-0001

Choice Visa
Box 6248
Sioux Falls, SD 5117

Discover Card Services
PO Box 29212
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9312

The GM Card
PO Box 88000
Baltimore, MD 21288-3000

Household Credit Services
PO Box 7002
Anaheim, CA 92850-0002

MBNA America
PO Box 15019
Wilmington, DE 19850-5019

MBNA America
PO Box 15137
Wilmington, DE 19850-5137

Wachovia Bank Card Services
P. O. Box 4635
Atlanta, GA 30302

Wachovia Bank Card Services
P. O. Box 15515
Wilmington, DE 19886-5515

Check your billing statements closely. If you have been charged a late fee even though your payment was mailed prior to the due
date you should report it to your state attorney general. If your finance charges are being listed as purchases you should contact your
state attorney general. If your credit card company is unable to funish a copy of a signed billing receipt you should notify your state
attorney general.

All the events described above could make you a party to a class action suit against your credit card company where you could
collect up to ten times the amounts you were falsely charged.

For more information contact your state attorney generals office.