CFF Web Page

CFF Web Page

Post by Donald La » Thu, 29 Jun 1995 04:00:00


The Canadian Fencing Federation is currently developing it's own Web Page
on WWW.  It will enable people to access the following information :

- Canadian Domestic Ranking (6 weapons, divided into separate files)
- Canadian Elite Ranking (5 weapons, divided into separate files for
  each of the three age categories - Senior, Junior and Cadet
- Team Selection Grids (For upcoming championships - Worlds, FISU Games,
  Olympic Selection Competition in Venezuela, etc...)
- Classification List (Who is an "A", "B" or "C" for next season)
- CFF Rules and Regulations (so I don't get asked for the 1000000th time
  on how you earn your classifications...)
- CFF Club List (Including salle address and practice times when we have them)
- CFF Referee List (Not "Official" or "PdJ" List for International and
  Domestic Referees)
- CFF Directory (Who's who and how to reach them - Branch Members, Committee
  Members and Staff of Branch and National Offices)
- Other pieces of data as requested by YOU!!!!

- Insert suggestions here : (Feedback requested)

~Don~

--


Elite Coordinator, C.F.F.         Snail Mail:  77 1/2 rue Barrette
and V.P. Excalibur Fencing Club                Vanier, Ont. K1L 8A2  CANADA

 
 
 

CFF Web Page

Post by Scott Mackinn » Sat, 01 Jul 1995 04:00:00

As a suggestion, post the tournament schedule. If you then could get a link
to the tournaments, the organizers could have a way for everyone to see
what the actual event will be like, how much, where, etc.

By this, I mean that someone puts in the tournaments and the people that
are hosting it send in a web address that you could insert as a link.
Since the tournaments are spaced out over the year, the work involved
should be spaced out as well. I certainly am spaced out. I have a cold.
Thanks to ex-epee god, Kerry Anderson, who thought it would be nice to
share with us.

--
Scott MacKinnon
It's not whether you win or lose,
it's the money you can make by selling your story

 
 
 

CFF Web Page

Post by obr.. » Tue, 04 Jul 1995 04:00:00


Quote:
>As a suggestion, post the tournament schedule. If you then could get a link
>to the tournaments, the organizers could have a way for everyone to see

Yes! This is an excellent idea. I'd like to see up to date
rankings, too. A lot of places (Hello, UBC fencing club!) don't
ever SEE rankings. Come to think of it, when you yhave to depend
on Certain People (read: anyone from the BCFA) to get you things
like tournament scheds and entry forms, it becomes imperative that
alternate sources exist. A CFF web page could definitely provide
the kind of info you need for that, including, say, addresses to
send e-mail entries to for each sanctioned tournament.

(just in case anyone from the BCFA reads this and gets offended,
my only reply is that I had to call people in Saskatoon to get
entry dates etc for the Wetterberg and Calgary Open this year...
UBC somehow never received any....)

Quote:
>Thanks to ex-epee god, Kerry Anderson, who thought it would be nice to
>share with us.

Actually, word is that Kerry authored a minor miracle recently
and has had his name bandied about for possible reinstatement
in the Fencing Deity Pantheon...something to do with first
degree viral transmissions...perhaps you'd heard....

                Jeff

 
 
 

CFF Web Page

Post by Kevin Joel Hai » Wed, 05 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:


>>As a suggestion, post the tournament schedule. If you then could get a link
>>to the tournaments, the organizers could have a way for everyone to see

>Yes! This is an excellent idea. I'd like to see up to date
>rankings, too. A lot of places (Hello, UBC fencing club!) don't
>ever SEE rankings. Come to think of it, when you yhave to depend
>on Certain People (read: anyone from the BCFA) to get you things
>like tournament scheds and entry forms, it becomes imperative that
>alternate sources exist. A CFF web page could definitely provide
>the kind of info you need for that, including, say, addresses to
>send e-mail entries to for each sanctioned tournament.

Howdy Jeff,  How's it goin....

        As the seemingly never unelected (suckered) executive of the UBC
club, I feel obliged to say that the BCFA has been not bad this past year
about such things.  You can blame me for the Calgary open for the
organizers sent us an entry form -as they do every year- and I probably
forgot to post it.  As for the Wetterberg, the UBC club was not mailed an
entry form.  I believe the organizers of that tournament would do well to
expand their mailing list a bit.

Kevin

 
 
 

CFF Web Page

Post by Alexandre S?vign » Fri, 07 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Why don't we simply apadt on of the existing fencing pages and then
expand it, renaming it the CFF web page?

Or we could use another web page as a template and build a CFF wb page
based on it.

 
 
 

CFF Web Page

Post by Kerry Anders » Sat, 08 Jul 1995 04:00:00


Quote:

> Why don't we simply apadt on of the existing fencing pages and then
> expand it, renaming it the CFF web page?

> Or we could use another web page as a template and build a CFF wb page
> based on it.

Say, this looks like a job for... smackinn!  BTW, I've developed those club pictures.  Maybe you people in etherland can put some faces to the names...if you want.

And as for Jeff...

Quote:
> > Thanks to ex-epee god, Kerry Anderson, who thought it would be nice to
> > share with us.
> Actually, word is that Kerry authored a minor miracle recently
> and has had his name bandied about for possible reinstatement
> in the Fencing Deity Pantheon...something to do with first
> degree viral transmissions...perhaps you'd heard....

Yeah, like Aphrodite always had a soft spot for me ;)

P.S.  Who would be the (Greek) God af fencing, anyways.  Ares, the god of War (too crass) or maybe Apollo, who was god of the silver bow (an epee blade being rewired)?

Okay, I'll shut up,

Kerry  

 
 
 

CFF Web Page

Post by Nick Vanweerdenbur » Wed, 12 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Is there any CFF information on the Internet?  I recall hearing
about something once, but that may have been a BBS or something.
 
 
 

CFF Web Page

Post by Chris McConne » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

> Is there any CFF information on the Internet?  I recall hearing
> about something once, but that may have been a BBS or something.

Yes, there is a BBS (local call from my home town of Ottawa), but there
have been some posts here recently indicating that they are in the process
of setting up a web site.

--
Chris McConnell


 
 
 

CFF Web Page

Post by obr.. » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00


Quote:

>> Is there any CFF information on the Internet?  I recall hearing
>> about something once, but that may have been a BBS or something.

>Yes, there is a BBS (local call from my home town of Ottawa), but there
>have been some posts here recently indicating that they are in the process
>of setting up a web site.

Scott Mackinnon, of the U of Alberta club, posts rankings
and other Canadian fencing stuff on his homepage, the
address of which I have forgotten..Scott? Scott?

        Jeff