quick rule question

quick rule question

Post by Jest » Wed, 23 Nov 1994 08:28:28


Is it just me, or does there seem to be a problem with the communication
surrounding rule changes.  Even the USFA mailings strike me as a bit
vague.

 
 
 

quick rule question

Post by AMcBa » Thu, 24 Nov 1994 23:05:12


Quote:

>Is it just me, or does there seem to be a problem with the communication
>surrounding rule changes.  Even the USFA mailings strike me as a bit
>vague.

Oh, if only you knew how we struggle to anticipate all the misconceptions
that will arise when we try to word the rules changes!

Just be thankful you don't have to deal with the original French (often
drafted by non-native speakers) ;-)

Ann McBain Ezzell
USFA Secretary


 
 
 

quick rule question

Post by D. McMenam » Fri, 25 Nov 1994 07:31:30

Quote:

> Just be thankful you don't have to deal with the original French (often
> drafted by non-native speakers) ;-)

Yes, I understand from Harvey Kerner (sp?) that translation problems are
the reason we have a rule agains the Spanish Offset handle.

(He gave a terrific foil directors' clinic here in the CT division. I
wish more people would attend such clinics!)

Dianna

--
                    Serendipity favors the chaotic mind.

                              Dianna McMenamin


 
 
 

quick rule question

Post by AMcBa » Sat, 26 Nov 1994 12:30:12


Quote:
McMenamin) writes:
>Yes, I understand from Harvey Kerner (sp?) that translation problems are
>the reason we have a rule agains the Spanish Offset handle.

I don't think so, but maybe. I think that the rules about restrictions on
handles are pretty clear (although perhaps among the most emotional
response-inciting; witness the ruling about use of the martingale with the
Italian grip).

Who is Harvery Kerner (sp?)?

Ann McBain Ezzell
USFA Secretary

 
 
 

quick rule question

Post by D. McMenam » Sun, 27 Nov 1994 11:22:51

Quote:

> Who is Harvery Kerner (sp?)?

Oops, I meant Harvey Kerner (sp?).

He was introduced to us as an internationally rated director who the USFA
sends to a lot of foreign tournaments.

Dianna

--
                    Serendipity favors the chaotic mind.

                              Dianna McMenamin

 
 
 

quick rule question

Post by AMcBa » Sun, 27 Nov 1994 14:20:33


Quote:
McMenamin) writes:
>He was introduced to us as an internationally rated director who the USFA
>sends to a lot of foreign tournaments.

Oh, really? There is a Harvey Kerner from Weston, CT, who is rated 5:93 in
all three weapons as a referee, but I have never encountered him either
here in the US or abroad. (Level 5 is now considered "Entry Level"
national referee - level 4 is considered appropriate for the first round
of Division I Nationals.)

Ann McBain Ezzell
USFA Secretary

 
 
 

quick rule question

Post by AGGIE FENC » Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:57:00


Quote:
>Is it just me, or does there seem to be a problem with the communication
>surrounding rule changes.  Even the USFA mailings strike me as a bit
>vague.

On the contrary, I think Ann Ezell's summaries and announcements here on
rec.sport.fencing have been most helpfull and most informative.

David Sierra
Aggie Fencer