Tigre ?

Tigre ?

Post by Mike Erdman » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00


Anybody ever own Tigre with the taps system ? How did you like the the boat
? I`am thinking about buying a 98 2000 openbow.

 
 
 

Tigre ?

Post by BugHunte » Thu, 05 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I bought the pre200wt in 1996 and put 250 hours on it (this winter has been
BAD)...
Never had a problem with the boat or the motor (Mercruiser) and if I had to
buy a new boat now I would not hesitate to buy the same one.
Everything they advertise for TAPS proved to be true.

Eddy Celis

Quote:

>Anybody ever own Tigre with the taps system ? How did you like the the boat
>? I`am thinking about buying a 98 2000 openbow.


 
 
 

Tigre ?

Post by DaisyMa » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Mike,

Pardon my 'ignorance', but why would you want a TIGE?  They are not even
offical tournament boats?



Quote:
> Anybody ever own Tigre with the taps system ? How did you like the the
boat
> ? I`am thinking about buying a 98 2000 openbow.


 
 
 

Tigre ?

Post by Lapdo » Sun, 08 Feb 1998 04:00:00



Quote:
> Mike,

> Pardon my 'ignorance', but why would you want a TIGE?  They are not even
> offical tournament boats?

The only reason they aren't tournament boats is because of the TAPS trim
tab they no longer have a static hull. They still have an incredible slalom
wake and, although not as huge as a wedge, a really nice wakeboarding wake.
You don't even have to get out of the boat to adjust the wake, like the
wedge. AWSA rating only matters if you're pulling tournaments. Before TAPS,
they were AWSA approved.

I had the opportunity to demo a Tige last year and I was very impressed.
The trim tab helped the boat handle incredibley in rough water, the fit and
finish of the boat was very nice, lots of power, great tracking, as good or
better slalom wake than my bud's older Malibu, and for $10,000 less than
the CC, MC, or Malibu I would definately consider it.

Maybe as a club boat or for a rated driver that pulls tournaments the Tige
wouldn't be an option, but for the majority of us serious recreational
skiers the Tige is right up there behind the big three.

Mike

 
 
 

Tigre ?

Post by Tom Ru » Sun, 08 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Pardon my 'ignorance', but why would you want a TIGE?  They are not even
>offical tournament boats?

I wonder how many poeple really care wether the boat is
actually "official".  I'd bet the percentage of all inboard
ski boats sold each year (what _would_ that be - 12-15K?)
that are record capable is pretty small.

AFAIK Tife builds to public standards,not AWSA and they seem
(if memory serves me from last year's show) that they are
pretty decent boats.  

Tom

 
 
 

Tigre ?

Post by FAngelo1 » Sun, 08 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>>Pardon my 'ignorance', but why would you want a TIGE?  They are not even
>>offical tournament boats?

We bought a 1998 Tige pre2150 with 307hp PCM engine. We can take 10 ***s if
you don't use the pylon and 6 if you do. Everyone who has skied behind has had
nothing but good things to say about the wake. My sister just got wakeboard and
the TAPS can make some HUGE wakes. Although I can't use the boat in our clubs
tournaments, it's still a great all purpose boat .For the price IMHO this is as
good as any other "certified" boat on the market. I don't want to start a boat
bashing war so this is just my opinion :)
 
 
 

Tigre ?

Post by AIRCHAIR » Sun, 08 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>>>Pardon my 'ignorance',

YOU  said that right !!!!!! (your IGNORANT) Just repeating your own words
..............
 
 
 

Tigre ?

Post by BugHunte » Mon, 09 Feb 1998 04:00:00

As I'm not going to pull a tournament, I did not look for AWSA approval, I
looked at a lot of boats and chose the one we (family) liked best. At that
time it was the only tournament-style boat with adjustable wake and we also
wakeboard and kneeboard, so it was an easy choice. Another plus point was
the price, for about 10K less than the 'approved' boats. Yet another point
in favor of the Tige is the dealer in Austin, which has a GREAT service
department.
So if you do not have to pull an AWSA tournament, a Tige is well worth
considering.

Eddy Celis


Quote:
>Mike,

>Pardon my 'ignorance', but why would you want a TIGE?  They are not even
>offical tournament boats?



>> Anybody ever own Tigre with the taps system ? How did you like the the
>boat
>> ? I`am thinking about buying a 98 2000 openbow.

 
 
 

Tigre ?

Post by erich zellme » Tue, 10 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:



> > Mike,

> > Pardon my 'ignorance', but why would you want a TIGE?  They are not even
> > offical tournament boats?

> The only reason they aren't tournament boats is because of the TAPS trim
> tab they no longer have a static hull. They still have an incredible slalom
> wake and, although not as huge as a wedge, a really nice wakeboarding wake.
> You don't even have to get out of the boat to adjust the wake, like the
> wedge. AWSA rating only matters if you're pulling tournaments. Before TAPS,
> they were AWSA approved.

> I had the opportunity to demo a Tige last year and I was very impressed.
> The trim tab helped the boat handle incredibley in rough water, the fit and
> finish of the boat was very nice, lots of power, great tracking, as good or
> better slalom wake than my bud's older Malibu, and for $10,000 less than
> the CC, MC, or Malibu I would definately consider it.

> Maybe as a club boat or for a rated driver that pulls tournaments the Tige
> wouldn't be an option, but for the majority of us serious recreational
> skiers the Tige is right up there behind the big three.

> Mike

I seriously wonder if there is a 10k difference between the Tige and a
Correct Craft with all options being equal.  Certainly the Tige may do
the things you want it to do but you need to go to the dealers and get
an honest selling price, compare options warranty etc. and most of all,
if you are going to finance this boat, pay the extra $1 a day and get
the right boat the first time.
 
 
 

Tigre ?

Post by Eric Barnhar » Wed, 11 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>> and for $10,000 less than
>> the CC, MC, or Malibu I would definately consider it.

>> Maybe as a club boat or for a rated driver that pulls tournaments the
Tige
>> wouldn't be an option, but for the majority of us serious recreational
>> skiers the Tige is right up there behind the big three.

>> Mike
>I seriously wonder if there is a 10k difference between the Tige and a
>Correct Craft with all options being equal.  Certainly the Tige may do
>the things you want it to do but you need to go to the dealers and get
>an honest selling price, compare options warranty etc. and most of all,
>if you are going to finance this boat, pay the extra $1 a day and get
>the right boat the first time.

I'm going to say it one more time.... RESALE VALUE!!!  I think the TIGE is a
very good boat.  However,  After 8 years of use, The MC, CC, and now even
Malibu are going to be worth more than anything else on the market.

You'll be much happier when you go to trade in your 1998 on a 2007 model
Hydrogen Powered, 625 HP,   zero emmissions, Correct Craft Prostar Response
built in Australia by Toyota Motors Corp..

 
 
 

Tigre ?

Post by jstant » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

@cts.com
Organization: CTS Network Services
Newsgroups: rec.sport.waterski



Quote:
>I seriously wonder if there is a 10k difference between the Tige and a
>Correct Craft with all options being equal.  Certainly the Tige may do
>the things you want it to do but you need to go to the dealers and get
>an honest selling price, compare options warranty etc. and most of all,
>if you are going to finance this boat, pay the extra $1 a day and get
>the right boat the first time.

When I bought my '97SN this time last year, I did not see a 10K
difference between the two. The tige dealer wanted under $25K while
the SN dealer got over $25K. The difference in price that I saw gave
me no doubt that the SN was the better deal for me.

I promised the dealer not to discuss the purchase price with anyone.
So, all I can say is that it is better to compare negotiated prices
than asking prices.

To summarize, I'd say that the fully-equiped, out-the-door prices
where smaller in range than asking prices. I should also point out
that my local tige dealer is also a MC dealer. So, perhaps he is not
negotiating well on tige prices to entice buyers to move up to the MC.

Finally, my belief is that if something does not have MSRP's, that
means the product is fully negotiable. So, never settle on the asking
price.