Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Tom Rut » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00



Quote:
>I have a Sanger V210 (open bow) and will be puttng several thousand into
>sound system and need advice.

My advice would be to not blow a wad of cash on a boat
stereo.  Seriously, the fidelity is pretty poor in a boat.
And when it is running you can't hear much in the way of
tone.  That said...

Quote:
>I have a tower but do not want to hang speakers on it. My listening
>goals are for inside the boat not for the rest of the lake.
>So far, components are going to be:
>Cassette unit with CD changer control, remote control (wired preferred),
>technology to accomodate bumps without too much skipping, mounted  ???

There are MP3 units from Aiwa, Rockford and Kenwood if you
want non-skip units.  They also play regular CDs.  Or go
with Clarion unit.  Wired remote.  They are std. in Correct
Crafts.  

Quote:
>One 12" woofer mounted in box and installed under drivers side dash,
>One 4 channel amp, one 2 channel amp, mounted in passenger side storage,

>Four speakers in***pit, mounted ????

>Any and all suggestions on install, types of components, experiences
>welcome.

Buy a Bazooka MARINE subwoofer and mount it in the back
(trunk).  Buy poly marine speakers elsewhere.

Tom

 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Kevin R Baug » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

2 or 3 extra batteries and ear plugs :-)

--
Kevin R Baugh

http://SportToday.org/~krbaugh
http://SportToday.org/~krbaugh/carla



Quote:
> I have a Sanger V210 (open bow) and will be puttng several thousand into
> sound system and need advice.

> I have a tower but do not want to hang speakers on it. My listening
> goals are for inside the boat not for the rest of the lake.
> So far, components are going to be:
> Cassette unit with CD changer control, remote control (wired preferred),
> technology to accomodate bumps without too much skipping, mounted  ???
> One 12" woofer mounted in box and installed under drivers side dash,
> One 4 channel amp, one 2 channel amp, mounted in passenger side storage,

> Four speakers in***pit, mounted ????

> Any and all suggestions on install, types of components, experiences
> welcome.

> Bruce


 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Bruce D. Broadwate » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 10:07:18

I have a Sanger V210 (open bow) and will be puttng several thousand into
sound system and need advice.

I have a tower but do not want to hang speakers on it. My listening
goals are for inside the boat not for the rest of the lake.
So far, components are going to be:
Cassette unit with CD changer control, remote control (wired preferred),
technology to accomodate bumps without too much skipping, mounted  ???
One 12" woofer mounted in box and installed under drivers side dash,
One 4 channel amp, one 2 channel amp, mounted in passenger side storage,

Four speakers in***pit, mounted ????

Any and all suggestions on install, types of components, experiences
welcome.

Bruce

 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Edward F.Web » Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:34:14

Quote:
>2 or 3 extra batteries and ear plugs :-)

and  a .308
 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Lifespee » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

At the risk of making generalizations...

Why is it that the boarders have booming, obnoxious stereos, while the
waterskiers seem content to enjoy their sport with only the muted sound
of engine and water parting underneath their ski? Kinda reminds me of a
past fad with those small imported pickups and lowering blocks over the
axle.

Maybe if they'd try skiing a little *faster*, they would find the
e***ment they must be missing.

--
- Lifespeed

Sent via Deja.com http://SportToday.org/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Kevin R Baug » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I agree crank up the speed and chuck the crutch then you won't need thumping
obnoxious stereos

--
Kevin R Baugh

http://SportToday.org/~krbaugh
http://SportToday.org/~krbaugh/carla


Quote:
> At the risk of making generalizations...

> Why is it that the boarders have booming, obnoxious stereos, while the
> waterskiers seem content to enjoy their sport with only the muted sound
> of engine and water parting underneath their ski? Kinda reminds me of a
> past fad with those small imported pickups and lowering blocks over the
> axle.

> Maybe if they'd try skiing a little *faster*, they would find the
> e***ment they must be missing.

> --
> - Lifespeed

> Sent via Deja.com http://SportToday.org/
> Before you buy.

 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Bruce D. Broadwate » Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:37:06

Can't answer your question. I ski and board. Most of my listening interest
is when cruising to and from, i.e. inside marinas, no wake zones, etc.
It is funny you should mention the sound of water under the ski. One of my
fondest ski memories is my first long distance ski (muscles gave out before
falling) at age of 8 or 9, I vividly remember the clicking sound of hitting
the little ripples on doubles at 6 am.

Where do you ski?

Bruce

Quote:

> At the risk of making generalizations...

> Why is it that the boarders have booming, obnoxious stereos, while the
> waterskiers seem content to enjoy their sport with only the muted sound
> of engine and water parting underneath their ski? Kinda reminds me of a
> past fad with those small imported pickups and lowering blocks over the
> axle.

> Maybe if they'd try skiing a little *faster*, they would find the
> e***ment they must be missing.

> --
> - Lifespeed

> Sent via Deja.com http://SportToday.org/
> Before you buy.

 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Bruce D. Broadwate » Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:40:12

I don't plan on much thumping in my boat. Just some nice listening, most likely
when not on ski.
I am with you on the fact that having to listen to someone else's music is
obnoxious.
Quote:

> I agree crank up the speed and chuck the crutch then you won't need thumping
> obnoxious stereos

> --
> Kevin R Baugh

> http://SportToday.org/~krbaugh
> http://SportToday.org/~krbaugh/carla



> > At the risk of making generalizations...

> > Why is it that the boarders have booming, obnoxious stereos, while the
> > waterskiers seem content to enjoy their sport with only the muted sound
> > of engine and water parting underneath their ski? Kinda reminds me of a
> > past fad with those small imported pickups and lowering blocks over the
> > axle.

> > Maybe if they'd try skiing a little *faster*, they would find the
> > e***ment they must be missing.

> > --
> > - Lifespeed

> > Sent via Deja.com http://SportToday.org/
> > Before you buy.

 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Lifespee » Sun, 22 Oct 2000 04:00:00



Quote:
> Can't answer your question. I ski and board. Most of my listening
interest
> is when cruising to and from, i.e. inside marinas, no wake zones, etc.
> It is funny you should mention the sound of water under the ski. One
of my
> fondest ski memories is my first long distance ski (muscles gave out
before
> falling) at age of 8 or 9, I vividly remember the clicking sound of
hitting
> the little ripples on doubles at 6 am.

> Where do you ski?

Clearlake, the Delta, and a few other lakes in north CA.

Ever hear the ski whistle, when the water is real smooth?

--
- Lifespeed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by jaco.. » Sun, 22 Oct 2000 04:00:00



Quote:


> > Can't answer your question. I ski and board. Most of my listening
> interest
> > is when cruising to and from, i.e. inside marinas, no wake zones,
etc.
> > It is funny you should mention the sound of water under the ski. One
> of my
> > fondest ski memories is my first long distance ski (muscles gave out
> before
> > falling) at age of 8 or 9, I vividly remember the clicking sound of
> hitting
> > the little ripples on doubles at 6 am.

> > Where do you ski?

> Clearlake, the Delta, and a few other lakes in north CA.

> Ever hear the ski whistle, when the water is real smooth?

> --
> - Lifespeed

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.


some pretty trick installations with some of our local stereo guys- I'd
be glad to give you some ideas.
Ps.. how about the sound of the spray hitting your calf on a really
glass smooth run!
Tim
Ultimate Water SportsNorthbay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Lifespee » Sun, 22 Oct 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> Ps.. how about the sound of the spray hitting your calf on a really
> glass smooth run!
> Tim
> Ultimate Water SportsNorthbay

Hmm. That's OK for a short time, but, after ten minutes or so...

I think that leg spray thing is a combo of boat speed and ski size?

--
- Lifespeed

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Tom Rut » Sun, 22 Oct 2000 04:00:00

...

Quote:
>I think that leg spray thing is a combo of boat speed and ski size?

Speed doesn't matter for me.  Nor does ski size seem to make
a difference, although the new Kidder 7000 CG seems to have
less than the old Redline.  I think it has a lot to do with
how your leg alignment and calf muscle is set up.

Tom

 
 
 

Sound System for 2001 Ski Sanger ???

Post by Jason Craveir » Mon, 23 Oct 2000 04:00:00

It's not about how loud your system is, or how clear it plays.  It's all
about the feeling that you get when you listen to your favorite song after a
great day on the water with your buddies.  That can happen regardless of the
equipment you have installed, I just find that it adds to the experience.
Let me know if you want some help going over a system.  I'm sure you'll find
that you can get just what you want without spending a lot of money.
Jason


Quote:
> I don't plan on much thumping in my boat. Just some nice listening, most
likely
> when not on ski.
> I am with you on the fact that having to listen to someone else's music is
> obnoxious.


> > I agree crank up the speed and chuck the crutch then you won't need
thumping
> > obnoxious stereos

> > --
> > Kevin R Baugh

> > http://SportToday.org/~krbaugh
> > http://SportToday.org/~krbaugh/carla



> > > At the risk of making generalizations...

> > > Why is it that the boarders have booming, obnoxious stereos, while the
> > > waterskiers seem content to enjoy their sport with only the muted
sound
> > > of engine and water parting underneath their ski? Kinda reminds me of
a
> > > past fad with those small imported pickups and lowering blocks over
the
> > > axle.

> > > Maybe if they'd try skiing a little *faster*, they would find the
> > > e***ment they must be missing.

> > > --
> > > - Lifespeed

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://SportToday.org/
> > > Before you buy.