HED "Bullet" Bottle & Scott DH bars

HED "Bullet" Bottle & Scott DH bars

Post by Gordon Rile » Sat, 06 May 1995 04:00:00


I'm thinking of replacing my "Bikestream" with the new HED bullet
shaped drinking bottle.

As I'm the only person in the known Universe to still ride with
Scott DH bars (I really like the positions) can anyone tell me if
the bottle will fit the bars.

Thanks in advance - maybe meet some r.s.t. 'ers at Memphis in May
or Hub City Hustle in a couple of weeks ?

--
Gordon Riley, Cambridge, England
Voice 01223 290473
Fax   01223 290138

 
 
 

HED "Bullet" Bottle & Scott DH bars

Post by Tracy J. Vogl » Sat, 06 May 1995 04:00:00


Quote:

> As I'm the only person in the known Universe to still ride with
> Scott DH bars (I really like the positions) can anyone tell me if
> the bottle will fit the bars.

Gordon,

Perhaps we could start a club:  triathletes who've been around long enough
to still have DH bars (I can't seem to come up with a good acronymn), since
we
seem to be pretty rare these days.  

I looked at the bullet bottle early this year.  It is definitely designed
for the "clip-on" bars as there's a flat section that is supposed to
rest on the straight section of the clip-on bars.  There's no similar
section on the DH bars.  This doesn't mean that you can't use them (I
haven't tried) but you will have to come up with a different way to
mount it.  However you do mount it, it probably won't be as secure as
with the clip-on's.

Good luck with the coming season.

Tracy

 
 
 

HED "Bullet" Bottle & Scott DH bars

Post by steve johns » Sat, 06 May 1995 04:00:00



Quote:


> > As I'm the only person in the known Universe to still ride with
> > Scott DH bars (I really like the positions) can anyone tell me if
> > the bottle will fit the bars.

> Gordon,

> Perhaps we could start a club:  triathletes who've been around long enough
> to still have DH bars (I can't seem to come up with a good acronymn), since
> we
> seem to be pretty rare these days.  

well, i'll admit i'm one.

--
"well, i showed them -
i got a lobotomy!"

                  - "repo man"

 
 
 

HED "Bullet" Bottle & Scott DH bars

Post by TFree591 » Sun, 07 May 1995 04:00:00

     Check the current rules (5.11c and 5.12) as these will probably
answer whether your water bottle is legal.

Col. Thomas E. Freeman

 
 
 

HED "Bullet" Bottle & Scott DH bars

Post by ru.. » Tue, 09 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:


Riley

>  > As I'm the only person in the known Universe to still ride with
>  > Scott DH bars (I really like the positions) can anyone tell me if
>  > the bottle will fit the bars.

No, I have a set on my windtrainer.  Two years ago I used them on my
Powercurve in IM Canada (I would have used a K100 but I was too stupid to
not have bought the last pair of those I saw :=(  ).  They are still lighter (to my
knowledge) than any clip-on setup around.  And if they didn't make me look
like a retro-grouch, I'd still be using them (plus the fact that I road race and
they are a pain to switch out on my Trek 5500).  I was (AFAIK) the first
Canuck to have a set (hand made by BL himself); sold that pair only four
years ago and they are still being ridden around these parts!

Maybe, I ought to get the old dust covered set out of the ba***t...

Tom

 
 
 

HED "Bullet" Bottle & Scott DH bars

Post by Greg » Tue, 09 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:
>Check the current rules (5.11c and 5.12) as these will probably
>answer whether your water bottle is legal.
>Col. Thomas E. Freeman

Wouldn't be simpler just to post here what the answer is rather than
referring us to some set of rules?

Greg Markus

 
 
 

HED "Bullet" Bottle & Scott DH bars

Post by BDPLA » Tue, 09 May 1995 04:00:00

Quote:
>     Check the current rules (5.11c and 5.12) as these will probably
>answer whether your water bottle is legal.
>Col. Thomas E. Freeman
>Wouldn't be simpler just to post here what the answer is rather than
>referring us to some set of rules?
>Greg Markus

The HED water bottle is legal for all Trifed Sanctioned races.

______________________

Bruce Platt