1500/40/10: men, draft legal, wetsuits allowed, water temp. 21 C
air temp. 26-28 C (not sure), very humid.
1. Rainer Mueller, Germany 1.46.20
2. Luc van Lierde, Belgium 1.47.01
3. Spencer Smith, GB 1.47.24
4. Ralf Eggert, Germany 1.47.31
5. Olivier Marceau, France 1.47.51
Spencer Smith was first out of the water. Was later caught
by the pack (peleton). During the run he was second for
some time and run together with Luc for 1km but was unable
to respond when Luc attacked for second place.
women: draft illegal
1. Isabelle Mouthon,France 1.58.33
2. Natascha Badmann, Switz. 2.00.11
3. Susanne Nielsen, Denmark 2.01.19
4. Beatrice Mouthon,France 2.01.52
5. Ute Scafer, Gernamy 2.02.22
Nastacha Badmann was about two minutes behind Isabelle
Mouthon out of the water but passed her on the bike.
She seemed to be in all sorts of trouble when Isabelle
passed during the run. She obviously regained her spirits
and was very happy to take second place.
A fatal accident occurred during the junior race on saturday.
A 14 year old boy from Estonia followed the highway to the
right where he should have gone straight and was hit by a car.
The organizers where criticized for the lack of policemen on
the bike course. For the main event the number was increased
from 50 to 70 and the right turn which lead the Estonian boy
way from the bike course was sealed off.
This is what I was able to find out from Swedish TV and