AD: Spring Sale @ STeve's Multisport

AD: Spring Sale @ STeve's Multisport

Post by Steve Hara » Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:00:00


                                     Steve's Multisport
                             http://www.stevesmultisport.com
                                          1.610.275.4010

Sale Dates March 29th to April 3rd

This is our once a year SPRING Sale.  First calls get the best goodies.
Long list so please read!!

____________________________________________________________________

        * Zoomer Fins:                $29.99
        * TYR Goggles:               10% off
        * TYR Goggle Case:        $9.99
        * Canyon Race Belts:       $4.99 or 3 for $12.00
        * Easy Laces:                  $4.99 or 3 for $12.00
        * 650c/700c LV Tubes:    $4.99 or 3 for $12.00
        * Speedplay X-2 Pedals:   $149.99
        * Speedplay X-3 Pedals:   $119.99
        * Power Clip Elite Pedal:  $49.99 or $79.99 Speedplay
        * Hed Tri Spokes:            $694.99 with Ti Elite Skewers
        * Hed CX Wheelset:         $699.99 with Ti Elite Skewers
        * CH-Aero Disc Cover:     $49.99
        * Flite Ti Saddle:               $49.99
        * Softride Power Wing:     $1999.99
        * Softride RocketWing:     $2999.99
        * Kestrel KM-40 Ult:        $2699.99
        * QR Redstone:                $2749.99
        * LiteSpeed Blade Ult:       $2999.99
        * Litespeed Tachyon Ult:   $1999.99
        * QR Tequilo Carb Ult:      $1894.99
        * Elite T-6 Carb Ult:          $1899.99
        * Softride Windshears:       $849.99 56cm only
        * Polar Smart Edge:           $159.99
        * Polar Accurex Plus:         $199.99
        * QR LongJohn:                 $149.99
        * Ironman LongJohn:         $169.99
        * Ironman VO2 Stealth:      $394.99 Free Bodyglide
        * Body Glide Lube:            $4.99
        * Profile Fast Forward Post:$49.99
        * Buffalo Comp Post:          $119.99
        * Cytomax 1.5lb Can:          $19.99 with FREE Bottle
        * Jogmate:                          $1.99 or 3 for $4.00
        * Jetstream Bottles:              $17.99

Clothing from Zoot Hawaii, Desoto and Leftover Insport Clothing all in
Stock!
1 Piece Mens and Womens Desoto Tri Suits!!!  Call for prices!!!
Used Hed, Specialized, Zipp and more Wheelsets in stock!! Call for
prices!!
Used Computrainer Nintendo Version only $649.99!!!
650c Training wheelsets only $149.99!!
650c Trainng Tires only $10!!

Call now for best selection!!

Hours:  10-6:30 M-F  10-5 Sat  Leave a message if we are not available

Online ordering and fax orders work 24 hours a day!

We are located just outside of Philadelphia PA
--
Steve's Multisport - http://www.stevesmultisport.com/

 
 
 

AD: Spring Sale @ STeve's Multisport

Post by Schneide » Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi , I live in New York.  I was riding my bike earlier today on a
straight road with a double yellow line and a 30mph speed limit.  I was
staying on the right side of the road, like I am supposed to and then
this lady in this car backs up from her driveway on the right side,
right as I am just about to pass her and causes me to to swerve off on
to the sidewalk.  I almost got hit hard, I was going a little over 20
mph.  It would have injured me.  After that happened, I yelled at the
lady briefly(since she almost hit me with a 3000 pound weapon).  She
didn't really care at all and would not admit her mistake.

Her liscence plate is    3NW 911    which is a New York State liscense
plate.  I did not call the cops, but I told her I would.  She sped off
like a maniac away from me after  I told her I was calling the cops.
Now, I want to know what I can do in the future if it happens again or
what I can do to her.  And if it was truly her fault, which I am pretty
sure because you are supposed to share the road with cyclists.

Thank you very much
Matt

 
 
 

AD: Spring Sale @ STeve's Multisport

Post by AJ Calabres » Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Matt,
In this state (NY) cyclists and motorists both are governed by the
vehicle code.  If the situation is as you describe, she could have been
cited for failure to yield right of way. (presupposes that an officer
witnessed the act.)

It sounds like a stupid, but non-malicious move on her part...and one
which you are likely to see many more as you get older.  Still, she
remains responsible for any liability incurred, though it sounds as
though you were not injured, and your bike incurred no damage.

You may wish to talk with the local police (soon) about the incident;
they may pay her a little visit to remind her to drive more carefully.  

A couple years ago while running with three others, I had an angry (at
the world) driver actually veer onto the shoulder and force us well off
the road.  I was so upset with this jerk that I (and the others) filed a
complaint against the driver.  While it didn't successfully prosecute
him, he was served, and the incident was recorded...I assume if he were
to try it again sometime, the precedent would lead to more harsh
treatment.

Be careful out there...stay alive for HS graduation...and USNA!

Augie Calabrese

Quote:

> Hi , I live in New York.  I was riding my bike earlier today on a
> straight road with a double yellow line and a 30mph speed limit.  I was
> staying on the right side of the road, like I am supposed to and then
> this lady in this car backs up from her driveway on the right side,
> right as I am just about to pass her and causes me to to swerve off on
> to the sidewalk.  I almost got hit hard, I was going a little over 20
> mph.  It would have injured me.  After that happened, I yelled at the
> lady briefly(since she almost hit me with a 3000 pound weapon).  She
> didn't really care at all and would not admit her mistake.

> Her liscence plate is    3NW 911    which is a New York State liscense
> plate.  I did not call the cops, but I told her I would.  She sped off
> like a maniac away from me after  I told her I was calling the cops.
> Now, I want to know what I can do in the future if it happens again or
> what I can do to her.  And if it was truly her fault, which I am pretty
> sure because you are supposed to share the road with cyclists.

> Thank you very much
> Matt


 
 
 

AD: Spring Sale @ STeve's Multisport

Post by Rolf Aran » Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>Her liscence plate is    3NW 911    which is a New York State liscense
>plate.  I did not call the cops, but I told her I would.  She sped off
>like a maniac away from me after  I told her I was calling the cops.
>Now, I want to know what I can do in the future if it happens again or
>what I can do to her.  And if it was truly her fault, which I am pretty
>sure because you are supposed to share the road with cyclists.

Well, I don't know about NY rules, but in NJ you
could file a complaint (i.e., issue a traffic
ticket against this person).

Key things to get:
Date, time and place of incident
Details of car (color, make, model, year if possible)
***Most CRITICAL*** - An accurate description of the driver.
Details of incident

Local police sometimes are helpful, sometimes they
don't care. You might have to be very insistent.

I won in a case by doing the above, giving the driver
2 points on his license (NJ system -- 6 points, you've
got problems).

-Rolf
--
I am Iron Mac...
       ...I travel the world and the seven seas...
                           ...everybody's looking for something.
IMC94-14:07  IMC95-11:59  IMC97-12:12  IMC98-14:02  IMNZ99-11:52

 
 
 

AD: Spring Sale @ STeve's Multisport

Post by Vanessa Lynn Smit » Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
> A couple years ago while running with three others, I had an angry (at
> the world) driver actually veer onto the shoulder and force us well off
> the road.  I was so upset with this jerk that I (and the others) filed a
> complaint against the driver.  While it didn't successfully prosecute
> him, he was served, and the incident was recorded...I assume if he were
> to try it again sometime, the precedent would lead to more harsh
> treatment.

My guess, and my hope actually, is that a police officer would have to
see him menacing bicyclists before he would get "more harsh treatment",
or any treatment at all. I would hate to think someone with a grudge
against me could phone in an anonymous tip to the police claiming I was
running bicyclists off the road (which I would never do), causing me to
lose my license and who knows what else.

Vanessa

 
 
 

AD: Spring Sale @ STeve's Multisport

Post by Larry Himme » Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Why should the police have to see it?   Although police often won't act unless
they witness the act, you can still file a complaint.  The police may ask you
to place the person under arrest and/or testify in court.   Otherwise people
could *** whom ever they want as long as they do it out of sight of the
police.

An anonymous tip is a different animal and I agree that you shouldn't be
punished for hearsay.

Larry

My guess, and my hope actually, is that a police officer would have to

Quote:
> see him menacing bicyclists before he would get "more harsh treatment",
> or any treatment at all. I would hate to think someone with a grudge
> against me could phone in an anonymous tip to the police claiming I was
> running bicyclists off the road (which I would never do), causing me to
> lose my license and who knows what else.

> Vanessa

 
 
 

AD: Spring Sale @ STeve's Multisport

Post by Ben M. Schor » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Aloha AJ,

Your advice is sound; bikes are governed by the State Vehicle Code in every
state I'm aware of.  In virtually all of them (including Oregon, California,
Nevada and Hawaii at the least) the vehicle code states specifically that
bikes are subject to the same rights and responsibilties as other vehicles.
That means that it's illegal to ride on the sidewalk (in most circumstances)
you're mandated to ride with traffic, stop for stop lights/signs AND...that
drivers making turns and exiting driveways have to yield for you if you
otherwise have the right of way.

Just a little info from a guy who works for lawyers. <grin>

Aloha,

--
-Ben-
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr


Quote:
> Matt,
> In this state (NY) cyclists and motorists both are governed by the
> vehicle code.  If the situation is as you describe, she could have been
> cited for failure to yield right of way. (presupposes that an officer
> witnessed the act.)

> It sounds like a stupid, but non-malicious move on her part...and one
> which you are likely to see many more as you get older.  Still, she
> remains responsible for any liability incurred, though it sounds as
> though you were not injured, and your bike incurred no damage.

> You may wish to talk with the local police (soon) about the incident;
> they may pay her a little visit to remind her to drive more carefully.

> A couple years ago while running with three others, I had an angry (at
> the world) driver actually veer onto the shoulder and force us well off
> the road.  I was so upset with this jerk that I (and the others) filed a
> complaint against the driver.  While it didn't successfully prosecute
> him, he was served, and the incident was recorded...I assume if he were
> to try it again sometime, the precedent would lead to more harsh
> treatment.

> Be careful out there...stay alive for HS graduation...and USNA!

> Augie Calabrese


> > Hi , I live in New York.  I was riding my bike earlier today on a
> > straight road with a double yellow line and a 30mph speed limit.  I was
> > staying on the right side of the road, like I am supposed to and then
> > this lady in this car backs up from her driveway on the right side,
> > right as I am just about to pass her and causes me to to swerve off on
> > to the sidewalk.  I almost got hit hard, I was going a little over 20
> > mph.  It would have injured me.  After that happened, I yelled at the
> > lady briefly(since she almost hit me with a 3000 pound weapon).  She
> > didn't really care at all and would not admit her mistake.

> > Her liscence plate is    3NW 911    which is a New York State liscense
> > plate.  I did not call the cops, but I told her I would.  She sped off
> > like a maniac away from me after  I told her I was calling the cops.
> > Now, I want to know what I can do in the future if it happens again or
> > what I can do to her.  And if it was truly her fault, which I am pretty
> > sure because you are supposed to share the road with cyclists.

> > Thank you very much
> > Matt