Software for Timex Bodylink System

Software for Timex Bodylink System

Post by Larry Gra » Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:31:31


Hello,
    I seached all over the Internet and cannot find any software training
logs that will load data from the Timex bodylink. Almost all will load Polar
data. Does anyone know of a program that will use the Timex Bodylink?

Thanks,
Larry

 
 
 

Software for Timex Bodylink System

Post by Keith Wilkinso » Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:19:28

I know timex supply their own software with the data logger... or are you
after something else?

K.


Quote:
> Hello,
>     I seached all over the Internet and cannot find any software training
> logs that will load data from the Timex bodylink. Almost all will load
Polar
> data. Does anyone know of a program that will use the Timex Bodylink?

> Thanks,
> Larry


 
 
 

Software for Timex Bodylink System

Post by Larry Gra » Sat, 29 Jan 2005 08:41:01

Hello,
    The software that comes with the watch has some good points and some
annoying points. One thing that annoys me is that you cannot graph weekly
bike miles and weekly running miles, just weekly miles combined. It also
doesn't have any planning or scheduling capabilities.
    Training Peaks online will allow uploads from the Timex software, but it
costs $119.00 per year.
    I'm looking for a program that will upload data from the Timex HRM, and
will let me put in training schedules and races. The best one I've found is
Racing Buddy, but it won't upload. I can manually enter my heartrate for
races, but not for workouts.
    Anyone got any suggestions for software, or any experiences with
Training Peaks?

Thanks in Advance,
Larry


Quote:
>I know timex supply their own software with the data logger... or are you
> after something else?

> K.



>> Hello,
>>     I seached all over the Internet and cannot find any software training
>> logs that will load data from the Timex bodylink. Almost all will load
> Polar
>> data. Does anyone know of a program that will use the Timex Bodylink?

>> Thanks,
>> Larry


 
 
 

Software for Timex Bodylink System

Post by 1/2FeDo » Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:57:19

PC coach has some nice training software.  I use Mike Pigg's triathlon log.
It down loads from polar and timex body link as well.  Check it out at
http://pccoach.com/

fedoc

--
                     __ o          0
 /\o__           -\<,         //\/
^^^^^^^    ( ) / ( )      \/\
                                ..../


Quote:
> Hello,
>    I seached all over the Internet and cannot find any software training
> logs that will load data from the Timex bodylink. Almost all will load
> Polar data. Does anyone know of a program that will use the Timex
> Bodylink?

> Thanks,
> Larry

 
 
 

Software for Timex Bodylink System

Post by Keith Wilkinso » Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:28:20

Can it import info in excel format?  I'm pretty sure you can grab the raw
data out of the data logger somehow... might be worth a shot...

Unfortunately I don't know of any online options however I would suspect it
will start filtering in soon - the timex logger hasn't been around that
long.

K.


Quote:
> Hello,
>     The software that comes with the watch has some good points and some
> annoying points. One thing that annoys me is that you cannot graph weekly
> bike miles and weekly running miles, just weekly miles combined. It also
> doesn't have any planning or scheduling capabilities.
>     Training Peaks online will allow uploads from the Timex software, but
it
> costs $119.00 per year.
>     I'm looking for a program that will upload data from the Timex HRM,
and
> will let me put in training schedules and races. The best one I've found
is
> Racing Buddy, but it won't upload. I can manually enter my heartrate for
> races, but not for workouts.
>     Anyone got any suggestions for software, or any experiences with
> Training Peaks?

> Thanks in Advance,
> Larry



> >I know timex supply their own software with the data logger... or are you
> > after something else?

> > K.



> >> Hello,
> >>     I seached all over the Internet and cannot find any software
training
> >> logs that will load data from the Timex bodylink. Almost all will load
> > Polar
> >> data. Does anyone know of a program that will use the Timex Bodylink?

> >> Thanks,
> >> Larry

 
 
 

Software for Timex Bodylink System

Post by Rick Cierv » Fri, 04 Feb 2005 03:57:08

Larry,

You *can* display weekly distance by sport. In the drop-down list for
the "aggregate" graphs, you will find "Weekly distance by sport" right
after the selections for "Goals:".

However, to make this work, you have to make sure to properly identify
the workouts as "Bike" and "Run" in the "Activity" selection for each
workout.

-Rick

Quote:

> Hello,
>     The software that comes with the watch has some good points and
some
> annoying points. One thing that annoys me is that you cannot graph
weekly
> bike miles and weekly running miles, just weekly miles combined. It
also
> doesn't have any planning or scheduling capabilities.
>     Training Peaks online will allow uploads from the Timex software,
but it
> costs $119.00 per year.
>     I'm looking for a program that will upload data from the Timex
HRM, and
> will let me put in training schedules and races. The best one I've
found is
> Racing Buddy, but it won't upload. I can manually enter my heartrate
for
> races, but not for workouts.
>     Anyone got any suggestions for software, or any experiences with
> Training Peaks?

> Thanks in Advance,
> Larry



> >I know timex supply their own software with the data logger... or
are you
> > after something else?

> > K.



> >> Hello,
> >>     I seached all over the Internet and cannot find any software
training
> >> logs that will load data from the Timex bodylink. Almost all will
load
> > Polar
> >> data. Does anyone know of a program that will use the Timex
Bodylink?

> >> Thanks,
> >> Larry

 
 
 

Software for Timex Bodylink System

Post by rsquare » Sat, 19 Feb 2005 12:58:31


Quote:
> The Timex app is just a front end for an Access database. If you look
> in the Timex directory, you'll find a file with an extension of .mdb.
> Excel can be used to read the file.

Interesting.  I don't have one, but if this is true, you can open the mdb to
classify your workout "type" after the fact.

This would be my approach if workout time came and I just wanted to get on
with it.

Better yet, you can create a separate MDB that sources the Timex one.  Then
you can fool around with the UI and functionality as you see fit.

I sometimes use a Garmin; I wish it gave some of the options for fooling
around with the data that the Timex seems to.  I would have to really
geek-out and get into XML.

rsquared