oh, Ive done it again

oh, Ive done it again

Post by ander » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00


1st of all, applause to all the IMNZ crew.  Very impressive.

As for moi, I've gotten myself in deep, again.  Last year Jason,
Tri-Baby, Iron Pete, et al, used the soft sell of alluring tales from
the ironman distance, so off I went to GFT, and had a BLAST.

So what do I do?  Hey, how about an ultra?  That looks like fun. (notice
the total lack of intelligent thought in that last statement).

After signing onto the ultr list serve (much like tri-drs), I found a
local, or fairly local, 50K, the HAT trail run, going off this Sat, in
MD. Now these souls, the ultra marathoners, are a hearty bunch, and many
embody what I think of as the spirit that first attracted me to
triathlons.

So, off goes the check, along with any reasonable degree of sanity (I
mean there is always the chance they won't get it, so I wouldn't have to
blame myself.  no such luck, I'm in).

Training has been sh*%, weather has been lousy, and I can not wait for
the start of another chapter in the Adventures of Anders (I'm thinking
of entitling it Death Wish... oh, it's been used?).

If anyone else from our community (RST or TRI-DRS) is gonna be there,
stop by and say howdy to the fat guy, plodding on.

anders
who should really seek professional help

--
Don't worry about avoiding temptation.  
As you grow older, it will avoid you.

 
 
 

oh, Ive done it again

Post by Iron Pe » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
>1st of all, applause to all the IMNZ crew.  Very impressive.

>As for moi, I've gotten myself in deep, again.  Last year Jason,
>Tri-Baby, Iron Pete, et al, used the soft sell of alluring tales from
>the ironman distance, so off I went to GFT, and had a BLAST.

>So what do I do?  Hey, how about an ultra?  That looks like fun. (notice
>the total lack of intelligent thought in that last statement).

>After signing onto the ultr list serve (much like tri-drs), I found a
>local, or fairly local, 50K, the HAT trail run, going off this Sat, in
>MD. Now these souls, the ultra marathoners, are a hearty bunch, and many
>embody what I think of as the spirit that first attracted me to
>triathlons.

>So, off goes the check, along with any reasonable degree of sanity (I
>mean there is always the chance they won't get it, so I wouldn't have to
>blame myself.  no such luck, I'm in).

>Training has been sh*%, weather has been lousy, and I can not wait for
>the start of another chapter in the Adventures of Anders (I'm thinking
>of entitling it Death Wish... oh, it's been used?).

>If anyone else from our community (RST or TRI-DRS) is gonna be there,
>stop by and say howdy to the fat guy, plodding on.

>anders
>who should really seek professional help

>--
>Don't worry about avoiding temptation.  
>As you grow older, it will avoid you.

Anders:

That spark of spontaneity is what is so enjoyable about these sports. I have a
good feeling you're going to have a fun time on that run. Why? Because it
sounded to crazy to be done. You'll realize you had a blast when you cross that
finish line. :-)

I've had my share of craziness, and I had nothing but fun from all of them. the
Great Chesapeake Bay Swim, along with IMNZ, sounded too crazy when I first
decided (with a little goading from my friends, of course), but I'm glad that I
experienced them. The season will otherwise be boring without them.

Iron Pete "Speaking of craziness, I am thinking about going into Survival of
the Shawangunks Tri this year" Priolo

 
 
 

oh, Ive done it again

Post by ECoaste » Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I did my first ultra at the Holiday Lake 50k a couple of weeks ago--one of the
best experiences I've ever had! I'm hooked. Planning another 50k for July and
the Mt *** 50 miler for October.
Hope you have a similar experience--maybe I'll see you at Mt ***.
Wes

 
 
 

oh, Ive done it again

Post by fesen.. » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00



Quote:
> So what do I do?  Hey, how about an ultra?  That looks like fun. (notice
> the total lack of intelligent thought in that last statement).

Anders, you sir are a madman..................I want to party with you!

Enjoy!

Yakabo

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own    

 
 
 

oh, Ive done it again

Post by ander » Sat, 20 Mar 1999 04:00:00

SOS, survivor '97, '98

It was GREAT.  You'd love it.  Beautiful course, great time.  It's set for 9/19 ( a
little later than the last 2 years, so the water should be a little cooler as
well).

I seem to recall a great article in TT about it a couple of years ago.... (ok, I
wrote it, but it was great anyways).  :)

anders
Woooooo, coooool

Quote:

> >1st of all, applause to all the IMNZ crew.  Very impressive.

> >As for moi, I've gotten myself in deep, again.  Last year Jason,
> >Tri-Baby, Iron Pete, et al, used the soft sell of alluring tales from
> >the ironman distance, so off I went to GFT, and had a BLAST.

> >So what do I do?  Hey, how about an ultra?  That looks like fun. (notice
> >the total lack of intelligent thought in that last statement).

> >After signing onto the ultr list serve (much like tri-drs), I found a
> >local, or fairly local, 50K, the HAT trail run, going off this Sat, in
> >MD. Now these souls, the ultra marathoners, are a hearty bunch, and many
> >embody what I think of as the spirit that first attracted me to
> >triathlons.

> >So, off goes the check, along with any reasonable degree of sanity (I
> >mean there is always the chance they won't get it, so I wouldn't have to
> >blame myself.  no such luck, I'm in).

> >Training has been sh*%, weather has been lousy, and I can not wait for
> >the start of another chapter in the Adventures of Anders (I'm thinking
> >of entitling it Death Wish... oh, it's been used?).

> >If anyone else from our community (RST or TRI-DRS) is gonna be there,
> >stop by and say howdy to the fat guy, plodding on.

> >anders
> >who should really seek professional help

> >--
> >Don't worry about avoiding temptation.
> >As you grow older, it will avoid you.

> Anders:

> That spark of spontaneity is what is so enjoyable about these sports. I have a
> good feeling you're going to have a fun time on that run. Why? Because it
> sounded to crazy to be done. You'll realize you had a blast when you cross that
> finish line. :-)

> I've had my share of craziness, and I had nothing but fun from all of them. the
> Great Chesapeake Bay Swim, along with IMNZ, sounded too crazy when I first
> decided (with a little goading from my friends, of course), but I'm glad that I
> experienced them. The season will otherwise be boring without them.

> Iron Pete "Speaking of craziness, I am thinking about going into Survival of
> the Shawangunks Tri this year" Priolo

 
 
 

oh, Ive done it again

Post by Iron Pe » Sun, 21 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
>SOS, survivor '97, '98

>It was GREAT.  You'd love it.  Beautiful course, great time.  It's set for
>9/19 ( a
>little later than the last 2 years, so the water should be a little cooler as
>well).

>I seem to recall a great article in TT about it a couple of years ago....
>(ok, I
>wrote it, but it was great anyways).  :)

It's a small world Anders. :-)

 I can't wait to do it. It's a race I've always wanted to do. I've read it in a
tri magazine several years back, and I was interested then.

Good luck on your 50k.

"Iron Pete" Priolo        +--------+
                          |26      |
IMC'96: 10:36:37          |   Fe   |   IMNZ, IMC '99
IMC'97: 10:42:53          |        |
                          +--------+
                 "THE BEST ELEMENT OF RACING"