Workout music

Workout music

Post by bc » Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:03:09


I want to put together some great workout music on my mp3 player. Does
anybody have some great favorites. I would love to hear about what people
listen to when they work out.

thanks

rob

 
 
 

Workout music

Post by Dod Od » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:30:48

I find a mix variety like Korn,Faith no More ,Limp Bizkit something with a
fast tempo, Then to relax to i like something mellow like Pink Floyd or even
Enya but it all boils down to personal taste.

Dave.o


Quote:
> I want to put together some great workout music on my mp3 player. Does
> anybody have some great favorites. I would love to hear about what people
> listen to when they work out.

> thanks

> rob


 
 
 

Workout music

Post by ANDRA » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 05:26:10

TRANSVISION VAMP!!!!


Quote:
> I want to put together some great workout music on my mp3 player. Does
> anybody have some great favorites. I would love to hear about what people
> listen to when they work out.

> thanks

> rob


 
 
 

Workout music

Post by mikeschw.. » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 05:52:40

"Defiler" or "Visiting Day". Quick - what's that from?! Who is is that
is always doing this to us? Larry? Bet I stump him. I can't recall.

Schwing



Quote:
> TRANSVISION VAMP!!!!



> > I want to put together some great workout music on my mp3 player.
Does
> > anybody have some great favorites. I would love to hear about what
people
> > listen to when they work out.

> > thanks

> > rob

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/
 
 
 

Workout music

Post by WRicha36 » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 06:48:18

Ectasy.......by Rusted Root
She Sells Sanctuary.....by The Cult
Firewoman........by the Cult
I Need to Know.....by Tom Petty
Everything Zen..... Bush
 Water's Edge....by 7 Mary 3
My My......              "    "
I hate my Generation....by Cracker
100 flower power maximum...."    "
All the small things.....Blink 182
Aliens exist....             "         "
What's my age Again   "          "            No Brakes.......  by Offspring
Starin at the sun.."       "
Knock Down Walls for you....by Tonic
Bullet with Butterfly Wings... Smashing
                                           Pumpkins
Panama, Ain't Talkin' bout Love, Jump,  or Anything off of Best of Van
Halen....

These are some good sounds with good beat....fast paced or intense.....Great
for workouts...  

When I have more time I can post more.  These work well for the Power Pacing
Class I teach........

bill richards
Hawaii '95, '00

 
 
 

Workout music

Post by Robert H. Diday, Jr » Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:03:04

My preferences:

1. LSD run:
    a.) Mahler's Symphony #1, "Titan". It is such a demanding piece of
music you will either be completely lost in it, or simply at a loss to
understand why I like it. :P
    b.) Brahm's "German Requiem" or Mozart's "Requiem",  particularly
if I think I might "die" on the run. I want to go out in style
anyway....:)

2. Long tempo run:
    a.) Iron Butterfly's "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida".
    b.) Don McLean's "American Pie", for the cool down.

3. Short tempo run:
    I don't listen to anything if the run is 3 miles or less, or is a
track workout.

I'll look for some of the "modern" pieces some of you mentioned.  Will
I need ear surgery after? :)

No one runs to opera? "Un Bel Di" (Kiri Te Kanawa, of course), for
that Ironman that never seems to end and you've decided entering was
suicide? :P

Happy Holidays

-Robert



Quote:
>I find a mix variety like Korn,Faith no More ,Limp Bizkit something with a
>fast tempo, Then to relax to i like something mellow like Pink Floyd or even
>Enya but it all boils down to personal taste.

>Dave.o



>> I want to put together some great workout music on my mp3 player. Does
>> anybody have some great favorites. I would love to hear about what people
>> listen to when they work out.

>> thanks

>> rob

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do.
Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakover, Chess Grandmaster