I am entering my first Adventure Race next month and I need help on what
to expect. Now I know how it feels when people post innocent questions on
RST about triathlons and what to expect because I am completely clueless
on what to expect. The race I am entering is called the Hi TEC Adventure
race here in Miami, Florida on Sept 14th. The brochure just says to bring
your bike but offers NO insight on what the logistics will be and I do not
want to wait until the day before to find out.
If anyone has done this type of race (RUN, BIKE, KAYAK, and other special
events) please help. Specifically I was wondering about the following:
- Should I bring two different type of shoes (running and biking).
- Will I be racking my bike in the same place I picked it up.
- What kind of gloves should I bring along for kayaking and wall climbing
(assuming this is the special event).
- Are the kayaks built for 2 people or 3.
- Energy replacement: Should we rely on the organizers to provide
liquids and food during the 3 to 5 hour race.
Any other helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.
Carlos Torres de Navarra
TEAM KEY RATS
-------------------==== Posted via Deja News ====-----------------------
http://SportToday.org/; Search, Read, Post to Usenet