What would you think about Sweden having the Olympics???

What would you think about Sweden having the Olympics???

Post by Henrik Alexandersso » Thu, 24 Oct 1996 04:00:00


Very intresting for me (who really wants it here) to know....

 
 
 

What would you think about Sweden having the Olympics???

Post by Rusty Wilso » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00


Quote:

>Very intresting for me (who really wants it here) to know....

I'd love it to be there, but it seems the Swedes don't want the Games,
especially since Atlanta.  The latest polls from Swedish newspapers say
that a majority do not want them.
Rusty

 
 
 

What would you think about Sweden having the Olympics???

Post by Henrik Alexandersso » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

About the majority saying no to Olympics is Sweden......

This is not really true, it's just that the newspapers always make a chicken out of _one_
feather. There were some weirdo people that demonstrated when the olympic comitee' were in
Stockholm. But it was against the coming tax-rate (that they thought automatcally) would accur
after the events...

-
Patrik

 
 
 

What would you think about Sweden having the Olympics???

Post by David Coate » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00


Quote:
> I'd love it to be there, but it seems the Swedes don't want the Games,
> especially since Atlanta.  The latest polls from Swedish newspapers say
> that a majority do not want them.
> Rusty

Isn't it time the Games came to Africa???? The people of Africa have the
right to stage the games on their soil, and the time has come for the
greatest event in the world to grace the birthplace of mankind. Cape Town's
bid is about development, not just of post-apartheid South Africa, but of
the development of the human spirit, as has happened inthe miricle in South
Africa over the past 6 years.

Cape Town can host a succesful Olympic Games in 2004, and if Cape Town
wins, WE ALL WIN!

--
Dave Coates

Cape Town
South Africa

CAPE TOWN SUMMER OLYMPICS 2004

 
 
 

What would you think about Sweden having the Olympics???

Post by Charles P. Buchan » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00


Quote:


> > I'd love it to be there, but it seems the Swedes don't want the Games,
> > especially since Atlanta.  The latest polls from Swedish newspapers say
> > that a majority do not want them.
> > Rusty

This is interesting. What about Atlanta changed their minds? I think the
idea of paying for the Games through taxes might dampen a little of the
spirit (one reason I will always be happy the Atlanta Games were funded by
corporate sponsors--I didn't have to pay for it through taxes! :) ).

Quote:

> Isn't it time the Games came to Africa???? The people of Africa have the
> right to stage the games on their soil, and the time has come for the
> greatest event in the world to grace the birthplace of mankind. Cape Town's
> bid is about development, not just of post-apartheid South Africa, but of
> the development of the human spirit, as has happened inthe miricle in South
> Africa over the past 6 years.

> Cape Town can host a succesful Olympic Games in 2004, and if Cape Town
> wins, WE ALL WIN!

I think Sweden would do a wonderful job of staging the Games, but I tend
to agree with Dave. The Olympics should next go to a country and continent
which has not yet hosted a Games. I'm very interested in Cape Town's and
Rio's bids for this reason.

I remember well when Atlanta won their bid. All the European media said
that the U.S. has hosted the Games too many times. If they win 2004, much
the same could be said for Europe.

Quote:

> --
> Dave Coates

> Cape Town
> South Africa

> CAPE TOWN SUMMER OLYMPICS 2004

--Charles Buchanan

Duck on FDCMuck
 
 
 

What would you think about Sweden having the Olympics???

Post by Mathias Jonsso » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00


Quote:
> About the majority saying no to Olympics is Sweden......

> This is not really true, it's just that the newspapers always make a chicken out of _one_
> feather. There were some weirdo people that demonstrated when the olympic comitee' were in
> Stockholm. But it was against the coming tax-rate (that they thought automatcally) would accur
> after the events...

Stockholm 'Beuty on Water' excellent for the Olympics!
Forza Stockholm!!!