WORLD'S FASTEST MAN & WOMAN - MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS !!!!!!!!!!!

WORLD'S FASTEST MAN & WOMAN - MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by disco.. » Mon, 02 Sep 1996 04:00:00


      MICHAEL "SUPERMAN" JOHNSON Vs. bailey

 (1) 200 METER TIME - 19.32 SECONDS - 23.14 MPH

 (2) 100 METER TIME -  9.84 SECONDS - 22.54 MPH

MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON broke MINNEA'S RECORD

twice, a RECORD that wasn't BROKEN for 17 YEARS !!

By .4 second which is a WHOPPING 2% !!!!

bailey by contrast broke the 100 meter record by

the smallest of margins of .01 seconds !!!!

That's a tiny 1/10 of 1% improvement !!!

In well over 95% of track meets the 100 meter winner

has a higher MPH than the 200 meter winner which is why

it's traditional to call the 100 meter winner the

WORLDS FASTEST MAN !! In this OLYMPICS, THE WORLD'S

FASTEST WOMAN is the 100 meter winner since her time

has a higher MPH than the 200 meter runner !!

Gail Devers ran a 10.94 in the 100 meter while

Marie Jose Perec ran a 22.12 meter race !!

So the USA has BOTH the MENS & WOMEN'S WORLD'S

FASTEST RUNNERS !!

MICHAEL" SUPERMAN" JOHNSON has changed the rules

because of his awesome speed !!

There is skill in running the turn in the 200 meter

which slows down a runner !!

Perhaps, in 20 to 30 years, a runner will come along

in the 400 meter run who will have the highest MPH !!

If so, then obviously the 400 meter run will be the

race for the WORLD'S FASTEST MAN or WOMAN -whomever

is able to do that !!

For all those who think that because a runner is at

top speed at the second half of the 200 meter race

so naturally it's easy to do, then why did it take 17 years

to break the 200 meter, while during the same period the

100 meter record was broken several times ??!!!!

Why did LINFORD CHRISTIE, who's run a 9.86 100 meter,

not even make the final, when he was well rested from

DQ'ing the 100 meter final !!!

Anytime bailey wants, he can enter the 200 meter race &

break the WORLD RECORD if he can !! But instead he'll be

hard pressed to beat MINNEAS old time, while eating

         MICHAEL " SUPERMAN " JOHNSON'S DUST !!

 
 
 

WORLD'S FASTEST MAN & WOMAN - MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Jason Campbel » Wed, 04 Sep 1996 04:00:00

l sputtered:
<snip>

Why don't you *** yourself and face reality: Bailey is the fastest man
because he was the 100m winner.  Stop being a whiny poor loser and deal
with it!

 
 
 

WORLD'S FASTEST MAN & WOMAN - MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Paul Nahl » Wed, 04 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:
>       MICHAEL "SUPERMAN" JOHNSON Vs. bailey

>  (1) 200 METER TIME - 19.32 SECONDS - 23.14 MPH

>  (2) 100 METER TIME -  9.84 SECONDS - 22.54 MPH

Here is the thing you leave out though in your American ignorance.

Donovan Bailey ran his 100 m  out of a still start, whereas Johnson's
second 100 m was run from a flying start....as in he was already moving

The title of World's Fastest Human ALWAYS goes to the winner of the 100 m
this is because it requires the most acceleration and makes you get to
the highest speed as fast as possible.

The ONLY reason there is even a debate here is because the Americans did
not place anyone in the top 3, had Dennis Mitchell won, he would have
been given the title hands down. The rest of the World recognizes the
true World's fastest human, America needs it's own hero so they improvised...
Had Johnson not won, it would have been up to the 400, then the 800, then
etc until they won one

Quote:
> bailey by contrast broke the 100 meter record by
> the smallest of margins of .01 seconds !!!!

.01 seconds in the 100 m is a HUGE margin

The difference between first and last was a mere .3 seconds

Quote:
> That's a tiny 1/10 of 1% improvement !!!

Of the FASTEST TIME EVER RUN

Quote:
> So the USA has BOTH the MENS & WOMEN'S WORLD'S
> FASTEST RUNNERS !!

Wrong

Quote:
> MICHAEL" SUPERMAN" JOHNSON has changed the rules
> because of his awesome speed !!

Nope, the Americans changed it because a Canadian won :)

Quote:
> There is skill in running the turn in the 200 meter
> which slows down a runner !!

Wrong, you pick up speed actually. Once again, remember that the second
100 m of the race is run from a flying start....he's already at top speed
as opposed to in the blocks

Quote:
> For all those who think that because a runner is at
> top speed at the second half of the 200 meter race
> so naturally it's easy to do, then why did it take 17 years
> to break the 200 meter, while during the same period the
> 100 meter record was broken several times ??!!!!

This is a ridiculous statement....so if the record for the marathon stood
for 50 years and was then broken, would that make them the world's
fastest human? NO

The 100 m record goes down more often because it is a more highly
profiled event and being this, there is more fame and money and
recognition here, and thus more people run the event and thus more people
attempt to break the record.

Simple fact is, only 1 man has ever covered the distance in a faster
time, and he is technically the true world's fastest human, but he did so
under the influence of illegal substances.

Quote:
> Anytime bailey wants, he can enter the 200 meter race &
> break the WORLD RECORD if he can !! But instead he'll be
> hard pressed to beat MINNEAS old time, while eating

Or Johnson could try running the 100m but he wouldn't get to eat Bailey's
dust.....Bailey is too fast, and the dust would settle by the time
Johnson caught up to the field

Johnson cannot run the 100 m against Bailey

(btw at TOP speed, bailey is moving faster than Johnson...they have it in
the break down of the speed vs time and speed vs distance graphs, of the
race)

I'll be the first to give credit where credit is due

DONOVAN BAILEY....WORLD'S FASTEST HUMAN

(like it or not, it is a hard and proven FACT)

(US shoulda gotten a gold medla in the fastest excuse department after
the 4x100 relay btw....we'd have won if Carl Lewis ran...oh puh-lease

Here's a side note for everyone....Every Canadian, and actually everyone
from around the world that watched the event, outside of SOME Americans,
were praying that Carl Lewis would run, and praying that the US would
have the lead when he got the baton so we could all watch Bailey reel him
in and blow by him, to end this American arrogance for a
bit....unfortunately, he didn't run and they were never that close, so it
was just a cake walk there too.

 
 
 

WORLD'S FASTEST MAN & WOMAN - MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by disco.. » Thu, 05 Sep 1996 04:00:00

      MICHAEL "SUPERMAN" JOHNSON Vs. bailey

 (1) 200 METER TIME - 19.32 SECONDS - 23.14 MPH

 (2) 100 METER TIME -  9.84 SECONDS - 22.54 MPH

MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON broke MINNEA'S RECORD

twice, a RECORD that wasn't BROKEN for 17 YEARS !!

By .4 second which is a WHOPPING 2% !!!!

bailey by contrast broke the 100 meter record by

the smallest of margins of .01 seconds !!!!

That's a tiny 1/10 of 1% improvement !!!

In well over 95% of track meets the 100 meter winner

has a higher MPH than the 200 meter winner which is why

it's traditional to call the 100 meter winner the

WORLDS FASTEST MAN !! In this OLYMPICS, THE WORLD'S

FASTEST WOMAN is the 100 meter winner since her time

has a higher MPH than the 200 meter runner !!

Gail Devers ran a 10.94 in the 100 meter while

Marie Jose Perec ran a 22.12 meter race !!

So the USA has BOTH the MENS & WOMEN'S WORLD'S

FASTEST RUNNERS !!

MICHAEL" SUPERMAN" JOHNSON has changed the rules

because of his awesome speed !!

There is skill in running the turn in the 200 meter

which slows down a runner !!

Perhaps, in 20 to 30 years, a runner will come along

in the 400 meter run who will have the highest MPH !!

If so, then obviously the 400 meter run will be the

race for the WORLD'S FASTEST MAN or WOMAN -whomever

is able to do that !!

For all those who think that because a runner is at

top speed at the second half of the 200 meter race

so naturally it's easy to do, then why did it take 17 years

to break the 200 meter, while during the same period the

100 meter record was broken several times ??!!!!

Why did LINFORD CHRISTIE, who's run a 9.86 100 meter,

not even make the final, when he was well rested from

DQ'ing the 100 meter final !!!

Anytime bailey wants, he can enter the 200 meter race &

break the WORLD RECORD if he can !! But instead he'll be

hard pressed to beat MINNEAS old time, while eating

         MICHAEL " SUPERMAN " JOHNSON'S DUST !!

 
 
 

WORLD'S FASTEST MAN & WOMAN - MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by David G. Szwa » Thu, 05 Sep 1996 04:00:00


Verbal ***from "l" removed

THE TRUTH::

Well people, I think the joke is on you.  In the first place, his
postings are so loud and absurd that you shouldn't be taking it
seriously (doesn't he have one posting which he posts over and
over again?).

The guy called "l" is really Blase Menichelli (unless he faked his
name) and he's been posting to Usenet for quite a while now.  I
think he believes what he is saying only to a certain extent; his
main intention is to amuse himself by getting under the skin of
everyone.  His postings in other groups supports this.

In the past, he has posted to groups such as alt.paranormal,
sci.skeptic, and alt.out-of-body.  He's been annoying believers in
the paranormal with his outlandish postings, some of which
offered rewards to those who could demonstrate their "psychic
abilities."  The following is an example of his handiwork:

Quote:
>If you are one of those who claim "PSYCHIC" powers then
>now is the time to cash in !!

>To eliminate curiosity; to enter the contest & receive rules
>you'll need to email back to me your complete name, physical
>address & telephone number ( NO VOICE MAIL) . If you can do that,
>you'll receive the rules & will EASILY WIN the $10,000 since if
>you really have "PSYCHIC" powers, it'll be a snap to win !
>It's completely FREE to enter !

He has also posted to groups such as misc.entrepreneurs and the
alt.business.* hierarchy.  Most of his postings in these groups
have been offers-of-employment or get-rich-quick schemes.  I think
his satirical nature is quite evident in the following example:

Quote:
>          NATIONAL BUSINESS CONSULTANTS
>          ------------------------------

>  Tired of just getting by...THIS IS THE ANSWER!

>  National Business Consultants offers the most
>  powerful income building vehicle to date!

>Consider this: A ONE TIME $50 investment could turn
>into $6204 plus thousands each and every month...
>which could develop into $7,500 every two weeks...
>which could develop into $10,000 every week.

>And a FREE BONUS: 30 boxes of cereal and 30 cans of coffee -
>All name brands - your choice at no additional out of pocket cost
>to you (this alone is worth 3 to 4 times your initial investment)!


been goofing on you all along!
 
 
 

WORLD'S FASTEST MAN & WOMAN - MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by disco.. » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00


Quote:

>>       MICHAEL "SUPERMAN" JOHNSON Vs. bailey

>>  (1) 200 METER TIME - 19.32 SECONDS - 23.14 MPH

>>  (2) 100 METER TIME -  9.84 SECONDS - 22.54 MPH

>Here is the thing you leave out though in your American ignorance.

>Donovan Bailey ran his 100 m  out of a still start, whereas Johnson's
>second 100 m was run from a flying start....as in he was already moving

____________________________________________________________

TRUE, BUT THE THAT LOGIC APPLIES TO THE WOMEN TOO &
GAIL DEVERS RAN THE 100 METER WITH A HIGHER M.P.H.
THAN PEREC IN THE 200 METER RACE !! SO THAT BLOWS YOUR
THEORY ABOUT THE "ADVANTAGE OF THE 200 HAVE A FLYING
START IN THE SECOND 100 METERS !! IN FACT, FLO-JO RAN A
10.49 100 METER & NO FEMALE RUNNER HAS COME CLOSE IN
THE 200 METER IN M.P.H. FURTHER BLOWING YOUR THEORY
BUB !!!!!
_______________________________________________________________

Quote:

>The title of World's Fastest Human ALWAYS goes to the winner of the 100 m
>this is because it requires the most acceleration and makes you get to
>the highest speed as fast as possible.

________________________________________________________________
Not true, BUB !!! The men also run a 50 & 60 meter race in the indoor season
& those races require even faster acceleration than the 100 meter !!!
________________________________________________________________
Quote:

>The ONLY reason there is even a debate here is because the Americans did
>not place anyone in the top 3, had Dennis Mitchell won, he would have
>been given the title hands down. The rest of the World recognizes the
>true World's fastest human, America needs it's own hero so they improvised...
>Had Johnson not won, it would have been up to the 400, then the 800, then
>etc until they won one

_________________________________________________________________

Wrong again, BUB !! Unless of course, our 400 meter or 800 meter runner
had the HIGHEST M.P.H. !!!! In which case they would have been the
FASTEST MAN ALIVE !!!
________________________________________________________________

Quote:

>> bailey by contrast broke the 100 meter record by
>> the smallest of margins of .01 seconds !!!!

>.01 seconds in the 100 m is a HUGE margin

________________________________________________
Wrong again !!! .01 is the SMALLEST margin that is
possible to break a record !!!!!!!!!! By contrast
MICHAEL"SUPERMAN"JOHNSON broke the
17 year old record twice by .4 of a second - a full
40 times what bailey broke the 100 by !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
________________________________________________

Quote:

>The difference between first and last was a mere .3 seconds

>> That's a tiny 1/10 of 1% improvement !!!

>Of the FASTEST TIME EVER RUN

>> So the USA has BOTH the MENS & WOMEN'S WORLD'S
>> FASTEST RUNNERS !!

>  MICHAEL "SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS

    both had the highest M.P.H. of anyone in the 1996 OLYMPICS !!!

Quote:
>> MICHAEL" SUPERMAN" JOHNSON has changed the rules
>> because of his awesome speed !!

>> There is skill in running the turn in the 200 meter
>> which slows down a runner !!

>Wrong, you pick up speed actually. Once again, remember that the second
>100 m of the race is run from a flying start....he's already at top speed
>as opposed to in the blocks

>> For all those who think that because a runner is at
>> top speed at the second half of the 200 meter race
>> so naturally it's easy to do, then why did it take 17 years
>> to break the 200 meter, while during the same period the
>> 100 meter record was broken several times ??!!!!

>This is a ridiculous statement....so if the record for the marathon stood
>for 50 years and was then broken, would that make them the world's
>fastest human?

That would make it a tremendous record if it stood for 50 years !!!!
The longer a record stands, the greater the record !!!!
MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON 200 METER RECORD
could last for 30 years !!!!!!!! bailey's record will probably be broken
 within a couple years !!!
Quote:

>The 100 m record goes down more often because it is a more highly
>profiled event and being this, there is more fame and money and
>recognition here, and thus more people run the event and thus more people
>attempt to break the record.

Wrong !!! It's broken more often because it's broken by the slimmest of
 margins & no one has come along to smash the record down to say 9.66
which would be exactly the same M.P.H. as a 19.32 in the 200 meter race !!
While the women will take decades if EVER before the WORLD RECORD
in the 200 meter race has a higher M.P.H. than the 100 meter; the OPPOSITE
is true on the men's side !!!

Quote:

>Simple fact is, only 1 man has ever covered the distance in a faster
>time, and he is technically the true world's fastest human, but he did so
>under the influence of illegal substances.

____________________________________________________________
Wrong again !!!!!!! Even 9.79 has a slower M.P.H. than M.J'S 19.32 in the
200 but he's no longer a world class runner !! There is a big difference between
a world record & the world's fastest man !!! M.J. could retire today & hold
the 200 record for 30 years but he'd cease to be the world's fastest man !!!
Just like FLO-JO is the fastest woman ever & may hold the M.P.H. record
for 30 years but she is no longer THE WORLD'S FASTEST WOMAN !!!

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

>> Anytime bailey wants, he can enter the 200 meter race &
>> break the WORLD RECORD if he can !! But instead he'll be
>> hard pressed to beat MINNEAS old time, while eating

>Or Johnson could try running the 100m but he wouldn't get to eat Bailey's
>dust.....Bailey is too fast, and the dust would settle by the time
>Johnson caught up to the field

>Johnson cannot run the 100 m against Bailey

>(btw at TOP speed, bailey is moving faster than Johnson...they have it in
>the break down of the speed vs time and speed vs distance graphs, of the
>race)

>I'll be the first to give credit where credit is due

>DONOVAN BAILEY....WORLD'S FASTEST HUMAN

>(like it or not, it is a hard and proven FACT)

>(US shoulda gotten a gold medla in the fastest excuse department after
>the 4x100 relay btw....we'd have won if Carl Lewis ran...oh puh-lease

>Here's a side note for everyone....Every Canadian, and actually everyone
>from around the world that watched the event, outside of SOME Americans,
>were praying that Carl Lewis would run, and praying that the US would
>have the lead when he got the baton so we could all watch Bailey reel him
>in and blow by him, to end this American arrogance for a
>bit....unfortunately, he didn't run and they were never that close, so it
>was just a cake walk there too.

 
 
 

WORLD'S FASTEST MAN & WOMAN - MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Paul Nahl » Thu, 12 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:
> >Here is the thing you leave out though in your American ignorance.
> >Donovan Bailey ran his 100 m  out of a still start, whereas Johnson's
> >second 100 m was run from a flying start....as in he was already moving
> ____________________________________________________________

> TRUE, BUT THE THAT LOGIC APPLIES TO THE WOMEN TOO &
> GAIL DEVERS RAN THE 100 METER WITH A HIGHER M.P.H.
> THAN PEREC IN THE 200 METER RACE !! SO THAT BLOWS YOUR
> THEORY ABOUT THE "ADVANTAGE OF THE 200 HAVE A FLYING
> START IN THE SECOND 100 METERS !! IN FACT, FLO-JO RAN A
> 10.49 100 METER & NO FEMALE RUNNER HAS COME CLOSE IN
> THE 200 METER IN M.P.H. FURTHER BLOWING YOUR THEORY
> BUB !!!!!
> _______________________________________________________________

Firstly, the BUB comment is pityful, you are not dealing with a moron
that rants out of ignorance.

Secondly, Men's and women's events are separate....keep them that way.
There is a matter of pacing involved and in Johnson's case, he was able
to maintain his speed over the full 200m as opposed to the world class
women that can't maitain top speed over that distance.

Thirdly, no woman has ever come close to matching the 10.49 in the 100 m
either, you failed to mention that...I mean a whopping .4 seconds
difference between Flo-Jo and this year's winner....the juice paid off huh?

Quote:
> >The title of World's Fastest Human ALWAYS goes to the winner of the 100 m
> >this is because it requires the most acceleration and makes you get to
> >the highest speed as fast as possible.
> ________________________________________________________________
> Not true, BUB !!! The men also run a 50 & 60 meter race in the indoor season
> & those races require even faster acceleration than the 100 meter !!!
> ________________________________________________________________

Again with the BUB huh? Name calling gonna prove your point?

50 and 60 meter races are run because indoor tracks are not as long and a
straight away only reaches 60 meters. They are not long enough to allow
a runner to obtain his top speed, they are more for flat out come outta
the blocks and get there.
When running in the Olympics, Bailey only reached top speed at the 60-70
meter mark and then blew by the competition. (his top Speed was clocked
at just over 27 MpH whereas Johnson's was 23 MpH

(side note: Donovan bailey set the world record in the 50 and 60 m events
over this past winter....immediately followed by US broadcasters and
track commitees being so pityful as to refuse to accept the record for
weeks because the time was just too fast...he had to have had a flase
start...until the 1000000th video replay proved it was legal and they had
no choice but to accept it (the 1000000 was an exageration before you
respond to that)

Quote:
> >The ONLY reason there is even a debate here is because the Americans did
> >not place anyone in the top 3, had Dennis Mitchell won, he would have
> >been given the title hands down. The rest of the World recognizes the
> >true World's fastest human, America needs it's own hero so they improvised...
> >Had Johnson not won, it would have been up to the 400, then the 800, then
> >etc until they won one
> _________________________________________________________________

> Wrong again, BUB !! Unless of course, our 400 meter or 800 meter runner
> had the HIGHEST M.P.H. !!!! In which case they would have been the
> FASTEST MAN ALIVE !!!
> ________________________________________________________________

Sorry "Bub" But 27 MpH is higher than 23 MpH. Your point is invalid

Quote:
> >> bailey by contrast broke the 100 meter record by
> >> the smallest of margins of .01 seconds !!!!

> >.01 seconds in the 100 m is a HUGE margin
> ________________________________________________
> Wrong again !!! .01 is the SMALLEST margin that is
> possible to break a record !!!!!!!!!! By contrast
> MICHAEL"SUPERMAN"JOHNSON broke the
> 17 year old record twice by .4 of a second - a full
> 40 times what bailey broke the 100 by !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> ________________________________________________

Time to take you to school in the world of track and field apparently.
In the marathon, it is not uncommon to see the winning time be several
seconds or even a minute faster than second place. In the 800 meters, it
can reach almost a second depending on the caliber.

When you get to the 200M it drops again to about .3 or so

In the 100M .3 seconds can often be the difference between first and 8th
place. Bailey broke the world record, so he ran the fastest time in the
legal history of the event. (First what difference does it make how much
he broke it by....he BROKE it, that is the point. Second, his time was
only .3 seconds faster than last place. That says right there that .01
seconds in the race can be a huge margin. (Shorter distances generally
finished with a much smaller time variation)

Quote:
> >  MICHAEL "SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS
>     both had the highest M.P.H. of anyone in the 1996 OLYMPICS !!!

Wrong, Bailey had the highest MpH in the Olympics if you actually want to
take it there.

Point is it is a title that goes to the winner of the 100M as a matter of
tradition. Even if some yutz ran it in a time of 11 seconds due to a
strong head wind, he would be the world's fastest man (it is the title
that goes with that event)
Only reason there is even a resemblance of a debate is because USA needs
a Wheaties boy and he can't be Canadian so they have to claim Johnson as
the fastest and then qualify it by dredging up the first stat that works
for them.

Quote:
> >This is a ridiculous statement....so if the record for the marathon stood
> >for 50 years and was then broken, would that make them the world's
> >fastest human?
> That would make it a tremendous record if it stood for 50 years !!!!
> The longer a record stands, the greater the record !!!!
> MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON 200 METER RECORD
> could last for 30 years !!!!!!!! bailey's record will probably be broken
>  within a couple years !!!

That's all inconsequential, it doesn't make him the World's fastest man.
Powell broke the long jump record that had stood for nearly 30 years.
That is a long time. It doesn't make him the world's fastest human no
matter how long the record stood.

No one's saying Johnson's record is unimpressive, far from it, it was one
hell of a run. He just didn't win the event that grants the title

Quote:
> >The 100 m record goes down more often because it is a more highly
> >profiled event and being this, there is more fame and money and
> >recognition here, and thus more people run the event and thus more people
> >attempt to break the record.
> Wrong !!! It's broken more often because it's broken by the slimmest of
>  margins & no one has come along to smash the record down to say 9.66
> which would be exactly the same M.P.H. as a 19.32 in the 200 meter race !!
> While the women will take decades if EVER before the WORLD RECORD
> in the 200 meter race has a higher M.P.H. than the 100 meter; the OPPOSITE
> is true on the men's side !!!

I am not wrong. Look at any track meet in any stadium and watch. Which
event has the most competitors in it. I will bet you my last dollar right
now that it is the 100 M (As for the slimmest of margins....name me one
other person in the history of the world that has run the race (legally)
under 9.84 seconds?) The margin is so small because it is impossible to
improve it by much more than perfection

The MpH in the 200 is an average. The MpH in the 100 actually does get
higher. Just takes time to get there. Had Bailey run another 50 meters
for example, his average would have dropped even more significantly, you
obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
> >Simple fact is, only 1 man has ever covered the distance in a faster
> >time, and he is technically the true world's fastest human, but he did so
> >under the influence of illegal substances.
> ____________________________________________________________
> Wrong again !!!!!!! Even 9.79 has a slower M.P.H. than M.J'S 19.32 in the
> 200 but he's no longer a world class runner !! There is a big difference between
> a world record & the world's fastest man !!! M.J. could retire today & hold
> the 200 record for 30 years but he'd cease to be the world's fastest man !!!
> Just like FLO-JO is the fastest woman ever & may hold the M.P.H. record
> for 30 years but she is no longer THE WORLD'S FASTEST WOMAN !!!

Wrong huh? Ok name 2 men that have covered the distance faster schmuck

MJ is NOT the world's fastest human. The facts say so. If you chose to
say otherwise it is your option, I could choose to say that Michael
Jordan is the world's fastest human because he broke the long standing
record for most points in a season by a basketball player who returned to
the NBA after a year of playing pro baseball.

Doesn't mean that it is true

Quote:
> >Or Johnson could try running the 100m but he wouldn't get to eat Bailey's
> >dust.....Bailey is too fast, and the dust would settle by the time
> >Johnson caught up to the field
> >Johnson cannot run the 100 m against Bailey
> >(btw at TOP speed, bailey is moving faster than Johnson...they have it in
> >the break down of the speed vs time and speed vs distance graphs, of the
> >race)

> >I'll be the first to give credit where credit is due
> >DONOVAN BAILEY....WORLD'S FASTEST HUMAN
> >(like it or not, it is a hard and proven FACT)

I'm not ignorant in the world of track and field, I ran both events for
years (the 400 as well) and I am telling you point blank, the 100 m
generates a higher speed than the 200 even if the average time is slower

higher speed = faster

(which is faster a car that guns it like hell and stops after 40 meters
or a kid that manages to run at top speed to the starting line and beats
the car to 40 m because the car takes a second to accelerate?)

 
 
 

WORLD'S FASTEST MAN & WOMAN - MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS !!!!!!!!!!!

Post by disco.. » Thu, 19 Sep 1996 04:00:00


Quote:

>> >Here is the thing you leave out though in your American ignorance.
>> >Donovan Bailey ran his 100 m  out of a still start, whereas Johnson's
>> >second 100 m was run from a flying start....as in he was already moving
>> ____________________________________________________________

>> TRUE, BUT THE THAT LOGIC APPLIES TO THE WOMEN TOO &
>> GAIL DEVERS RAN THE 100 METER WITH A HIGHER M.P.H.
>> THAN PEREC IN THE 200 METER RACE !! SO THAT BLOWS YOUR
>> THEORY ABOUT THE "ADVANTAGE OF THE 200 HAVE A FLYING
>> START IN THE SECOND 100 METERS !! IN FACT, FLO-JO RAN A
>> 10.49 100 METER & NO FEMALE RUNNER HAS COME CLOSE IN
>> THE 200 METER IN M.P.H. FURTHER BLOWING YOUR THEORY
>> BUB !!!!!
>> _______________________________________________________________

>Firstly, the BUB comment is pityful, you are not dealing with a moron
>that rants out of ignorance.

You may not be a moron but you are dead wrong a lot !!!!!!!!

Quote:
>Secondly, Men's and women's events are separate....keep them that way.
>There is a matter of pacing involved and in Johnson's case, he was able
>to maintain his speed over the full 200m as opposed to the world class
>women that can't maitain top speed over that distance.

Secondly, the MENS' & WOMENS' events are exactly comparable, BUB !!
The men are about 10% faster than women in track events from the 100 meter
sprint to the marathon, so they are very comparable !!!!! The fact is the women
routinely run the 100 meter with a higher M.P.H. than the 200 meter despite
the fact they have a flying start after the first 100 meters, BUB !!!!!
Quote:

>Thirdly, no woman has ever come close to matching the 10.49 in the 100 m
>either, you failed to mention that...I mean a whopping .4 seconds
>difference between Flo-Jo and this year's winner....the juice paid off huh?

>I didn't mention that, but that performance of 10.49 in the 100 meter race

was almost as incredible a time as MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON'S
19.32 in the 200 meter race !!
The title of World's Fastest Human ALWAYS goes to the winner of the 100 m

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>> >this is because it requires the most acceleration and makes you get to
>> >the highest speed as fast as possible.
>> ________________________________________________________________
>> Not true, BUB !!! The men also run a 50 & 60 meter race in the indoor season
>> & those races require even faster acceleration than the 100 meter !!!
>> ________________________________________________________________

>Again with the BUB huh? Name calling gonna prove your point?
>That's your name, BUB !!
>50 and 60 meter races are run because indoor tracks are not as long and a
>straight away only reaches 60 meters. They are not long enough to allow
>a runner to obtain his top speed, they are more for flat out come outta
>the blocks and get there.
>When running in the Olympics, Bailey only reached top speed at the 60-70
>meter mark and then blew by the competition. (his top Speed was clocked
>at just over 27 MpH whereas Johnson's was 23 MpH

You're dead wrong again !!! Since MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON'S
AVERAGE SPEED WAS 23.14 M.P.H. OVER 200 METERS; THEN
OBVIOUSLY HIS TOP SPEED WAS MUCH HIGHER THAN 23 M.P.H. !!

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

>(side note: Donovan bailey set the world record in the 50 and 60 m events
>over this past winter....immediately followed by US broadcasters and
>track commitees being so pityful as to refuse to accept the record for
>weeks because the time was just too fast...he had to have had a flase
>start...until the 1000000th video replay proved it was legal and they had
>no choice but to accept it (the 1000000 was an exageration before you
>respond to that)

>> >The ONLY reason there is even a debate here is because the Americans did
>> >not place anyone in the top 3, had Dennis Mitchell won, he would have
>> >been given the title hands down. The rest of the World recognizes the
>> >true World's fastest human, America needs it's own hero so they improvised...
>> >Had Johnson not won, it would have been up to the 400, then the 800, then
>> >etc until they won one
>> _________________________________________________________________

>> Wrong again, BUB !! Unless of course, our 400 meter or 800 meter runner
>> had the HIGHEST M.P.H. !!!! In which case they would have been the
>> FASTEST MAN ALIVE !!!
>> ________________________________________________________________

>Sorry "Bub" But 27 MpH is higher than 23 MpH. Your point is invalid

SORRY, BUB, BUT AS I HAVE JUST POINTED OUT, MICHAEL"
SUPERMAN" JOHNSON'S AVERAGE SPEED WAS 23.14 M.P.H.
SOP HIS TOP SPEED WAS MUCH HIGHER !!!!!!!!

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

>> >> bailey by contrast broke the 100 meter record by
>> >> the smallest of margins of .01 seconds !!!!

>> >.01 seconds in the 100 m is a HUGE margin
>> ________________________________________________
>> Wrong again !!! .01 is the SMALLEST margin that is
>> possible to break a record !!!!!!!!!! By contrast
>> MICHAEL"SUPERMAN"JOHNSON broke the
>> 17 year old record twice by .4 of a second - a full
>> 40 times what bailey broke the 100 by !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>> ________________________________________________

>Time to take you to school in the world of track and field apparently.
>In the marathon, it is not uncommon to see the winning time be several
>seconds or even a minute faster than second place. In the 800 meters, it
>can reach almost a second depending on the caliber.

>When you get to the 200M it drops again to about .3 or so

>In the 100M .3 seconds can often be the difference between first and 8th
>place. Bailey broke the world record, so he ran the fastest time in the
>legal history of the event. (First what difference does it make how much
>he broke it by....he BROKE it, that is the point.

FIRST,
the amount one breaks a record by determines how great of a feat it is !!!
MICHAEL"SUPERMAN"JOHNSON broke the record by 40 times what
bailey did & 20 times when you take into account the 100 meter race is half
as long; a TREMENDOUS DIFFERENCE, BUB !!!!!!!!
baileys record could be broken at any time while MICHAEL"SUPERMAN"
JOHNSONS' record could last for DECADES !!!!!!!!!

 Second, his time was

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>only .3 seconds faster than last place. That says right there that .01
>seconds in the race can be a huge margin. (Shorter distances generally
>finished with a much smaller time variation)

>> >  MICHAEL "SUPERMAN" JOHNSON & GAIL DEVERS
>>     both had the highest M.P.H. of anyone in the 1996 OLYMPICS !!!

>Wrong, Bailey had the highest MpH in the Olympics if you actually want to
>take it there.

>Point is it is a title that goes to the winner of the 100M as a matter of
>tradition. Even if some yutz ran it in a time of 11 seconds due to a
>strong head wind, he would be the world's fastest man (it is the title
>that goes with that event)
>Only reason there is even a resemblance of a debate is because USA needs
>a Wheaties boy and he can't be Canadian so they have to claim Johnson as
>the fastest and then qualify it by dredging up the first stat that works
>for them.

>> >This is a ridiculous statement....so if the record for the marathon stood
>> >for 50 years and was then broken, would that make them the world's
>> >fastest human?
>> That would make it a tremendous record if it stood for 50 years !!!!
>> The longer a record stands, the greater the record !!!!
>> MICHAEL"SUPERMAN" JOHNSON 200 METER RECORD
>> could last for 30 years !!!!!!!! bailey's record will probably be broken
>>  within a couple years !!!

>That's all inconsequential, it doesn't make him the World's fastest man.
>Powell broke the long jump record that had stood for nearly 30 years.
>That is a long time. It doesn't make him the world's fastest human no
>matter how long the record stood.
>It makes it a great feat to have a record stand for 30 years !!

bailey will never set a record that will last for DECADES !!!!!!

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>No one's saying Johnson's record is unimpressive, far from it, it was one
>hell of a run. He just didn't win the event that grants the title

>> >The 100 m record goes down more often because it is a more highly
>> >profiled event and being this, there is more fame and money and
>> >recognition here, and thus more people run the event and thus more people
>> >attempt to break the record.
>> Wrong !!! It's broken more often because it's broken by the slimmest of
>>  margins & no one has come along to smash the record down to say 9.66
>> which would be exactly the same M.P.H. as a 19.32 in the 200 meter race !!
>> While the women will take decades if EVER before the WORLD RECORD
>> in the 200 meter race has a higher M.P.H. than the 100 meter; the OPPOSITE
>> is true on the men's side !!!

>I am not wrong. Look at any track meet in any stadium and watch. Which
>event has the most competitors in it. I will bet you my last dollar right
>now that it is the 100 M (As for the slimmest of margins....name me one
>other person in the history of the world that has run the race (legally)
>under 9.84 seconds?) The margin is so small because it is impossible to
>improve it by much more than perfection

There is NO SUPER RUNNER in the 100 meter race as there is in the 200
meter that can take it to a higher level, BUB !!! If someone broke the record
& took it down to 9.66 then there would be that BEAMON OR JOHNSON
OR FLO-JO type of performance !

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

>The MpH in the 200 is an average. The MpH in the 100 actually does get
>higher. Just takes time to get there. Had Bailey run another 50 meters
>for example, his average would have dropped even more significantly, you
>obviously don't know what you are talking about.

>> >Simple fact is, only 1 man has ever covered the distance in a faster
>> >time, and he is technically the true world's fastest human, but he did so
>> >under the influence of illegal substances.

...

read more »