Trade Rumour, Isles-Senators.

Trade Rumour, Isles-Senators.

Post by Adam Glov » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00


Salo/Fichaud and the Isles' first round pick (could be 1st to 3rd
overall) for Yashin and Bonk.

I can understand what the Isles would be doing here.  One of their
goaltending prospects has to go because of the likely expansion draft
next year, and in Yashin they would be filling a void left by the
departure of Turgeon.  This would not be a great trade for the Senators,
as tasty as the prospect of having 2 of the top 3 picks sounds (they
could have both Berard *and* Redden on their blue line in front of a
blue-chip goaltending prospect), they would be nuts to give up their only
good scorer, and writing off Bonk this early in his career could also be
a mistake.

Whaddya think?

!1955! 1955! 1955! 1955! 1955! GO DEVILS GO! 1955! 1955! 1955! 1955! 1955!

!               If I had a million rocket launchers some                 !
!               son of a *** would buy you an *** pet.              !
!1955! 1955! 1955!  LEMIEUX FOR SMYTHE!   LEAFS IN '96!  1955! 1955! 1955!

 
 
 

Trade Rumour, Isles-Senators.

Post by darr.. » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

|>
|> Salo/Fichaud and the Isles' first round pick (could be 1st to 3rd
|> overall) for Yashin and Bonk.

Ha ha, dream on. Fichaud may prove to be a great goalie someday but right now
goalie prospects are so plentiful they've become very cheap, hence the
reason the Isles got Fichaud for an overage bum. To think you could get
one of the best players in the world and possibly a very good power forward
too is a joke.

The team has insisted it will never trade Yashin, and they better stick to
that promise because he is extremely talented. They just need a winger for him
and personally I like a certain free agent from the Isles who wouldn't cost
any cmpensation if I remember correctly.
--
Darren Boucher

http://www.ug.cs.dal.ca/~boucher/boucher.html

 
 
 

Trade Rumour, Isles-Senators.

Post by Jamie LaBra » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

> Salo/Fichaud and the Isles' first round pick (could be 1st to 3rd
> overall) for Yashin and Bonk.
> I can understand what the Isles would be doing here.  One of their
> goaltending prospects has to go because of the likely expansion draft
> next year, and in Yashin they would be filling a void left by the
> departure of Turgeon.  This would not be a great trade for the Senators,
> as tasty as the prospect of having 2 of the top 3 picks sounds (they
> could have both Berard *and* Redden on their blue line in front of a
> blue-chip goaltending prospect), they would be nuts to give up their only
> good scorer, and writing off Bonk this early in his career could also be
> a mistake.
> Whaddya think?

I think that the rumour was probably Bonk OR Yashin not Bonk and
Yashin.  Otherwise, this has to be one of the ludricrous rumours I have
ever heard.

        /==============Jamie LaBrash===============\
        |    "Man, I want to work with this guy!"  |
        |       -Rocco Rock, referring to me!      |

     |     "You think I've got my eyes closed but     |
     |      but I've been looking at you the whole    |        
     |      ***ing time"     - E. Vedder             |
     \========http://SportToday.org/~jlabrash=======/

 
 
 

Trade Rumour, Isles-Senators.

Post by Adam Glov » Sat, 03 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:


>> Salo/Fichaud and the Isles' first round pick (could be 1st to 3rd
>> overall) for Yashin and Bonk.

>I think that the rumour was probably Bonk OR Yashin not Bonk and
>Yashin.  Otherwise, this has to be one of the ludricrous rumours I have
>ever heard.

Why the hell would the Isles trade all that just for Bonk?!  If they
actually make that offer it could be a major steal for the Sens unless
Bonk turns around big time.  Now straight up for Yashin, this would
be tempting for the Sens but they still probably shouldn't do it.
Bonk is expendable, Yashin is definitely not unless the Sens get
a similar offensive star in return.

!1955! 1955! 1955! 1955! 1955! GO DEVILS GO! 1955! 1955! 1955! 1955! 1955!

!               If I had a million rocket launchers some                 !
!               son of a *** would buy you an *** pet.              !
!1955! 1955! 1955!  LEMIEUX FOR SMYTHE!   LEAFS IN '96!  1955! 1955! 1955!

 
 
 

Trade Rumour, Isles-Senators.

Post by Andrew H Gord » Fri, 09 Jun 1995 04:00:00



Quote:

>The team has insisted it will never trade Yashin, and they better stick to
>that promise because he is extremely talented. They just need a winger for him
>and personally I like a certain free agent from the Isles who wouldn't cost
>any cmpensation if I remember correctly.

If you're thinking about Steve Thomas, dream on.  He's restricted, in that the
Isles have the right-to-match whatever offer he gets.

--
-------------------------------*Go NY Isles!*--------------------------------

M.S. Candidate in Bioengineering                     University of Pittsburgh
*NY Isles Rule #1:  "Thou shalt lose to expansion teams whenever possible."*

 
 
 

Trade Rumour, Isles-Senators.

Post by Darren Bouch » Fri, 09 Jun 1995 04:00:00




|> >
|>
|> >The team has insisted it will never trade Yashin, and they better stick to
|> >that promise because he is extremely talented. They just need a winger for him
|> >and personally I like a certain free agent from the Isles who wouldn't cost
|> >any cmpensation if I remember correctly.
|>
|> If you're thinking about Steve Thomas, dream on.  He's restricted, in that the
|> Isles have the right-to-match whatever offer he gets.

And your point is? So was Al MacInnis and many other players that went to
other teams. The owning team still has to be willing to match.
--
Darren Boucher

http://www.ug.cs.dal.ca/~boucher/boucher.html