J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

Post by Hilary Spurlin » Mon, 20 Apr 1998 04:00:00


Yet another fine, fine referring performance from Mr J Conolly .......

Tuuta carries out two cynical high tackles and nothing happens to him
.....

The first was blatant intentional *** on scrum half Glen Air .......
even though Air is seriously injured and has to be escorted from the pitch
Mr Conolly does not see fit to penalise Tuuta other than to award the
Broncos a penalty ......

The second is an equally intentional but happilly less serious attack on
Mark Carrol ... Mr Connolly has obviously had enough and stamps his
authority on the game by placing Tuuta on report ......... as fine a
display of lack of m***courage as I have ever seen.

His officiating was of a standard that was totally unacceptable to any fan
of the game.

It was very, very poor indeed.

The most depressing thing about the whole thing  being the fact that it is
unlikely that anything will be done about it.

Vince Morgan

 
 
 

J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

Post by John Hull » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Add to this a distinctly inequitable refereeing of the play the ball, and a
return to the five metre rule for the Warrington defence at least and
Connelly's performance should get some serious attention.

The first tackle on Air was a disgrace,  and Tuuta should have walked then.
Instead he's allowed a second deliberate shot, then a few blows on the back
of the neck, and he's still around for the Warrington try.

Sadly Connelly himself must have been the video referee to disallow
Matterson's try.

As for the Broncos, I thought Carroll had a great match, and Young did a lot
of defence ( if a long way from the ruck). Timu worked hard. Tullett is
getting back into it.

But Matterson at dummy half is so sloooooooowwwww, and the bloke who played
at full-back hadn't a clue where he should be. Nick Mardon is better there.

John

Quote:

>Yet another fine, fine referring performance from Mr J Conolly .......

>Tuuta carries out two cynical high tackles and nothing happens to him


 
 
 

J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

Post by stev » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00



Quote:
>Yet another fine, fine referring performance from Mr J Conolly .......

>Tuuta carries out two cynical high tackles and nothing happens to him
>.....

>The first was blatant intentional *** on scrum half Glen Air .......
>even though Air is seriously injured and has to be escorted from the pitch
>Mr Conolly does not see fit to penalise Tuuta other than to award the
>Broncos a penalty ......

>The second is an equally intentional but happilly less serious attack on
>Mark Carrol ... Mr Connolly has obviously had enough and stamps his
>authority on the game by placing Tuuta on report ......... as fine a
>display of lack of m***courage as I have ever seen.

The tackle following being put on report Brendan was attacking the head
of Carroll again. I've always liked the committment of Tutta but it is
up to the ref to draw the line and say enough's enough.

Quote:
>His officiating was of a standard that was totally unacceptable to any fan
>of the game.

>It was very, very poor indeed.

>The most depressing thing about the whole thing  being the fact that it is
>unlikely that anything will be done about it.

>Vince Morgan

--
steve

 
 
 

J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

Post by stev » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00


al.pipex.comclean> writes

Quote:
>Add to this a distinctly inequitable refereeing of the play the ball, and a
>return to the five metre rule for the Warrington defence at least and
>Connelly's performance should get some serious attention.

>The first tackle on Air was a disgrace,  and Tuuta should have walked then.
>Instead he's allowed a second deliberate shot, then a few blows on the back
>of the neck, and he's still around for the Warrington try.

>Sadly Connelly himself must have been the video referee to disallow
>Matterson's try.

>As for the Broncos, I thought Carroll had a great match, and Young did a lot
>of defence ( if a long way from the ruck). Timu worked hard. Tullett is
>getting back into it.

>But Matterson at dummy half is so sloooooooowwwww, and the bloke who played
>at full-back hadn't a clue where he should be. Nick Mardon is better there.

>John

>>Yet another fine, fine referring performance from Mr J Conolly .......

>>Tuuta carries out two cynical high tackles and nothing happens to him

Where is Mardon, he is one of our better players every time he plays
then misses a match, was he injured or what?

--
steve

 
 
 

J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

Post by David Cov » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> Yet another fine, fine referring performance from Mr J Conolly .......

> Tuuta carries out two cynical high tackles and nothing happens to him
> .....

        I think the easiest thing would be to send Tuuta off as the
teasm come on the field.  Or pay him to stay away.   Dunno.  The guy seems to be an out and out
thug...

Le Jessie du Sud

 
 
 

J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

Post by John Hull » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

You're right, he is. But referees seem to have an odd attitude to him, like
he's a *** but loveable child. "Oh, it's only Brendan.  He does that now
and again. Just carry on, boys"

John

Quote:

> I think the easiest thing would be to send Tuuta off as the
>teasm come on the field.  Or pay him to stay away.   Dunno.  The guy seems

to be an out and out
Quote:
>thug...

>Le Jessie du Sud

 
 
 

J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

Post by John Hull » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I think he must have been. I can't see why he should be out of favour. I
think he would develop well with a lengthy run in the side.

John

Quote:

>Where is Mardon, he is one of our better players every time he plays
>then misses a match, was he injured or what?

>--
>steve

 
 
 

J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

Post by Dave Johns » Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:00:00



Quote:

>> Yet another fine, fine referring performance from Mr J Conolly .......

>> Tuuta carries out two cynical high tackles and nothing happens to him
>> .....

>    I think the easiest thing would be to send Tuuta off as the
>teasm come on the field.  Or pay him to stay away.   Dunno.  The guy seems to be an out and out
>thug...

>Le Jessie du Sud

Talk about the Pot calling the Kettle!!!!!
Peter Gill did a pretty good impression of a head hunter at central
park on Sunday eve. and on a number of occasions that I have seen
London play.
It never ceases to amaze me how it's always the other teams players
that are thugs...Tuuta is a loon....but no worse than players in any
other teams.Every team has one.

Dave ,
Warrington

 
 
 

J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

Post by Vibrating Bum-Faced Goa » Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:00:00


: >  I think the easiest thing would be to send Tuuta off as the
: >teasm come on the field.  Or pay him to stay away.   Dunno.  The guy seems to be an out and out
: >thug...

<SNIP>

: It never ceases to amaze me how it's always the other teams players
: that are thugs...Tuuta is a loon....but no worse than players in any
: other teams.Every team has one.

Bradford don't. They've all got such innocent faces.

--


University of Bradford     | Rugby League gubbins:
Tel: +44 1274 385463       | http://www.rugbyleagueexpress.co.uk/

 
 
 

J Conolly ....... Best Inept Performance ... so far ....

Post by stev » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00



Quote:



>>> Yet another fine, fine referring performance from Mr J Conolly .......

>>> Tuuta carries out two cynical high tackles and nothing happens to him
>>> .....

>>      I think the easiest thing would be to send Tuuta off as the
>>teasm come on the field.  Or pay him to stay away.   Dunno.  The guy seems to
>be an out and out
>>thug...

>>Le Jessie du Sud

>Talk about the Pot calling the Kettle!!!!!
>Peter Gill did a pretty good impression of a head hunter at central
>park on Sunday eve. and on a number of occasions that I have seen
>London play.
>It never ceases to amaze me how it's always the other teams players
>that are thugs...Tuuta is a loon....but no worse than players in any
>other teams.Every team has one.

>Dave ,
>Warrington

What Gilly high tackle you must be mad!!!

BTW I actually rate Tuuta but he was out of order

--
steve