Wigan v Bath RESULT

Wigan v Bath RESULT

Post by Stephen M » Thu, 09 May 1996 04:00:00


Wigan 82 Bath 6

Half time 52-0

This is all from memory so I might have got a few things wrong ( I've had
a few pints too )

Offiah scored 6 tries,  Jon Callard scored Baths try and converted it.  
Martin Hall missed a lot of goals.

Att:  20000 and a bit

I've just finished a bit of post match pub discussion and the general
feeling was that Bath did okay.  They were dreadful in the first half,
but they came out strongly in the second.  Mind you I felt that Wigan
eased up quite a bit after half time.  Bath were allowed unlimited
substitutes in the second half, and they seemed to make the most of it,
but they looked well knackered towards the end.  I think that Wigan could
have scored a lot more but I think they weren't too serious in the second
half.  

I think that Bath will have learnt quite a bit about running rugby
tonight, but I was impressed with some a the kick-chases Bath produced
which put Wigan under pressure in the second half, so maybe they'll have
something to think about too.

Overall, all we've learnt is that Wigan are a damn sight better than Bath
at Rugby League.  I think we'll find out pretty soon that Bath are a damn
sight better than Wigan at Rugby Union.  Perhaps then we can all be happy.

This is a ***y good bit of typing considering the booze I've had :)

Cheers

Stephen

 
 
 

Wigan v Bath RESULT

Post by Dave Fish » Fri, 10 May 1996 04:00:00


Quote:
>I was impressed with some a the kick-chases Bath produced
>which put Wigan under pressure in the second half,

Me too

Quote:
>Overall, all we've learnt is that Wigan are a damn sight better than Bath
>at Rugby League.  I think we'll find out pretty soon that Bath are a damn
>sight better than Wigan at Rugby Union.  Perhaps then we can all be happy.

Sorry Stephen, I think you're going to be disappointed. I can't see any UK+I
team beating Wigan in the 7s, and I'm fairly sure they'll run Bath (unintended
pun) much closer than last night's score in the 15 man game.

I was tempted to bet on the remote possibility of a Wigan win on the 25th,
but I guess the odds will have just become too short this a.m.

Dave  

 
 
 

Wigan v Bath RESULT

Post by Jonathan Ros » Fri, 10 May 1996 04:00:00



Quote:

>>I was impressed with some a the kick-chases Bath produced
>>which put Wigan under pressure in the second half,

>Me too

>>Overall, all we've learnt is that Wigan are a damn sight better than Bath
>>at Rugby League.  I think we'll find out pretty soon that Bath are a damn
>>sight better than Wigan at Rugby Union.  Perhaps then we can all be happy.

>Sorry Stephen, I think you're going to be disappointed. I can't see any UK+I
>team beating Wigan in the 7s, and I'm fairly sure they'll run Bath (unintended
>pun) much closer than last night's score in the 15 man game.

>I was tempted to bet on the remote possibility of a Wigan win on the 25th,
>but I guess the odds will have just become too short this a.m.

>Dave  

The odds were only 2:1 to win the union before the first game, I took
them though.
Bath, however, were at 10:1 to win the league game.
Someone appreciates the skill of league, if only the bookies.
--
Jonathan Ross