Tallis Warned

Tallis Warned

Post by Paul McNal » Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:00:00


Well, old "Gordy" got away with a warning.

Apparently some Brisbane pathogist saw it on telly and complained to
the RL saying the attack could've fatal...

Obviously a boxing fan!

I can't believe he got a slapped wrist when that Oldham guy got three
for alleged biting. Fair enough if he did it I'd have given him more
but...

a) The ref didn't see it
b) The Oldham guy strongly denies it
c) the video doesn't show it
d) The Aussie player said "I didn't see him do it but he was the only
Oldham bloke around.

Pretty naff disciplinary I think.

Paul

 
 
 

Tallis Warned

Post by WiganRLf » Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:00:00


Quote:
(Paul McNally) writes:
>d) The Aussie player said "I didn't see him do it but he was the only
>Oldham bloke around.

Probabaly bit himself and forgot about doing it.

Dave

Wigan RLFC - Simply THE Best.

 
 
 

Tallis Warned

Post by Paul McNal » Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:00:00


Quote:

>(Paul McNally) writes:

>>d) The Aussie player said "I didn't see him do it but he was the only
>>Oldham bloke around.

>Probabaly bit himself and forgot about doing it.

>Dave

>Wigan RLFC - Simply THE Best.

That's it isn't it...

If there's only one bloke around I'd be fairly confident of seeing him
bite me....There'd also be the moment when I felt his teeth clamp into
my arm, look, recognise that he was biting me and start punching him
in the face rather hard.

As opposed to wondering where those teeth marks came from....

Mind you Davidson's story is similary weak. "I probably had my mouth
open in the tackle and his arm might have hit my teeth but I can
catagorically state I did not clench" His teeth presumably.

I mean if he bit him he's the scum of the earth but by Aussie
standards he should only have received a penalty and a letter of
commendation in his favour if Tallis is anything to go by.

Never trust a man with hair like that! Especially when everybody calls
him Gordy.

 
 
 

Tallis Warned

Post by Piema » Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:00:00



Quote:
> Well, old "Gordy" got away with a warning.

> Apparently some Brisbane pathogist saw it on telly and complained to
> the RL saying the attack could've fatal...

> Obviously a boxing fan!

> I can't believe he got a slapped wrist when that Oldham guy got three
> for alleged biting. Fair enough if he did it I'd have given him more
> but...

> a) The ref didn't see it
> b) The Oldham guy strongly denies it
> c) the video doesn't show it
> d) The Aussie player said "I didn't see him do it but he was the only
> Oldham bloke around.

> Pretty naff disciplinary I think.

> Paul
> Its ***y obvious to me the Aussies are looking after there own. Pity

our panel doesn't do the same.
Surely they should of  banned Antony Swann for at least 4 and set some sort
of precedence, for blatant attacks.
 If that had been a Brit I doubt he's of got away with anything less than
3-4 games. I may be wrong but are the two panels a Brit one here and one
full of ex cons down under. Surely it would be more sensible if they were
mixed panels. Although the Aussie members would probably fight the Euro's
any way.

--
PIEMAN
http://freespace.***.net/evans.g/pieman
"A man without a woman, is like a neck without a pain"