Shorts..

Shorts..

Post by Steve Bec » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Reading one of those sport question thingies to a national daily made
me grin..      
Q.why do rugby shorts have pockets?    
A. League shorts don't but Union shorts do ...cos these guys are
   expecting to handle the ball less!!

Time for pocket pool eh?

 
 
 

Shorts..

Post by Paul Matthe » Wed, 19 Mar 1997 04:00:00



Quote:
>Reading one of those sport question thingies to a national daily made
>me grin..  
>Q.why do rugby shorts have pockets?
>A. League shorts don't but Union shorts do ...cos these guys are
>   expecting to handle the ball less!!

I used mine for putting my gumshield in during half time - we don't get to
leave the pitch, just a quick huddle, slice of orange then away we go.

I've never tasted oranges as good as those you get at half time.

Paul Matthews
http://www.triton.u-net.com


 
 
 

Shorts..

Post by Paul Matthe » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:24:23 +0000, Steve Morris

Quote:

>What do the pros get?

Someone to hold the slice of Orange while they Bite it in that Mach manner?

Paul Matthews
http://www.triton.u-net.com


 
 
 

Shorts..

Post by Steve Morri » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00



Quote:


>>Reading one of those sport question thingies to a national daily made
>>me grin..    
>>Q.why do rugby shorts have pockets?  
>>A. League shorts don't but Union shorts do ...cos these guys are
>>   expecting to handle the ball less!!

>I used mine for putting my gumshield in during half time - we don't get to
>leave the pitch, just a quick huddle, slice of orange then away we go.

>I've never tasted oranges as good as those you get at half time.

Tend to get oranges less and less at half time now, I only play now and
again but it seems to me that we get just a couple of bottle of water to
suck on during the break. the other thing about half time oranges is the
way players eat them in that macho way. Bite them all the way down to
the skin, pith an all then chuck the peel at the sub who brought them
on. I've never eaten an orange segment in the same way outside of a half
time interval.  

What do the pros get?
--
Steve Morris

 
 
 

Shorts..

Post by Steve Morri » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00



Quote:
>On Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:24:23 +0000, Steve Morris

>>What do the pros get?
>Someone to hold the slice of Orange while they Bite it in that Mach manner?

>Paul Matthews
>http://www.triton.u-net.com


:->

Bobby can I be your orange boy?
--
Steve Morris

 
 
 

Shorts..

Post by Mugwu » Thu, 20 Mar 1997 04:00:00


Quote:

>On Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:24:23 +0000, Steve Morris

>>What do the pros get?
>Someone to hold the slice of Orange while they Bite it in that Mach manner?

As long as they don't bite Billy McGinty's pineapple ring :-)

Mugwump.

Quote:
>Paul Matthews
>http://www.triton.u-net.com


    !!    |-------------------------------------------|    !!

   !!!!   |        --iNTERzONE iNcORpOrATED---        |   !!!!
  /    \  |-------------------------------------------|  /    \
 ( O||O ) |"I think it's time for you boys to share my| ( O||O )
 (  /\  ) |last taste of the true black meat - flesh  | (  /\  )
  (/##\)  |of the giant aquatic Brazilian Centipede"  |  (/##\)
 
 
 

Shorts..

Post by Steve Morri » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00



Quote:

>Matthews) says:

>>On Wed, 19 Mar 1997 13:24:23 +0000, Steve Morris

>>>What do the pros get?
>>Someone to hold the slice of Orange while they Bite it in that Mach manner?

>As long as they don't bite Billy McGinty's pineapple ring :-)

>Mugwump.

No but I'll do his goat

--
Steve Morris

 
 
 

Shorts..

Post by Steve Bec » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:





> >>Reading one of those sport question thingies to a national daily made
> >>me grin..    
> >>Q.why do rugby shorts have pockets?  
> >>A. League shorts don't but Union shorts do ...cos these guys are
> >>   expecting to handle the ball less!!

> >I used mine for putting my gumshield in during half time - we don't get to
> >leave the pitch, just a quick huddle, slice of orange then away we go.

> >I've never tasted oranges as good as those you get at half time.

> Tend to get oranges less and less at half time now, I only play now and
> again but it seems to me that we get just a couple of bottle of water to
> suck on during the break. the other thing about half time oranges is the
> way players eat them in that macho way. Bite them all the way down to
> the skin, pith an all then chuck the peel at the sub who brought them
> on. I've never eaten an orange segment in the same way outside of a half
> time interval.  

> What do the pros get?
> --
> Steve Morris

The Bulls would relish a large helping of DUCK with theirs ...;)
 
 
 

Shorts..

Post by G R J Davie » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:



> >Reading one of those sport question thingies to a national daily made
> >me grin..
> >Q.why do rugby shorts have pockets?
> >A. League shorts don't but Union shorts do ...cos these guys are
> >   expecting to handle the ball less!!

> I used mine for putting my gumshield in during half time - we don't get to
> leave the pitch, just a quick huddle, slice of orange then away we go.

> I've never tasted oranges as good as those you get at half time.

> Paul Matthews
> http://www.triton.u-net.com


Playing for A lower level side like I do, (we're crap, we're old, we're
going very bald), I use mine for my gumshield when I can't get my
breath. I also once used them for a piece of my bridgework which fell
out after being punched playing against an Oldham side years ago. Great
idea, except someone smashed the bridgework with a tackle and I got a
cut on my thigh that looked, (to my ex-wife at least), remarkably like a
love bite...

gareth davies, FOP

 
 
 

Shorts..

Post by Paul Matthe » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

On Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:01:09 +0000, G R J Davies

Quote:

>Playing for A lower level side like I do, (we're crap, we're old, we're
>going very bald), I use mine for my gumshield when I can't get my
>breath.

Yeah, that as well, but I'm not as honest as you :-) who do you play for?

Paul Matthews
http://www.triton.u-net.com