Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Lloyd Barkha » Thu, 24 Aug 2006 18:11:24


As I'm off to Canada and Alaska  for 3 weeks this Saturday with my dear lady
wife in an early celebration of our Silver Wedding Anniversary in November
I'd better get my tips in now. Will I still be in the top 6 when I get back
or will I overtake Jeff for the hubcap? Time will tell.

Round 26

Fri  Leeds v Warrington              Leeds by 12
Fri  Saints v Wakefield                Saints by 36
Fri  Wigan v Bradford                 Bulls by 12
Sat  Cas v Harlequins                  Harlequins by 12
Sun  Huddersfield v Salford         Salford by 12
Sun  Hull v Les Catalans              Hull by 24

Round 27

Fri  Bradford v Wakefield            Bulls by 12
Fri  Salford v Castleford               Salford by 18
Fri  Saints v Leeds                        Saints by 18
Sat Les Catalans v Huddersfield    Giants by 12
Sun  Harlequins v Wigan                Wigan by 12
Sun  Warrington v Hull                   Warrington by 12

Round 28

Fri  Leeds v Les Catalans                Leeds by 18
Fri  Wigan v Hull                             Wigan by 12
Sat  Harlequins v Salford                  Salford by 12
Sun  Huddersfield v Bradford           Bulls by 18
Sun  Wakefield v Castleford             Wakefield by 12
Sun Warrington v Saints                    Saints by 18

That would relegate Cas if I'm right and top 6 would be:

1. Saints
2. Hull
3. Leeds
4. Bulls
5. Salford
6. Warrington

Will be back for play-offs.

Good luck to all!!

Lloyd

 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Jeff » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 00:33:27

My tips for the next 3 rounds.

Round 26
--------------
Fri  Leeds v Warrington              Leeds by 12
Fri  Saints v Wakefield                Saints by 36
Fri  Wigan v Bradford                 Bulls by 12
Sat  Cas v Harlequins                  Harlequins by 12
Sun  Huddersfield v Salford         Salford by 12
Sun  Hull v Les Catalans              Hull by 24

Round 27
-------------
Fri  Bradford v Wakefield            Bulls by 12
Fri  Salford v Castleford               Salford by 18
Fri  Saints v Leeds                        Saints by 18
Sat Les Catalans v Huddersfield    Giants by 12
Sun  Harlequins v Wigan                Wigan by 12
Sun  Warrington v Hull                   Warrington by 12

Round 28
-------------
Fri  Leeds v Les Catalans                Leeds by 18
Fri  Wigan v Hull                             Wigan by 12
Sat  Harlequins v Salford                  Salford by 12
Sun  Huddersfield v Bradford           Bulls by 18
Sun  Wakefield v Castleford             Wakefield by 12
Sun Warrington v Saints                    Saints by 18

Cheers,
Jeff.

 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Lloyd Barkha » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:18:45


Quote:
> My tips for the next 3 rounds.

> Round 26
> --------------
> Fri  Leeds v Warrington              Leeds by 12
> Fri  Saints v Wakefield                Saints by 36
> Fri  Wigan v Bradford                 Bulls by 12
> Sat  Cas v Harlequins                  Harlequins by 12
> Sun  Huddersfield v Salford         Salford by 12
> Sun  Hull v Les Catalans              Hull by 24

> Round 27
> -------------
> Fri  Bradford v Wakefield            Bulls by 12
> Fri  Salford v Castleford               Salford by 18
> Fri  Saints v Leeds                        Saints by 18
> Sat Les Catalans v Huddersfield    Giants by 12
> Sun  Harlequins v Wigan                Wigan by 12
> Sun  Warrington v Hull                   Warrington by 12

> Round 28
> -------------
> Fri  Leeds v Les Catalans                Leeds by 18
> Fri  Wigan v Hull                             Wigan by 12
> Sat  Harlequins v Salford                  Salford by 12
> Sun  Huddersfield v Bradford           Bulls by 18
> Sun  Wakefield v Castleford             Wakefield by 12
> Sun Warrington v Saints                    Saints by 18

Clever, very clever, Jeff!!

Lloyd

 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Gordon Murra » Fri, 25 Aug 2006 16:13:09


Quote:

> Clever, very clever, Jeff!!

> Lloyd

<....consults Rule Book...>
 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Lloyd Barkha » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:56:35


Quote:



>> Clever, very clever, Jeff!!

>> Lloyd

> <....consults Rule Book...>

Gordon,

I might change my tips and e-mail them before I go!!

Lloyd

 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Jeff » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:50:41


Quote:





>>> Clever, very clever, Jeff!!

>>> Lloyd

>> <....consults Rule Book...>

> Gordon,

> I might change my tips and e-mail them before I go!!

> Lloyd

CHOMP!

I knew my post would wind you up  :-)

You may rest assured that the current *Tipping Comp Champion* (that's me
BTW) will be submitting my very own tips for the remaining rounds in due
course and will not resort to cheating... unlike the current Super League
champions (Bulls), or Saints, or Hull, or Wigan.

Have a good holiday.

Cheers,
Jeff.

 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Lloyd Barkha » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:57:08


Quote:





> >>> Clever, very clever, Jeff!!

> >>> Lloyd

> >> <....consults Rule Book...>

> > Gordon,

> > I might change my tips and e-mail them before I go!!

> > Lloyd

> CHOMP!

> I knew my post would wind you up  :-)

> You may rest assured that the current *Tipping Comp Champion* (that's me
> BTW) will be submitting my very own tips for the remaining rounds in due
> course and will not resort to cheating... unlike the current Super League
> champions (Bulls), or Saints, or Hull, or Wigan.

> Have a good holiday.

Don't worry, I wasn't wound up. After all these years I know exactly how
your mind works, Jeff. As does Gordon with his post!! :-)

We had already decided that you would be submitting your own tips in due
course and I had already said to Gordon that I wouldn't be changing mine.

Thanks for the good wishes. I shall have a wonderful time.

Gordon - is it possible to e-mail me the final results post each week as I'm
sure I will be able to find somewhere to log on in the wilds.

Lloyd

 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Gordon Murra » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 20:34:05


Quote:








>> >>> Clever, very clever, Jeff!!

>> >>> Lloyd

>> >> <....consults Rule Book...>

>> > Gordon,

>> > I might change my tips and e-mail them before I go!!

>> > Lloyd

>> CHOMP!

>> I knew my post would wind you up  :-)

>> You may rest assured that the current *Tipping Comp Champion* (that's me
>> BTW) will be submitting my very own tips for the remaining rounds in due
>> course and will not resort to cheating... unlike the current Super League
>> champions (Bulls), or Saints, or Hull, or Wigan.

>> Have a good holiday.

> Don't worry, I wasn't wound up. After all these years I know exactly how
> your mind works, Jeff. As does Gordon with his post!! :-)

> We had already decided that you would be submitting your own tips in due
> course and I had already said to Gordon that I wouldn't be changing mine.

> Thanks for the good wishes. I shall have a wonderful time.

> Gordon - is it possible to e-mail me the final results post each week as
> I'm
> sure I will be able to find somewhere to log on in the wilds.

> Lloyd

No problem, Lloyd!.....usual address?
 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Wirral Sain » Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:40:11

I thought with all this controversy Gordon, you might have needed to
blow a few cobwebs off the old Tipping League Rule Book. The same rule
book that includes forgotten rules on things like ball tampering.

Glad we didn't need to resort to an authoritarian solution. Just want
to say though Saints for the Cup!!! We'll try tomorrow Jeff not to
cheat too!!

 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Jeff » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:08:30


Quote:

> I thought with all this controversy Gordon, you might have needed to
> blow a few cobwebs off the old Tipping League Rule Book. The same rule
> book that includes forgotten rules on things like ball tampering.

> Glad we didn't need to resort to an authoritarian solution. Just want
> to say though Saints for the Cup!!! We'll try tomorrow Jeff not to
> cheat too!!

On the topic of cheating, where were your tips posted for Round 25?

;-)

Cheers,
Jeff.

 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Gordon Murra » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 00:30:04


Quote:

>> I thought with all this controversy Gordon, you might have needed to
>> blow a few cobwebs off the old Tipping League Rule Book. The same rule
>> book that includes forgotten rules on things like ball tampering.

>> Glad we didn't need to resort to an authoritarian solution. Just want
>> to say though Saints for the Cup!!! We'll try tomorrow Jeff not to
>> cheat too!!

> On the topic of cheating, where were your tips posted for Round 25?

> ;-)

> Cheers,
> Jeff.

Oy!

Out of order, Jeff!

Mr W. Saints` tips were in my inbox, having lain there for over a week
while WS recuperated on a holiday, having minded the shop for me
the week before

And I, er, um forgot to post them

Consider me well and truly self-kicked-up-the-jacksy

:-(

(But.....they WERE genuine, I can assure you)

 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Wirral Sain » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 02:39:57

I even had to change my tip for the Catalan game when I saw the team
selected. For the first time this season I tipped against Saints and
but for the last 30 seconds nearly lived to regret it Jeff.
 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Wirral Sain » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 02:41:57

PS I like your concern for fair play Jeff. It shows you take my
challenge seriously!! :-)
 
 
 

Tipping - Rounds 26,27 & 28

Post by Easygoing Dav » Sun, 27 Aug 2006 14:00:21

 Round 26

Fri  Leeds v Warrington              Leeds by 6
Fri  Saints v Wakefield                Saints by 44
Fri  Wigan v Bradford                 Wigan by 12
Sat  Cas v Harlequins                  Harlequins by 12
Sun  Huddersfield v Salford         Salford by 12
Sun  Hull v Les Catalans              Hull by 12

 Round 27

Fri  Bradford v Wakefield            Bulls by 12
Fri  Salford v Castleford               Salford by 12
Fri  Saints v Leeds                        Saints by 24
Sat Les Catalans v Huddersfield    Hudds by 12
Sun  Harlequins v Wigan                Wigan by 12
Sun  Warrington v Hull                   Warrington by 12

 Round 28

Fri  Leeds v Les Catalans                Leeds by 12
Fri  Wigan v Hull                             Hull by 12
Sat  Harlequins v Salford                  Quins by 12
Sun  Huddersfield v Bradford           Hudds by 12
Sun  Wakefield v Castleford             Wakefield by 12
Sun Warrington v Saints                    Saints by 24