Funding For London Internet Site!!!!!!!

Funding For London Internet Site!!!!!!!

Post by stev » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00


It has been reported that the London Rugby League Forum's (The Home of
Rugby League Down South - http://www.koppanet.com/broncos) application
for funding has been granted. The joint package of European, Regional
and Sports Development grants totalling 417,000 will be supplemented by
an interest free loan of 750,000.

An EU spokesperson described the project as "ground breaking" and hoped
the project would "give a much wider audience opportunites to watch and
participate in sports in London"

When asked about the funding, the site designers and maintainers said
"this presents a great opportunity for RL and sport in London....we will
be be taking the sport to a whole new audience because of this grant"

On the subject of future plans they added
 "our first job is to gather a bit more intelligence about what is
happening in the Internet community worldwide so our first task will be
to spend four weeks in the winter looking at how the Internet is used in
Australia and New Zealand to promote better access to sport".

(taken from the EU Press Release Site)

 
 
 

Funding For London Internet Site!!!!!!!

Post by Andy La » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

 Why should this only apply to London, Rugby League Down South  should
include Berkshire, Hampshire, Devon etc. The south does not stop at London,
in fact London is up North for me :-)

Andy Law

Quote:

>It has been reported that the London Rugby League Forum's (The Home of
>Rugby League Down South - http://www.koppanet.com/broncos) application
>for funding has been granted. The joint package of European, Regional
>and Sports Development grants totalling 417,000 will be supplemented by
>an interest free loan of 750,000.

>An EU spokesperson described the project as "ground breaking" and hoped
>the project would "give a much wider audience opportunites to watch and
>participate in sports in London"

>When asked about the funding, the site designers and maintainers said
>"this presents a great opportunity for RL and sport in London....we will
>be be taking the sport to a whole new audience because of this grant"

>On the subject of future plans they added
> "our first job is to gather a bit more intelligence about what is
>happening in the Internet community worldwide so our first task will be
>to spend four weeks in the winter looking at how the Internet is used in
>Australia and New Zealand to promote better access to sport".

>(taken from the EU Press Release Site)


 
 
 

Funding For London Internet Site!!!!!!!

Post by stev » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00



Quote:
> Why should this only apply to London, Rugby League Down South  should
>include Berkshire, Hampshire, Devon etc. The south does not stop at London,
>in fact London is up North for me :-)

>Andy Law


I belive the funding will cover work across the whole south
--
steve

 
 
 

Funding For London Internet Site!!!!!!!

Post by Vibrating Bum-Faced Goa » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

: It has been reported that the London Rugby League Forum's (The Home of
: Rugby League Down South - http://www.koppanet.com/broncos) application
: for funding has been granted. The joint package of European, Regional
: and Sports Development grants totalling 417,000 will be supplemented by
: an interest free loan of 750,000.

Excellent news, Steve. Presumably you'll be getting the cash annually on
February 29th?

I once, many moons ago when r.s.r.l and r.s.r.u were just r.s.r, posted
an April Fool's message about Wembley being abandoned as a venue for the
Final and Twickenham or Murrayfield being used instead.

Not quite so odd now. :^)

--
Chris           | Computer Officer
Russell's       | Computer Centre
Five            | University of Bradford
Line            | Failure is not an option,
sig             | it's a feature of the product.

 
 
 

Funding For London Internet Site!!!!!!!

Post by stev » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00



Quote:

>: It has been reported that the London Rugby League Forum's (The Home of
>: Rugby League Down South - http://www.koppanet.com/broncos) application
>: for funding has been granted. The joint package of European, Regional
>: and Sports Development grants totalling 417,000 will be supplemented by
>: an interest free loan of 750,000.

>Excellent news, Steve. Presumably you'll be getting the cash annually on
>February 29th?

>I once, many moons ago when r.s.r.l and r.s.r.u were just r.s.r, posted
>an April Fool's message about Wembley being abandoned as a venue for the
>Final and Twickenham or Murrayfield being used instead.

>Not quite so odd now. :^)

Yes it's a funny old game.
--
steve