IQ stats/ The Age stats a joke

IQ stats/ The Age stats a joke

Post by shau.. » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00


The Age way of presenting stats is beyond a joke.
This new thing they call IQ stats tells us last weekend
that Chris Grant and Peter Everitt had less kicks than they did goals.
They are just the more obvious mistakes. God only knows how many other
mistakes are involved every week.
These stats are not worth the paper they are printed on
Should be renamed Stupid Stats and presented on Sports Tonight which is
another great transmitter of misinformation

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

IQ stats/ The Age stats a joke

Post by Matt » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

The Age is fantastic!!!!  Have you seen their live commentary?
If not, you should check it out sometime during a game.
You get to have a go at other online supporters too.

Quote:

> The Age way of presenting stats is beyond a joke.
> This new thing they call IQ stats tells us last weekend
> that Chris Grant and Peter Everitt had less kicks than they did goals.
> They are just the more obvious mistakes. God only knows how many other
> mistakes are involved every week.
> These stats are not worth the paper they are printed on
> Should be renamed Stupid Stats and presented on Sports Tonight which is
> another great transmitter of misinformation

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.


 
 
 

IQ stats/ The Age stats a joke

Post by shau.. » Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> The Age is fantastic!!!! Have you seen their live commentary?

No.
I actually am lucky enough to goto the games although yesterday was a
poor day a game by my team
I was more having a go at the AGE stats they present in the newspaper,
not their footy website which is pretty good in itself.
I don't know why they don't just go with the real stats from the AFL.

Quote:
> If not, you should check it out sometime during a game.
> You get to have a go at other online supporters too.

Why do that when i can do it at the game itself :-)

Quote:

> > The Age way of presenting stats is beyond a joke.
> > This new thing they call IQ stats tells us last weekend
> > that Chris Grant and Peter Everitt had less kicks than they did
goals.
> > They are just the more obvious mistakes. God only knows how many
other
> > mistakes are involved every week.
> > These stats are not worth the paper they are printed on
> > Should be renamed Stupid Stats and presented on Sports Tonight
which is
> > another great transmitter of misinformation

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.