I am so impressed with myself...

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by Zaphod Beeblebro » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:29:43


I have completed all my Christmas shopping.  And you know what impresses
me the most - for the first time, I finished it ALL without ever going
inside a store or anywhere near a (shudder!) mall.

Yep, all done on-line from Circuit City, Amazon, e-Bay, Lands End, the
Pitt Campus Store and several other more obscure places.  Everything
from Roethlisberger jerseys to Lego Technics to Yugioh cards to jackets
to the LOTR DVD's to a friggin' telescope.  And all at damn reasonable
prices to boot.

Now I shall sit back and mock the lunatics who go scurrying around the
mall - sweet Jeebus, how the *** can ANY normal person venture anywhere
near a mall until well past January?

 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by Chris Miho » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:36:36

Quote:

> to a friggin' telescope.  And all at damn reasonable prices to boot.

uh oh.

--
chris


 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by jaybyr » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:45:51

Quote:

> Yep, all done on-line from Circuit City, Amazon, e-Bay, Lands End, the
> Pitt Campus Store

Penn State fans should be buying their gear from the Pitt Campus store
as evidence points to Pitt gear having good luck when worn at PSU games
against non-Pitt teams.

        PP PP
      PP PP  PP           tt     tt
     PP  PP   PP          tt     tt
         PP  PP         tttttt ttttttt
         PP PP      ii    ttt    ttt
         PP     ii  ii   it tt tt  tt tt
         PP      iii  iii    ttt     tt

 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by Zaphod Beeblebro » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:50:27

Quote:


>> to a friggin' telescope.  And all at damn reasonable prices to boot.

> uh oh.

For my 11 year old who actually expressed an interest in something other
than video games. From a place called OpticsPlanet  - any insights my
astrologer friend?
 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by Chris Miho » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 06:56:23

Quote:



>>> to a friggin' telescope.  And all at damn reasonable prices to boot.

>> uh oh.

> For my 11 year old who actually expressed an interest in something other
> than video games. From a place called OpticsPlanet  - any insights my
> astrologer friend?

well it looks like they have some good stuff there (also some crap, but
that's better than most places where all they carry is crap). which one
did you get little Beeble Junior?

--
chris

 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by Zaphod Beeblebro » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:15:23

Quote:




>>>> to a friggin' telescope.  And all at damn reasonable prices to boot.

>>> uh oh.

>> For my 11 year old who actually expressed an interest in something
>> other than video games. From a place called OpticsPlanet  - any
>> insights my astrologer friend?

> well it looks like they have some good stuff there (also some crap, but
> that's better than most places where all they carry is crap). which one
> did you get little Beeble Junior?

Bushnell 675x60 (900mm focal length) Refractor Telescope

I have no clue what it is or what it does, but I hope to find out in a
few days :-)

 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by Cornhuskeres » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:19:14

Quote:

> I have completed all my Christmas shopping.  And you know what
> impresses me the most - for the first time, I finished it ALL without
> ever going inside a store or anywhere near a (shudder!) mall.

> Yep, all done on-line from Circuit City, Amazon, e-Bay, Lands End, the
> Pitt Campus Store and several other more obscure places.  Everything
> from Roethlisberger jerseys to Lego Technics to Yugioh cards to
> jackets to the LOTR DVD's to a friggin' telescope.  And all at damn
> reasonable prices to boot.

> Now I shall sit back and mock the lunatics who go scurrying around the
> mall - sweet Jeebus, how the *** can ANY normal person venture
> anywhere near a mall until well past January?

I did the exact same thing.  There are too many people in this area for me
to remotely wish to brave the malls.

~~Geri~~
(Sanctimonious Cornhusker ***)

"Life is all about ass:  you're either covering it, laughing it off,
kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it,
behaving like one, or you live with one!"

 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by sue kels » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 08:46:53

that would be Yu-Gi-Oh.

ok?

sue k


Quote:

> I have completed all my Christmas shopping.  And you know what impresses
> me the most - for the first time, I finished it ALL without ever going
> inside a store or anywhere near a (shudder!) mall.

> Yep, all done on-line from Circuit City, Amazon, e-Bay, Lands End, the
> Pitt Campus Store and several other more obscure places.  Everything from
> Roethlisberger jerseys to Lego Technics to Yugioh cards to jackets to the
> LOTR DVD's to a friggin' telescope.  And all at damn reasonable prices to
> boot.

> Now I shall sit back and mock the lunatics who go scurrying around the
> mall - sweet Jeebus, how the *** can ANY normal person venture anywhere
> near a mall until well past January?

 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by Bill Lan » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 12:55:44

Nevermind the facts, Cornhuskeress,  just give me the details!

Quote:

>> I have completed all my Christmas shopping.  And you know what
>> impresses me the most - for the first time, I finished it ALL
>> without ever going inside a store or anywhere near a (shudder!)
>> mall.

>> Yep, all done on-line from Circuit City, Amazon, e-Bay, Lands
>> End, the Pitt Campus Store and several other more obscure
>> places.  Everything from Roethlisberger jerseys to Lego
>> Technics to Yugioh cards to jackets to the LOTR DVD's to a
>> friggin' telescope.  And all at damn reasonable prices to boot.

>> Now I shall sit back and mock the lunatics who go scurrying
>> around the mall - sweet Jeebus, how the *** can ANY normal
>> person venture anywhere near a mall until well past January?

> I did the exact same thing.  There are too many people in this
> area for me to remotely wish to brave the malls.

> ~~Geri~~
> (Sanctimonious Cornhusker ***)

> "Life is all about ass:  you're either covering it, laughing it
> off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece
> of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!"

Pussies, Ya'll proabably watch soccer too.  All it takes is a little
planning.  I've been doing the mall/shopping center/select shops
thing each day this week.  I'm selective about where I go, cruising
the side streets to unused mall entrances, parking in the back row
even when other spots are available,  It's actually been a rather
peaceful adventure.

--
mutt

"By the unwinking red eye of Ra."

 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by Jefferson N Glapsk » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:17:51

Quote:

> I have completed all my Christmas shopping.  And you know what
> impresses me the most - for the first time, I finished it ALL without
> ever going inside a store or anywhere near a (shudder!) mall.

> Yep, all done on-line from Circuit City, Amazon, e-Bay, Lands End, the
> Pitt Campus Store and several other more obscure places.  Everything
> from Roethlisberger jerseys to Lego Technics to Yugioh cards to
> jackets to the LOTR DVD's to a friggin' telescope.  And all at damn
> reasonable prices to boot.

> Now I shall sit back and mock the lunatics who go scurrying around the
> mall - sweet Jeebus, how the *** can ANY normal person venture
> anywhere near a mall until well past January?

Because your shopping with your girlfriend? You want your gifts to arrive on
time?

Besides, you should have got the old time Franco Harris or Jack Ham jersey.
Do PSU fans have to buy a minimum of three items at the Pitt Campus Store?

--
Jefferson N. Glapski
http://SportToday.org/

 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by Jefferson N Glapsk » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:18:39

Quote:


>> Yep, all done on-line from Circuit City, Amazon, e-Bay, Lands End,
>> the Pitt Campus Store

> Penn State fans should be buying their gear from the Pitt Campus store
> as evidence points to Pitt gear having good luck when worn at PSU
> games against non-Pitt teams.

*** that. You are the one with magical mystical power, not the Pitt hat.

--
Jefferson N. Glapski
http://SportToday.org/

 
 
 

I am so impressed with myself...

Post by Andrew Smit » Thu, 23 Dec 2004 14:22:44


Quote:
> Nevermind the facts, Cornhuskeress,  just give me the details!


>>> I have completed all my Christmas shopping.  And you know what
>>> impresses me the most - for the first time, I finished it ALL
>>> without ever going inside a store or anywhere near a (shudder!)
>>> mall.

>>> Yep, all done on-line from Circuit City, Amazon, e-Bay, Lands
>>> End, the Pitt Campus Store and several other more obscure
>>> places.  Everything from Roethlisberger jerseys to Lego
>>> Technics to Yugioh cards to jackets to the LOTR DVD's to a
>>> friggin' telescope.  And all at damn reasonable prices to boot.

>>> Now I shall sit back and mock the lunatics who go scurrying
>>> around the mall - sweet Jeebus, how the *** can ANY normal
>>> person venture anywhere near a mall until well past January?

>> I did the exact same thing.  There are too many people in this
>> area for me to remotely wish to brave the malls.

>> ~~Geri~~
>> (Sanctimonious Cornhusker ***)

>> "Life is all about ass:  you're either covering it, laughing it
>> off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece
>> of it, behaving like one, or you live with one!"

> Pussies, Ya'll proabably watch soccer too.  All it takes is a little
> planning.  I've been doing the mall/shopping center/select shops
> thing each day this week.  I'm selective about where I go, cruising
> the side streets to unused mall entrances, parking in the back row
> even when other spots are available,  It's actually been a rather
> peaceful adventure.

I'll be heading out for some shopping sometime around 6:00 pm Christmas Eve.

I should be done sometime around 8:00 pm Christmas Eve.

a.