Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by GiantandBl » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:50:30


http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011008/re/media_limbaugh_dc_1.html
 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Hank DeWorke » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:05:44

Quote:

> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011008/re/media_limbaugh_dc_1.html

That explains a lot.  He sounds nothing like he did in the past.  He
sounded like someone doing a bad impression of Rush.

--
Hank

 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Stev » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:55:16


What?

Steve

 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Jeffrey Davi » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:00:59

Quote:


> > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011008/re/media_limbaugh_dc_1.html

> That explains a lot.  He sounds nothing like he did in the past.  He
> sounded like someone doing a bad impression of Rush.

[insert art rock joke if you can think of one]
 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Ted Rathkop » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:34:27

Quote:

> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011008/re/media_limbaugh_dc_1.html

And I thought he just liked to hear himself talk.

--
Ted Rathkopf

 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Vijay Ramanuja » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:42:51



Quote:

> > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011008/re/media_limbaugh_dc_1.html

> And I thought he just liked to hear himself talk.

This probably comes from years of not listening to anyone else. His ear
atrophied.

Vijay R.

 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Lizabet » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:46:41


Quote:

> > http://SportToday.org/

> That explains a lot.  He sounds nothing like he did in the past.  He
> sounded like someone doing a bad impression of Rush.

Jokes aside, you're right.  His voice has changed so much.  It had been
years since I'd heard him when I was recently traveling on a weekday
afternoon - I didn't recognize him at all.  I thought it was someone filling
in for him.

~~~~~~~~~
Lizabeth
***ia Beach, VA

I love my work, I could sit and watch it all day long.

 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Lizabet » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:59:27


Quote:



> > > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011008/re/media_limbaugh_dc_1.html

> > And I thought he just liked to hear himself talk.

> This probably comes from years of not listening to anyone else. His ear
> atrophied.

I'm not really a Limbaugh fan, but I think this is a little out of line.

The guy found his niche and at least he was honest about his agenda.  That's
more than can be said about a lot of "journalists."

Before you slam me, realize I understand that Limbaugh did not hold himself
up as some sort of objective reporter, however, his button was no more stuck
than many of the members of this chatroom...yourself included, Vijay.

(And for what it's worth, I like you too....not to diminish your
"reputation" as a rsfcker - for all that's worth.)

 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Vijay Ramanuja » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:07:28


Quote:






> > > > http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011008/re/media_limbaugh_dc_1.html

> > > And I thought he just liked to hear himself talk.

> > This probably comes from years of not listening to anyone else. His ear
> > atrophied.

> I'm not really a Limbaugh fan, but I think this is a little out of line.

> The guy found his niche and at least he was honest about his agenda.

He was very honest about his agenda, which was nice. I even remember
when he called on Mario Cuomo to do the left counter to his show.

However, when I watched his show (yes, I did a few times) I felt he was
*not* honest about the news. He would happily, gleefully, distort news
stories and people's stances in order to make them look bad.

Now, don't get me wrong; I wouldn't put him in the same category as
someone like Matt Drudge, but I wouldn't describe his politics as honest
either.

Vijay R.

 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Tony Ric » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:16:03



Quote:
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011008/re/media_limbaugh_dc_1.html

huh?
 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Lizabet » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:18:33


Quote:








http://SportToday.org/

Quote:

> > > > And I thought he just liked to hear himself talk.

> > > This probably comes from years of not listening to anyone else. His
ear
> > > atrophied.

> > I'm not really a Limbaugh fan, but I think this is a little out of line.

> > The guy found his niche and at least he was honest about his agenda.

> He was very honest about his agenda, which was nice. I even remember
> when he called on Mario Cuomo to do the left counter to his show.

> However, when I watched his show (yes, I did a few times) I felt he was
> *not* honest about the news. He would happily, gleefully, distort news
> stories and people's stances in order to make them look bad.

I never watched him on television.  I have no clue as to how he was on his
TV show  - and I have no reason to doubt what you say.

As a person who spent a great deal of time on the road for work - I listened
to his radio show a lot and I thought he was pretty open about his "slant"
on the issues.

Quote:
> Now, don't get me wrong; I wouldn't put him in the same category as
> someone like Matt Drudge, but I wouldn't describe his politics as honest
> either.

Personally, I can't imagine any scenario where "politics" and "honest"
belong in the same sentence.

~~~~~~~~~
Lizabeth
***ia Beach, VA

Mind Like A Steel Trap - Rusty And Illegal In 37 States

 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Vijay Ramanuja » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:00:19


Quote:

> I never watched him on television.  I have no clue as to how he was on his
> TV show  - and I have no reason to doubt what you say.

> As a person who spent a great deal of time on the road for work - I listened
> to his radio show a lot and I thought he was pretty open about his "slant"
> on the issues.

He was very open.
The reason I make a comment like that (not listening to other people's
opinions) about Rush Limbaugh is this:

There are a lot of people who argue politics and have open biases. I
count myself among them. Sometimes I listen to Curtis Sliwa and Ron
Kooby in the morning, and that's a clearly bi-partisan point
counterpoint show. And a good one at that, because Curtis Sliwa speaks
for the right, Ron Kooby speaks for the left, and you get the exchange.

What I really dislike about someone like Rush Limbaugh (and you get it
from both sides, but Limbaugh's who we are discussing here) is that he
isn't discussing issues or even giving his opinion. He is informing us
of the insiduious inner workings of the people he dislikes. His talk is
FULL of "Let me tell you what (X) is thinking" and "The liberals are
doing this because (Y)."

And (X) and (Y) have no similarity to real life. They are just the
explanations that make liberals and feminists and Clintons and democrats
look as bad as they can look.

IOW, he doesn't even pay lip service to the real ideas being expressed,
he is ONLY interested in making people look bad. And that, to me, is
dishonest AND shows that he isn't going to listen to what the other side
says *other than* as fodder for him to make fun of.

That's why I say he hasn't used his ears in years. It's too much work to
listen.

Vijay R.

 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Tom Tatu » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:10:02

On Tue, 09 Oct 2001 01:46:41 GMT, "Lizabeth"

:

Quote:

>Jokes aside, you're right.  His voice has changed so much.  It had been
>years since I'd heard him when I was recently traveling on a weekday
>afternoon - I didn't recognize him at all.  I thought it was someone filling
>in for him.

Funny you should say that, b/c I heard him for the first time in like
8 years in the last few months, and to me it sounded like someone
doing an immitation of him, if that makes sense.
 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by jim thi » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:47:27

Quote:

>>>Personally, I can't imagine any scenario where "politics" and "honest"

belong in the same sentence.<<<

Ditto (ha) with "political" and "correct" (that's why the title of Bill Mahr's
show has always seemed a bit redundant to me.)

:-)

JT

 
 
 

Rush Limbaugh's Hearing enters 10-3-39

Post by Jon Cohoda » Wed, 10 Oct 2001 22:27:54



Quote:

>> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011008/re/media_limbaugh_dc_1.html

> And I thought he just liked to hear himself talk.

Just out of his right ear.