Black Eyed Peas: THEY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Eyed Peas: THEY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Glen Hallic » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:47:55


That has to rank as one of the WORST half-time Grey Cup shows of all time. I
don't mind that the act is from the US, but at least have a show that's
appealing. Maybe to those sitting in front of the tv stoned out their minds
then the Black Eye Peas might have been a decent show. A double thumbs down
to the brain trust that decided to pick these talent-less wonders. They
might as well hired whatshername Simpson to lip sync instead!

On the bright side? Yes there is one. At least the half time show wasn't
Ryan Malcolm and/or Kalen Porter.

Glen

 
 
 

Black Eyed Peas: THEY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Ron Hipfne » Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:04:13

I've watched the Hump/Bump video while at the gym and it wasn't any better.

While their songs may be on the hit list right now they'll have no staying
power - 10 years from now nobody will remember them.


Quote:
> That has to rank as one of the WORST half-time Grey Cup shows of all time.
> I don't mind that the act is from the US, but at least have a show that's
> appealing. Maybe to those sitting in front of the tv stoned out their
> minds then the Black Eye Peas might have been a decent show. A double
> thumbs down to the brain trust that decided to pick these talent-less
> wonders. They might as well hired whatshername Simpson to lip sync
> instead!

> On the bright side? Yes there is one. At least the half time show wasn't
> Ryan Malcolm and/or Kalen Porter.

> Glen


 
 
 

Black Eyed Peas: THEY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by n2811 » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 10:37:58

I am so not the demographic for the BEP, but I admired the organizing
committee for thinking outside of the box in picking this act for the
half-time show.

They went after a demographic that doesn't take in the Grey Cup the same way
us old farts too.  None of the younger people in my office <=30 were going
to a Grey Cup party. So, the folks in BC made a stab at grabbing the
attention of some younger audience That audience might have watched the 1st
half to catch the halftime show or might have stayed for the 2nd half after
the show. Some of them may have even watched the whole game because of the
halftime show.

Anyway, I read somewhere (CFLNews?) that the committee were trying to get
the Stones to be the show, as their original tour schedule had them in
Portland on the weekend. Great big cajones with that thought.

Who have we had in recent history? The Hip, Guess Who, Shania (who got paid
big $ to lip sync songs from here new album..)

BTW: I realized I'm out of the demographic, but is there a relevant Canadian
band around right now who would attract the attention of a younger set? (I
suppose Simple Plan, Sum41, or Avril might have drawn a crowd...)

Again, I'm not there demographic, but "Get It Started" is OK, "My Humps"
does what it is supposed to and "Don't Phunk With My Heart" is OK too...
that having been said, the audio mix at the GC didn't do the songs justice.
I hope their real live show is better.


Quote:
> I've watched the Hump/Bump video while at the gym and it wasn't any
> better.

> While their songs may be on the hit list right now they'll have no staying
> power - 10 years from now nobody will remember them.


 
 
 

Black Eyed Peas: THEY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Mario » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:08:06


Quote:
> I've watched the Hump/Bump video while at the gym and it wasn't any
better.

> While their songs may be on the hit list right now they'll have no staying
> power - 10 years from now nobody will remember them.

Because it just Isn't music thats worth listening too.  No idea why anybody
would but anybody I'm aware of that listens to them is 10-15 yrs old and
didn't watch the halftime show or the game.  Failed experiment on all
counts.   I still go with the ***and ho thumbs down tagline I started when
Black Eyed***were announced.
 
 
 

Black Eyed Peas: THEY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by migue » Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:30:21

Quote:

> I am so not the demographic for the BEP, but I admired the organizing
> committee for thinking outside of the box in picking this act for the
> half-time show.

If they sucked big time, then they were perfect for the canaderian
football championship because cfl is a loser league.

cfl football --> football
as is
black eyed peas --> music

 
 
 

Black Eyed Peas: THEY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by T.J. Higgi » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 04:41:25

Quote:

>Anyway, I read somewhere (CFLNews?) that the committee were trying to get
>the Stones to be the show, as their original tour schedule had them in
>Portland on the weekend. Great big cajones with that thought.

Funny coincidence that on Grey Cup weekend the Stones were
announced as the act for the Super Bowl halftime show.

From Alabama,
--
TJH

tjhiggin.at.hiwaay.dot.net

 
 
 

Black Eyed Peas: THEY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Glen Hallic » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 04:53:02


Quote:

>>Anyway, I read somewhere (CFLNews?) that the committee were trying to get
>>the Stones to be the show, as their original tour schedule had them in
>>Portland on the weekend. Great big cajones with that thought.

> Funny coincidence that on Grey Cup weekend the Stones were
> announced as the act for the Super Bowl halftime show.

> From Alabama,
> --
> TJH

> tjhiggin.at.hiwaay.dot.net

Black Eyed Peas: A football league tries to appeal to a young age
demographic.

Rolling Stones: A football league tries to appeal to the Viagara
demographic.

:-)

Glen

 
 
 

Black Eyed Peas: THEY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by BrentArmstr.. » Thu, 01 Dec 2005 06:54:47

Quote:


> > I am so not the demographic for the BEP, but I admired the organizing
> > committee for thinking outside of the box in picking this act for the
> > half-time show.

> If they sucked big time, then they were perfect for the canaderian
> football championship because cfl is a loser league.

> cfl football --> football
> as is
> black eyed peas --> music

They should get Canadian artist of the year just for showing up-just
like single point failure rule retards think the offense should get a
single point for moving the ball down the field-the Gliebermans should
get subsidised $3, 333, 333.33 per year just for owning the team!
 
 
 

Black Eyed Peas: THEY SUCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by richardh.. » Fri, 02 Dec 2005 07:42:23

Quote:




> >>Anyway, I read somewhere (CFLNews?) that the committee were trying to get
> >>the Stones to be the show, as their original tour schedule had them in
> >>Portland on the weekend. Great big cajones with that thought.

> > Funny coincidence that on Grey Cup weekend the Stones were
> > announced as the act for the Super Bowl halftime show.

> > From Alabama,
> > --
> > TJH

> > tjhiggin.at.hiwaay.dot.net

> Black Eyed Peas: A football league tries to appeal to a young age
> demographic.

> Rolling Stones: A football league tries to appeal to the Viagara
> demographic.

> :-)

ratings were lower for the GAY Cup in Vancouver this year

cfl gives a point for missing a field goal-the cfl is CRAP!!!!

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> Glen