Mike Hart: Next Michigan phenom?

Mike Hart: Next Michigan phenom?

Post by Clockwork Orang » Sun, 26 Sep 2004 05:32:57


http://www.syracuse.com/sports/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/sports-
1/1096017694151770.xml

-or-

http://snipurl.com/9be7

//partial quote//
  He came back July 8 for training camp, when he devoted himself
  to learning Michigan's playbook. Hart figured that by mastering
  the playbook, he would position himself for playing time as a
  true freshman. He never masked his desire to play immediately.
  And from the start of practice, Carr said, Hart kept pushing his
  agenda. After each practice, Michigan coaches would gather and
  report their impressions of each player. After about four days,
  Carr said, running backs coach Fred Jackson provided this
  assessment: "I'll tell you right now," he said, "the leader of
  this group is Michael Hart."
//end quote//

--
Cheers,
--Jeff

"We have two quarterbacks now who can play,"
 said Pasqualoni. "Both are still
 developmental players."

HUH???

 
 
 

Mike Hart: Next Michigan phenom?

Post by Vijay Ramanuja » Sun, 26 Sep 2004 06:04:24


Quote:

> http://www.syracuse.com/sports/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/sports-
> 1/1096017694151770.xml

> -or-

> http://snipurl.com/9be7

I certainly hope so.
And aside from yards and points, I wouldn't mind seeing some of those
jaw-dropping moves every now and then, simply because they are fun to
watch.

Vijay R.

 
 
 

Mike Hart: Next Michigan phenom?

Post by Clockwork Orang » Sun, 26 Sep 2004 06:39:45

Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay, Vijay Ramanujan

Quote:
> I certainly hope so.
> And aside from yards and points, I wouldn't mind seeing some of
> those jaw-dropping moves every now and then, simply because they
> are fun to watch.

The guy he reminds me of is Joe Morris. With your proximity to the
Giants I'm sure you remember him. The thing about Joe was, he took a
lot of grief for his lack of height too, but that didn't stop him
from pounding it up there in between the tackles with success. And
once he got to the second level you were in trouble. Very few people
gonna bring him down in the open field.

--
Cheers,
--Jeff

"We have two quarterbacks now who can play,"
 said Pasqualoni. "Both are still
 developmental players."

HUH???

 
 
 

Mike Hart: Next Michigan phenom?

Post by Vijay Ramanuja » Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:10:18


Quote:

> Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay, Vijay Ramanujan

> > I certainly hope so.
> > And aside from yards and points, I wouldn't mind seeing some of
> > those jaw-dropping moves every now and then, simply because they
> > are fun to watch.

> The guy he reminds me of is Joe Morris. With your proximity to the
> Giants I'm sure you remember him.

Dude, don't be mentioning Morrises and trying to make us thing of Joe.
We tend to be partial to Jamie, who I believe left Michigan as the top
rusher in (modern) Big 10 history.

And yes, he's getting a lot of Jamie Morris comparisons, because he's
small, built thick and can take a hit.

Vijay R.

 
 
 

Mike Hart: Next Michigan phenom?

Post by Clockwork Orang » Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:38:01

Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay, Vijay Ramanujan

Quote:


>> Oh, I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay, Vijay Ramanujan

>> > I certainly hope so.
>> > And aside from yards and points, I wouldn't mind seeing some
>> > of those jaw-dropping moves every now and then, simply
>> > because they are fun to watch.

>> The guy he reminds me of is Joe Morris. With your proximity to
>> the Giants I'm sure you remember him.

> Dude, don't be mentioning Morrises and trying to make us thing
> of Joe. We tend to be partial to Jamie, who I believe left
> Michigan as the top rusher in (modern) Big 10 history.

> And yes, he's getting a lot of Jamie Morris comparisons, because
> he's small, built thick and can take a hit.

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/buffzone/article/0,1713,BDC_2399_
3198983,00.html

or

http://snipurl.com/9bi6

/quote/
  Hart, like Morris, is a small, yet powerful tailback who has
been defying the odds for years. He is 5-9, 194 pounds. Well, not
quite.
  "I don't think he's 5-9, and I don't think he's 194 pounds,"
Morris said. "But it's nice program height and nice program
weight, even though it's not true. That's the same deal I had. My
senior year I was listed as 6-foot, 225 pounds, when I really was
5-7, 185."
  Despite being undersized and underappreciated at times, Morris
finished as the second leading rusher in Michigan history with
4,393 yards. He owns the school-record for most 100-yard games in
a season, with 10 in 1987. And he played in the NFL for three
seasons.
/end quote/

Disappeared in the Redskins' depth chart. I remember him.

--
Cheers,
--Jeff

"We have two quarterbacks now who can play,"
 said Pasqualoni. "Both are still
 developmental players."

HUH???