'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by unklbo » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 02:26:03



Quote:
> > The OP brought it up, and has to accept the fact that most (75%) NFL
> > fans believe the "one for the thumb" carries a huge asterisk.

> 50% of statistics are pulled out of peoples' asses.

> > Take
> > away the bad calls--Rothlisberger's phantom touchdown,

> He broke the plane.

> > the ticky tack
> > OPI in the endzone,

> He pushed off.

> > the "illegal block" on Hasselback,

> The same call was made in the regular season against the Steelers versus the
> Colts.

> > etc., and the
> > Steelers may still have won, but we will never know, will we?

> The calls were all correct. ?Anything else?

> > A travesty that every real Steeler fan understands and has to live
> > with.

> Yeah, it's tough living with highlights and such from a championship team.

> > The most controversial and ill-officiated championship game
> > since the 1972 US-USSR Olympic gold medal basketball game.

> Hyperbolize much? ?Seriously, your post has been done before and done
> better.

Sure, and your "is not, is too" rebuttal doesn't change what 3 out of
4 fans watching the game know is true.

I said this at the time, and I'll say it again:

If the Steelers had won that game fair and square, I would have given
them their props as one of the best teams of all time.  I grew up
loving the Steelers, the great teams of Lambert, Greene, Bradshaw and
Swan--I saw the Immaculate Reception live and almost jumped through
the ceiling as the hated Raiders took it on the chin.

But SBXL, and the incessant inability of Steeler apologists like you
to admit that the Seahawks got screwed has made me and a lot of other
fans who formerly rooted for the Steelers very bitter.  Admit that you
got away with one, and maybe the rest of the country would look upon
the Steeler nation as a group with integrity, instead of bunch of
mindless homers.

I still have that game Tivo'd and periodically I pull it up and show
the controversial calls in slo mo frame by frame to guys who didn't
have a dog in that fight--I have yet to find someone who didn't feel
the calls were bad, and were obvious momentum breakers that came at
crucial points during the game.

In the next two weeks as the media beats the ***out of every angle
including what Warner and Rothlisberger eat for dinner and where they
buy their gas, some sharp will pull up footage of SBXL and go over the
disputed calls.  Take off your black and gold tinted glasses, look
again, and realize what everyone else in the country knew four years
ago.  Don't expect the NFL to talk about it on their network or during
the pre-game--its a black mark they'd prefer to forget about and sweep
under the rug.

 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by Jefferson N. Glapsk » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 02:49:42



Quote:
> > The OP brought it up, and has to accept the fact that most (75%) NFL
> > fans believe the "one for the thumb" carries a huge asterisk.

> 50% of statistics are pulled out of peoples' asses.

> > Take
> > away the bad calls--Rothlisberger's phantom touchdown,

> He broke the plane.

> > the ticky tack
> > OPI in the endzone,

> He pushed off.

> > the "illegal block" on Hasselback,

> The same call was made in the regular season against the Steelers versus
> the
> Colts.

> > etc., and the
> > Steelers may still have won, but we will never know, will we?

> The calls were all correct. Anything else?

> > A travesty that every real Steeler fan understands and has to live
> > with.

> Yeah, it's tough living with highlights and such from a championship team.

> > The most controversial and ill-officiated championship game
> > since the 1972 US-USSR Olympic gold medal basketball game.

> Hyperbolize much? Seriously, your post has been done before and done
> better.

Sure, and your "is not, is too" rebuttal doesn't change what 3 out of
4 fans watching the game know is true.

I said this at the time, and I'll say it again:

If the Steelers had won that game fair and square, I would have given
them their props as one of the best teams of all time.  I grew up
loving the Steelers, the great teams of Lambert, Greene, Bradshaw and
Swan--I saw the Immaculate Reception live and almost jumped through
the ceiling as the hated Raiders took it on the chin.

But SBXL, and the incessant inability of Steeler apologists like you
to admit that the Seahawks got screwed has made me and a lot of other
fans who formerly rooted for the Steelers very bitter.  Admit that you
got away with one, and maybe the rest of the country would look upon
the Steeler nation as a group with integrity, instead of bunch of
mindless homers.

I still have that game Tivo'd and periodically I pull it up and show
the controversial calls in slo mo frame by frame to guys who didn't
have a dog in that fight--I have yet to find someone who didn't feel
the calls were bad, and were obvious momentum breakers that came at
crucial points during the game.

---------------------

Raiders fans still consider the Immaculate Reception to be poorly reffed,
even though it has been verified that some Ohio State Thug touched the ball
first. It was verified on a Physics journal. That is less controversial than
any call in XL.

The Steelers were ***ed out of two fumbles that game.

Offensive interference is a penalty.

What else are you whining about?

 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by unklbo » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 02:54:41

On Jan 19, 12:49?pm, "Jefferson N. Glapski"

Quote:




> > > The OP brought it up, and has to accept the fact that most (75%) NFL
> > > fans believe the "one for the thumb" carries a huge asterisk.

> > 50% of statistics are pulled out of peoples' asses.

> > > Take
> > > away the bad calls--Rothlisberger's phantom touchdown,

> > He broke the plane.

> > > the ticky tack
> > > OPI in the endzone,

> > He pushed off.

> > > the "illegal block" on Hasselback,

> > The same call was made in the regular season against the Steelers versus
> > the
> > Colts.

> > > etc., and the
> > > Steelers may still have won, but we will never know, will we?

> > The calls were all correct. Anything else?

> > > A travesty that every real Steeler fan understands and has to live
> > > with.

> > Yeah, it's tough living with highlights and such from a championship team.

> > > The most controversial and ill-officiated championship game
> > > since the 1972 US-USSR Olympic gold medal basketball game.

> > Hyperbolize much? Seriously, your post has been done before and done
> > better.

> Sure, and your "is not, is too" rebuttal doesn't change what 3 out of
> 4 fans watching the game know is true.

> I said this at the time, and I'll say it again:

> If the Steelers had won that game fair and square, I would have given
> them their props as one of the best teams of all time. ?I grew up
> loving the Steelers, the great teams of Lambert, Greene, Bradshaw and
> Swan--I saw the Immaculate Reception live and almost jumped through
> the ceiling as the hated Raiders took it on the chin.

> But SBXL, and the incessant inability of Steeler apologists like you
> to admit that the Seahawks got screwed has made me and a lot of other
> fans who formerly rooted for the Steelers very bitter. ?Admit that you
> got away with one, and maybe the rest of the country would look upon
> the Steeler nation as a group with integrity, instead of bunch of
> mindless homers.

> I still have that game Tivo'd and periodically I pull it up and show
> the controversial calls in slo mo frame by frame to guys who didn't
> have a dog in that fight--I have yet to find someone who didn't feel
> the calls were bad, and were obvious momentum breakers that came at
> crucial points during the game.

> ---------------------

> Raiders fans still consider the Immaculate Reception to be poorly reffed,
> even though it has been verified that some Ohio State Thug touched the ball
> first. It was verified on a Physics journal. That is less controversial than
> any call in XL.

> The Steelers were ***ed out of two fumbles that game.

> Offensive interference is a penalty.

> What else are you whining about?

I am not whining about Texas, Oklahoma, Florida or USC being ranked
higher than my school, that's for damn sure.

I am talking about real life true facts stuff.

 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by Brian Alle » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 03:15:11

Quote:
> I am talking about real life true facts stuff.

No you're not.  You're talking about showing Tivo footage of a random game
to complete strangers and taking their opinions as facts.
 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by unklbo » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 03:29:23


Quote:


> >>> SuperBowl XL was certainly a "gift", courtesy of the referees.

> >> Wow, we just found a timewarp to February '06! Pile in, fellas!

> > The OP brought it up, and has to accept the fact that most (75%) NFL
> > fans believe the "one for the thumb" carries a huge asterisk. ?Take
> > away the bad calls--Rothlisberger's phantom touchdown, the ticky tack
> > OPI in the endzone, the "illegal block" on Hasselback, etc., and the
> > Steelers may still have won, but we will never know, will we?

> > A travesty that every real Steeler fan understands and has to live
> > with. ?The most controversial and ill-officiated championship game
> > since the 1972 US-USSR Olympic gold medal basketball game.

> (Cross posting deleted)

> Sorry uncle bob but you're wrong, we don't "understand and have to live
> with" your fantasy of the Steelers winning SB XL because of the officiating.
> What you and many others (but certainly not 75% of all NFL fans) fail to
> address is the bad calls that went both ways in that game. The Steelers did
> benefit from more of them, we know that, but not game deciding ones. The
> officials didn't let Willie Parker run for 75 yards from the line of
> scrimmage on a single play. The Steelers won that game, and it's not tainted
> by the poor excuses the NFL calls refs for any of us. Your whining and
> crying, three years later, just continue to bring a smile to our faces!

> Prior to SB XL I didn't have much of an opinion on the Seahawks one way or
> another. No one really did, because they sucked and didn't ever pose any
> real interest to anyone outside of their few fans. When they made it to the
> SB I was happy for their fans and the team, and that only changed after I
> saw what whiny little pansies their fans, coaches and QB really are. That's
> something YOU have to live with, and we'll continue to celebrate being fans
> of the greatest franchies in the NFL.

> :-)

Funny thing is, all the "whiners" you speak of weren't remotely
confined to Seattle.  They included Viking fans, Patriot fans, Charger
fans, Dolphin fans, Redskin fans, 49er fans, Titans fans, ad
infinitum.  Unless you were a hillbilly from WV or had black lung
disease, or were laid off by Bethlahem and managed to scrape up the
scratch to buy some trailer in a Florida swamp you "whined", because
you knew that the either the refs were exceedingly incompetent that
day, or if you were a *** buff thought that the fix was in--
what a huge shot in the arm to NFL coffers for another Pittsburgh win!

Its also funny that you decide to attack Seattle and its team when
last I checked, ESPN, USA TODAY, CNN, SI, and The Sporting News are
not located there, yet columns from all of those respected sources
attacked the officiating of that game.  Polls from those same sources
showed that an overwhelming majority outside of northern Appalachia
felt the same way.

 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by unklbo » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:19:01


Quote:
> > I am talking about real life true facts stuff.

> No you're not. ?You're talking about showing Tivo footage of a random game
> to complete strangers and taking their opinions as facts.

Not really, Brian.

Everyone I've shown the game to has been a football fan, and since I
was living in Detroit during SBXL, I was the only Seahawk fan I knew
of where I lived--the same goes for where I live now.  I've shown it
to (among others) Lions fans, Packers fans, Buccaneer fans, AND a good
friend of mine who is a dyed in the wool Steeler fan who was pretty
hammered during the game.  All of them agreed with me.

According to Google Groups, this Steeler group has over 400
subscribers which is not inconsiderable given the state of Usenet
today.  Probably 2/3 of them only lurk, but I would guess that more
than a few agree with me that the game was poorly officiated and the
outcome of the game was likely affected by that poor officiating.

Google "superbowl XL officiating" and fully 48 of the first 50 hits
are critical.

Coincidentally, I'll be in Tampa (not going to the game) for this
upcoming game, maybe I'll find some Steeler fans and give them a hard
time about their last SuperBowl "win", but if they beat Arizona
without any help from the refs, they'll get my congratulations.

 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by Zaphod Beeblebro » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:33:33

Disculpa Senora unklbob, pero did you really mime the following  on
1/19/2009 3:19 PM???

Quote:

>>> I am talking about real life true facts stuff.
>> No you're not.  You're talking about showing Tivo footage of a random game
>> to complete strangers and taking their opinions as facts.

> Not really, Brian.

> Everyone I've shown the game to has been a football fan, and since I
> was living in Detroit during SBXL, I was the only Seahawk fan I knew
> of where I lived--the same goes for where I live now.  I've shown it
> to (among others) Lions fans, Packers fans, Buccaneer fans, AND a good
> friend of mine who is a dyed in the wool Steeler fan who was pretty
> hammered during the game.  All of them agreed with me.

> According to Google Groups, this Steeler group has over 400
> subscribers which is not inconsiderable given the state of Usenet
> today.  Probably 2/3 of them only lurk, but I would guess that more
> than a few agree with me that the game was poorly officiated and the
> outcome of the game was likely affected by that poor officiating.

> Google "superbowl XL officiating" and fully 48 of the first 50 hits
> are critical.

> Coincidentally, I'll be in Tampa (not going to the game) for this
> upcoming game, maybe I'll find some Steeler fans and give them a hard
> time about their last SuperBowl "win", but if they beat Arizona
> without any help from the refs, they'll get my congratulations.

Oh puh-lease! I suppose you always start with the assumption that when
people win it's generally with the help of referees?  Look - bad calls
go both ways.  I'm yet to see ANY evidence that the refs are biased
against any particular team.  All this bullshit about "asterisks" is
just that - bullshit.

--
I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
I'm so cool you can keep a side of meat in me for months.

 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by unklbo » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:55:06



Quote:
> Disculpa Senora unklbob, pero did you really mime the following ?on
> 1/19/2009 3:19 PM???


> >>> I am talking about real life true facts stuff.
> >> No you're not. ?You're talking about showing Tivo footage of a random game
> >> to complete strangers and taking their opinions as facts.

> > Not really, Brian.

> > Everyone I've shown the game to has been a football fan, and since I
> > was living in Detroit during SBXL, I was the only Seahawk fan I knew
> > of where I lived--the same goes for where I live now. ?I've shown it
> > to (among others) Lions fans, Packers fans, Buccaneer fans, AND a good
> > friend of mine who is a dyed in the wool Steeler fan who was pretty
> > hammered during the game. ?All of them agreed with me.

> > According to Google Groups, this Steeler group has over 400
> > subscribers which is not inconsiderable given the state of Usenet
> > today. ?Probably 2/3 of them only lurk, but I would guess that more
> > than a few agree with me that the game was poorly officiated and the
> > outcome of the game was likely affected by that poor officiating.

> > Google "superbowl XL officiating" and fully 48 of the first 50 hits
> > are critical.

> > Coincidentally, I'll be in Tampa (not going to the game) for this
> > upcoming game, maybe I'll find some Steeler fans and give them a hard
> > time about their last SuperBowl "win", but if they beat Arizona
> > without any help from the refs, they'll get my congratulations.

> Oh puh-lease! I suppose you always start with the assumption that when
> people win it's generally with the help of referees? ?Look - bad calls
> go both ways. ?I'm yet to see ANY evidence that the refs are biased
> against any particular team. ?All this bullshit about "asterisks" is
> just that - bullshit.

> --
> I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
> I'm so cool you can keep a side of meat in me for months.

Dude, I didn't know that you were a Steeler fan!

You know I don't feel that way in general, but SBXL was a special
case, and most fans agreed with me.  Even if you winnow out the
Seahawk homers (if Slick was a Seahawk fan, for instance) and the
Pittsburgh haters, according to the post game polls anywhere from 2/3
to 3/4 of fans polled thought the Hawks got hosed, bigtime.  And it
wasn't just bad calls, but calls that occurred at critical points in
the game.  Here's a team that is tied for the least amount of
penalties in the regular season, and they rack up 3/4 of the penalties
in the SB?

And just about every penalty came at a critical juncture--nullifying a
good play, eliminating good field position, taking away points.

I am guessing most Steelers fans had their beer goggles on during the
game, and won't accept what every one else in the country knew was
true.

 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by Nathan_1.. » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:57:54


Quote:
> > I am talking about real life true facts stuff.

> No you're not. ?You're talking about showing Tivo footage of a random game
> to complete strangers and taking their opinions as facts.

I'm sorry but you are totally biased about the XL game because your
team 'won.' Same goes for Seahawk fans due to the fact their team got
screwed. Your opinion means nothing. If this was a *** trial by
jury in a court of law and your conflict of interest knowing the
defendant and the judge was aware of this you wouldn't be on that
jury, peroid. Again, the same is true of Seahawk fans.  This is basic
to comprehend.
 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by Nathan_1.. » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:58:07


Quote:
> > I am talking about real life true facts stuff.

> No you're not. ?You're talking about showing Tivo footage of a random game
> to complete strangers and taking their opinions as facts.

I'm sorry but you are totally biased about the XL game because your
team 'won.' Same goes for Seahawk fans due to the fact their team got
screwed. Your opinion means nothing. If this was a *** trial by
jury in a court of law and your conflict of interest knowing the
defendant and the judge was aware of this you wouldn't be on that
jury, peroid. Again, the same is true of Seahawk fans.  This is basic
to comprehend.
 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by Nathan_1.. » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:58:27


Quote:
> > I am talking about real life true facts stuff.

> No you're not. ?You're talking about showing Tivo footage of a random game
> to complete strangers and taking their opinions as facts.

I'm sorry but you are totally biased about the XL game because your
team 'won.' Same goes for Seahawk fans due to the fact their team got
screwed. Your opinion means nothing. If this was a *** trial by
jury in a court of law and your conflict of interest knowing the
defendant and the judge was aware of this you wouldn't be on that
jury, peroid. Again, the same is true of Seahawk fans.  This is basic
to comprehend.
 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by Jaybyr » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:28:11


Quote:


> You know I don't feel that way in general, but SBXL was a special
> case, and most fans agreed with me.

that it's the only time we'll see seattle have a shot at the top spot
for a loooooong time, hence the bitterness and sour grapes from the
pacific NW.

 ?Even if you winnow out the

Quote:
> Seahawk homers (if Slick was a Seahawk fan, for instance) and the
> Pittsburgh haters, according to the post game polls anywhere from 2/3

are you kidding about slick and his feeling towards the steelers?
Come on now.

Quote:
> to 3/4 of fans polled thought the Hawks got hosed, bigtime. ?And it
> wasn't just bad calls, but calls that occurred at critical points in
> the game. ?Here's a team that is tied for the least amount of
> penalties in the regular season, and they rack up 3/4 of the penalties
> in the SB?

if you polled all NFL fans probably more than 3/4 are jealous of the
steeler success so your stats make sense.

Quote:
> And just about every penalty came at a critical juncture--nullifying a
> good play, eliminating good field position, taking away points.

> I am guessing most Steelers fans had their beer goggles on during the
> game, and won't accept what every one else in the country knew was
> true.

the truth: most NFL fans are jealous of the long term steeler
success.  It's similar to baseball fans and the yankees.  This is the
true motivation for your poasts.
 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by Jaybyr » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:29:21


Quote:

> > > I am talking about real life true facts stuff.

> > No you're not. ?You're talking about showing Tivo footage of a random game
> > to complete strangers and taking their opinions as facts.

> I'm sorry but you are totally biased about the XL game because your
> team 'won.' Same goes for Seahawk fans due to the fact their team got
> screwed. Your opinion means nothing. If this was a *** trial by
> jury in a court of law and your conflict of interest knowing the
> defendant and the judge was aware of this you wouldn't be on that
> jury, peroid. Again, the same is true of Seahawk fans. ?This is basic
> to comprehend.

how about then if a trained and experienced official that was standing
right next to the plays has a shot at it then?   Why would that be
biased?
 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by unklbo » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:33:44


Quote:


> > Disculpa Senora unklbob, pero did you really mime the following ?on
> > 1/19/2009 3:19 PM???


> > >>> I am talking about real life true facts stuff.
> > >> No you're not. ?You're talking about showing Tivo footage of a random game
> > >> to complete strangers and taking their opinions as facts.

> > > Not really, Brian.

> > > Everyone I've shown the game to has been a football fan, and since I
> > > was living in Detroit during SBXL, I was the only Seahawk fan I knew
> > > of where I lived--the same goes for where I live now. ?I've shown it
> > > to (among others) Lions fans, Packers fans, Buccaneer fans, AND a good
> > > friend of mine who is a dyed in the wool Steeler fan who was pretty
> > > hammered during the game. ?All of them agreed with me.

> > > According to Google Groups, this Steeler group has over 400
> > > subscribers which is not inconsiderable given the state of Usenet
> > > today. ?Probably 2/3 of them only lurk, but I would guess that more
> > > than a few agree with me that the game was poorly officiated and the
> > > outcome of the game was likely affected by that poor officiating.

> > > Google "superbowl XL officiating" and fully 48 of the first 50 hits
> > > are critical.

> > > Coincidentally, I'll be in Tampa (not going to the game) for this
> > > upcoming game, maybe I'll find some Steeler fans and give them a hard
> > > time about their last SuperBowl "win", but if they beat Arizona
> > > without any help from the refs, they'll get my congratulations.

> > Oh puh-lease! I suppose you always start with the assumption that when
> > people win it's generally with the help of referees? ?Look - bad calls
> > go both ways. ?I'm yet to see ANY evidence that the refs are biased
> > against any particular team. ?All this bullshit about "asterisks" is
> > just that - bullshit.

> > --
> > I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
> > I'm so cool you can keep a side of meat in me for months.

> Dude, I didn't know that you were a Steeler fan!

> You know I don't feel that way in general, but SBXL was a special
> case, and most fans agreed with me. ?Even if you winnow out the
> Seahawk homers (if Slick was a Seahawk fan, for instance) and the
> Pittsburgh haters, according to the post game polls anywhere from 2/3
> to 3/4 of fans polled thought the Hawks got hosed, bigtime. ?And it
> wasn't just bad calls, but calls that occurred at critical points in
> the game. ?Here's a team that is tied for the least amount of
> penalties in the regular season, and they rack up 3/4 of the penalties
> in the SB?

> And just about every penalty came at a critical juncture--nullifying a
> good play, eliminating good field position, taking away points.

> I am guessing most Steelers fans had their beer goggles on during the
> game, and won't accept what every one else in the country knew was
> true.

Let me add this:  I probably hate Orrygun only marginally more than
Oklahoma, but would you agree with me that OU got hosed during its
last meeting with the Ducks?  Likewise, did you hear me crying my eyes
out when Locker got penalized for excessive celebration in the last
seconds of the UW BYU game?  No, you didn't despite the fact that I
bleed purple and gold.

So please don't call me a whining homer, I call them like I see them.

 
 
 

'05 Steelers v/s '08 Steelers

Post by Jaybyr » Wed, 21 Jan 2009 07:06:11


Quote:



> > > Disculpa Senora unklbob, pero did you really mime the following ?on
> > > 1/19/2009 3:19 PM???


> > > >>> I am talking about real life true facts stuff.
> > > >> No you're not. ?You're talking about showing Tivo footage of a random game
> > > >> to complete strangers and taking their opinions as facts.

> > > > Not really, Brian.

> > > > Everyone I've shown the game to has been a football fan, and since I
> > > > was living in Detroit during SBXL, I was the only Seahawk fan I knew
> > > > of where I lived--the same goes for where I live now. ?I've shown it
> > > > to (among others) Lions fans, Packers fans, Buccaneer fans, AND a good
> > > > friend of mine who is a dyed in the wool Steeler fan who was pretty
> > > > hammered during the game. ?All of them agreed with me.

> > > > According to Google Groups, this Steeler group has over 400
> > > > subscribers which is not inconsiderable given the state of Usenet
> > > > today. ?Probably 2/3 of them only lurk, but I would guess that more
> > > > than a few agree with me that the game was poorly officiated and the
> > > > outcome of the game was likely affected by that poor officiating.

> > > > Google "superbowl XL officiating" and fully 48 of the first 50 hits
> > > > are critical.

> > > > Coincidentally, I'll be in Tampa (not going to the game) for this
> > > > upcoming game, maybe I'll find some Steeler fans and give them a hard
> > > > time about their last SuperBowl "win", but if they beat Arizona
> > > > without any help from the refs, they'll get my congratulations.

> > > Oh puh-lease! I suppose you always start with the assumption that when
> > > people win it's generally with the help of referees? ?Look - bad calls
> > > go both ways. ?I'm yet to see ANY evidence that the refs are biased
> > > against any particular team. ?All this bullshit about "asterisks" is
> > > just that - bullshit.

> > > --
> > > I'm so hip I have trouble seeing over my pelvis.
> > > I'm so cool you can keep a side of meat in me for months.

> > Dude, I didn't know that you were a Steeler fan!

> > You know I don't feel that way in general, but SBXL was a special
> > case, and most fans agreed with me. ?Even if you winnow out the
> > Seahawk homers (if Slick was a Seahawk fan, for instance) and the
> > Pittsburgh haters, according to the post game polls anywhere from 2/3
> > to 3/4 of fans polled thought the Hawks got hosed, bigtime. ?And it
> > wasn't just bad calls, but calls that occurred at critical points in
> > the game. ?Here's a team that is tied for the least amount of
> > penalties in the regular season, and they rack up 3/4 of the penalties
> > in the SB?

> > And just about every penalty came at a critical juncture--nullifying a
> > good play, eliminating good field position, taking away points.

> > I am guessing most Steelers fans had their beer goggles on during the
> > game, and won't accept what every one else in the country knew was
> > true.

> Let me add this: ?I probably hate Orrygun only marginally more than
> Oklahoma, but would you agree with me that OU got hosed during its
> last meeting with the Ducks? ?Likewise, did you hear me crying my eyes
> out when Locker got penalized for excessive celebration in the last
> seconds of the UW BYU game? ?No, you didn't despite the fact that I
> bleed purple and gold.

> So please don't call me a whining homer, I call them like I see them.- Hide quoted text -

> - Show quoted text -

you call them as a result of whining "group think"; instead of the
facts:

http://checkraise.com/rants2/archive3/xl.html

TWO SHOOTERS KILLED JFK!!