Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Sendek Q. Sende » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:29:15


Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Tonawanda Karde » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 10:41:45


Quote:
> Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

At least until the NCAA strips the Wolverines of these wins, of
course.

 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by barch.. » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:44:22



Quote:

> > Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

> At least until the NCAA strips the Wolverines of these wins, of
> course.

Err... you forgot. There was no reason for Beilein or boosters to pay
players to don the***and blue. Harris and Sims signed up before,
and no other recognized basketball school wanted the freshmen
shooters. Clemson played this game like they were going up against
some unknown Div II in preseason - just blow by the undersized slow
guys to the hoop. While I loathe giving credit to the skunkbears, they
seemed to block, deflect, or bother enough of the one on three moves
to wait for their three point shooting to catch up.

 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by GM Collin » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 22:25:47

Quote:

> Clemson player's accidental elbow: ejection.

Accidental? Really....
 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by xyzz » Sat, 21 Mar 2009 23:37:35


Quote:
> Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

Congrats Michigan, you've proved you're at least as good as Georgia
Tech.

Clemson's end of season collapse this year is probably karmic payback
for reaching the ACC final last year.

 I

 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Jon Ensli » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:00:08


Quote:



> > > Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

> > At least until the NCAA strips the Wolverines of these wins, of
> > course.

> Err... you forgot. There was no reason for Beilein or boosters to pay
> players to don the***and blue. Harris and Sims signed up before,
> and no other recognized basketball school wanted the freshmen
> shooters. Clemson played this game like they were going up against
> some unknown Div II in preseason - just blow by the undersized slow
> guys to the hoop. While I loathe giving credit to the skunkbears, they
> seemed to block, deflect, or bother enough of the one on three moves
> to wait for their three point shooting to catch up.

Beilein is really a hell of a coach.  When he gets a team full of his
type of guys out there in a couple of years, Michigan will be pretty
tough to beat.

Jon

 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Donnie Barne » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:32:45

Quote:


>> Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

> Congrats Michigan, you've proved you're at least as good as Georgia
> Tech.

> Clemson's end of season collapse this year is probably karmic payback
> for reaching the ACC final last year.

This year?  Look at their results for the last three or four years.
They are the only conference team that can make Duke's late season
collapses look not-so-bad.

--Donnie

--
http://www.carefreeway.com

 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by xyzz » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 00:59:31



Quote:


> >> Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

> > Congrats Michigan, you've proved you're at least as good as Georgia
> > Tech.

> > Clemson's end of season collapse this year is probably karmic payback
> > for reaching the ACC final last year.

> This year? ?Look at their results for the last three or four years.
> They are the only conference team that can make Duke's late season
> collapses look not-so-bad.

I had actually written sonething along those lines but I didn't feel I
could make it stick given their trip to the ACC final last year.
 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Dennis » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 01:02:07


solid matter, for crying out loud. Who knows what's happened to his
brain? Maybe it's scrambled his molecules...

Quote:


>>> Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

>> Congrats Michigan, you've proved you're at least as good as Georgia
>> Tech.

>> Clemson's end of season collapse this year is probably karmic payback
>> for reaching the ACC final last year.

>This year?  Look at their results for the last three or four years.
>They are the only conference team that can make Duke's late season
>collapses look not-so-bad.

TMML, and I don't like Bouncey ball.
---

"the Democrat and Republican parties are destroying our country right now,
  They're destroying our political process." -- Jesse Ventura

"Education is the progressive discover of our own Ignorance" Will Durant

"One can't have a sense of perspective without a sense of Humor" -- Wayne Thiboux

"the Glass is not only half full, it has been delicious so far!!" -- ME

To reply, SCRAPE off the end bits.

 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Geoffrey F. Gree » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 05:35:19

In article


Quote:


> >> Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

> > Congrats Michigan, you've proved you're at least as good as Georgia
> > Tech.

> > Clemson's end of season collapse this year is probably karmic payback
> > for reaching the ACC final last year.

> This year?  Look at their results for the last three or four years.
> They are the only conference team that can make Duke's late season
> collapses look not-so-bad.

Wow. Duke has a couple of poor postseasons in a row (and by that, I
mean two), and suddenly they're one of the posterchildren for
collapses?

 - geoff

 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Edward M. Kenned » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 05:51:25


Quote:
>> >> Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

>> > Congrats Michigan, you've proved you're at least as good as Georgia
>> > Tech.

>> > Clemson's end of season collapse this year is probably karmic payback
>> > for reaching the ACC final last year.

>> This year?  Look at their results for the last three or four years.
>> They are the only conference team that can make Duke's late season
>> collapses look not-so-bad.

> Wow. Duke has a couple of poor postseasons in a row (and by that, I
> mean two), and suddenly they're one of the posterchildren for
> collapses?

You'd think Duke could at least win an ACC tournament or
something.

--Tedward

 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Donnie Barne » Sun, 22 Mar 2009 12:57:43

Quote:

> In article




>> >> Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

>> > Congrats Michigan, you've proved you're at least as good as Georgia
>> > Tech.

>> > Clemson's end of season collapse this year is probably karmic payback
>> > for reaching the ACC final last year.

>> This year?  Look at their results for the last three or four years.
>> They are the only conference team that can make Duke's late season
>> collapses look not-so-bad.

> Wow. Duke has a couple of poor postseasons in a row (and by that, I
> mean two), and suddenly they're one of the posterchildren for
> collapses?

Postseasons?  I'm talking last half of the season, really.  Eight out of
their last twelve two years ago, six out of twelve last year, and a fairly
mediocre last half this year until getting a gimmee in this year's ACC
tourney.  Sure, this year still isn't over, either.

And no, they're not the posterchild.  Clemson is.  But if it weren't for
Clemson...  ;-)  Seriously, they're not a posterchild.  I just meant the
recent Duke ones.  But it was recent history we were talking about, not
all time.  You can't say Clemson ever had anyone complain about late-season
collapses until recently since they usually collapsed LONG before that.

--Donnie

--
http://www.carefreeway.com

 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Tonawanda Karde » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 06:25:14


Quote:




> > > > Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

> > > At least until the NCAA strips the Wolverines of these wins, of
> > > course.

> > Err... you forgot. There was no reason for Beilein or boosters to pay
> > players to don the***and blue. Harris and Sims signed up before,
> > and no other recognized basketball school wanted the freshmen
> > shooters. Clemson played this game like they were going up against
> > some unknown Div II in preseason - just blow by the undersized slow
> > guys to the hoop. While I loathe giving credit to the skunkbears, they
> > seemed to block, deflect, or bother enough of the one on three moves
> > to wait for their three point shooting to catch up.

> Beilein is really a hell of a coach.  When he gets a team full of his
> type of guys out there in a couple of years, Michigan will be pretty
> tough to beat.

IAWTP. He's taken four different schools to the NCAAs now. He can
coach.
 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Tonawanda Karde » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 06:26:01


Quote:


> > Also counting Michigan's win over Duke.

> Clemson player's accidental elbow: ejection.
> Michigan player's headbutt: no ejection.
> Michigan pokes Rivers' eye out: no foul.

Maybe Al Martin was there.
 
 
 

Big Ten now leads B10-ACC challenge with Michigan's win over Clempson

Post by Edward M. Kenned » Tue, 24 Mar 2009 06:44:29


Quote:
>>> > Congrats Michigan, you've proved you're at least as good as Georgia
>>> > Tech.

>>> > Clemson's end of season collapse this year is probably karmic payback
>>> > for reaching the ACC final last year.

>>> This year?  Look at their results for the last three or four years.
>>> They are the only conference team that can make Duke's late season
>>> collapses look not-so-bad.

>> Wow. Duke has a couple of poor postseasons in a row (and by that, I
>> mean two), and suddenly they're one of the posterchildren for
>> collapses?

> Postseasons?  I'm talking last half of the season, really.  Eight out of
> their last twelve two years ago, six out of twelve last year, and a fairly
> mediocre last half this year until getting a gimmee in this year's ACC
> tourney.

Take off your clown hat.  Duke finished 8-1 in its last 9 ACC
games with the UNC loss being perfectly understandable, and
they are 2-0 so far in the NCAA's.  Excuse us for not losing
to FSU like UNC did.

--Tedward