China's swimmers are drug free says FINA official

China's swimmers are drug free says FINA official

Post by jeffmi.. » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00


yeahhh...and FINA officials also had said similar things in Rome before
japanese cleverly caught and tested the chinese athletes offguard just as
they landed in Japan for 1994 Hiroshima Asian Games.

***Y RIDICULUOUSLY IMBECILE FINA OFFICIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read the following :

KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 16, 1997 - 1997 EST) - The world swimming body FINA has
again leaped to the defence of
China's swimmers over their new record breaking performances which have
raised new drug allegations.

"Until one swimmer is caught using the banned substance, we can't say
they are on ***. All I can say now is to congratulate them for a fine
performance," Eldon Godfrey, FINA bureau member, said at the world junior
diving championships in Penang, Bernama news agency reported.

"Athletes should enjoy his or her moment of success without anyone casting
doubt on their performance. Don't speculate
without without any proof," Godfrey added.

Australian swimming coach Don Talbot said last month that Chinese swimmers
are drug cheats and rejected attempts by the
world swimming governing body to defend China.

Talbot accused Chinese swimmers of doping, amid suspicions aroused after
Chinese swimmers set two world records and
other outstanding times at the Chinese National Games in Shanghai.

"I think the performance of China's swimmers in establishing records is
because of the many programs they have. The swimmers have great skill and
power to achieve that," the FINA bureau member said.

Godfrey said FINA had dedicated a lot of money and energy making the sport
drug-free, adding that they spent $460,000 in
1996 to conduct out-of-competition testings.

"Our desire is to see all of our four disciplines to be drug-free. We are
conducting testing on a random basis ... in and out of
competitions," said the FINA member.

"It's a big job and a costly affair if we want to conduct the test on our
own. Some of our affiliates have their own program and
we need the cooperation of all our members to make the sport clean," he
added.

On the proposal to have *** tests, Godfrey said he personally thought
that would not be a good idea at the moment due to various limitations,
including the accuracy and religious and cultural beliefs.

Seven Chinese swimmers failed drug tests at the 1994 Asian Games in Japan,
causing one of the biggest doping scandals in
sporting history.

-------------------==== Posted via Deja News ====-----------------------
      http://SportToday.org/;   Search, Read, Post to Usenet

 
 
 

China's swimmers are drug free says FINA official

Post by Martin William Smit » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

jeffmills, an imbecile,  writes:

Quote:
> yeahhh...and FINA officials also had said similar things in Rome before
> japanese cleverly caught and tested the chinese athletes offguard just as
> they landed in Japan for 1994 Hiroshima Asian Games.

> ***Y RIDICULUOUSLY IMBECILE FINA OFFICIALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> read the following :

> KUALA LUMPUR (Nov 16, 1997 - 1997 EST) - The world swimming body
> FINA has again leaped to the defence of China's swimmers over their
> new record breaking performances which have raised new drug
> allegations.

> "Until one swimmer is caught using the banned substance, we can't say
> they are on ***. All I can say now is to congratulate them for a fine
> performance," Eldon Godfrey, FINA bureau member, said at the world junior
> diving championships in Penang, Bernama news agency reported.

> "Athletes should enjoy his or her moment of success without anyone
> casting doubt on their performance. Don't speculate without without
> any proof," Godfrey added.

These quotes do not imply a leap to the defence of China's swimmers.
He is right to say what he did.  It is irresponsible to imply that a
swimmer has cheated without proof.

Quote:
> Australian swimming coach Don Talbot said last month that Chinese
> swimmers are drug cheats and rejected attempts by the world swimming
> governing body to defend China.

> Talbot accused Chinese swimmers of doping, amid suspicions aroused
> after Chinese swimmers set two world records and other outstanding
> times at the Chinese National Games in Shanghai.

Don Talbot should know better.  

Quote:
> On the proposal to have *** tests, Godfrey said he personally thought
> that would not be a good idea at the moment due to various limitations,
> including the accuracy and religious and cultural beliefs.

> Seven Chinese swimmers failed drug tests at the 1994 Asian Games in
> Japan, causing one of the biggest doping scandals in sporting
> history.

What is your solution to this problem?  How much money are you willing
to spend, and how much of your right to privacy are you willing to
surrender, and how much of your freedom to move about on your own
recognizance are you willing to forego so that no imbecile will
accuse you of cheating or spread doubts about you in rec.sport.swimming?

martin

--

P.O. Box 1034 Bekkajordet       Tel. : +47 330 35700
N-3194 HORTEN, Norway           Fax. : +47 330 35701