U.S. Swimming WWW Site

U.S. Swimming WWW Site

Post by Matt Farrel » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00


U.S. Swimming now has a WWW page. The address is:

http://www.usswim.org/usswim

U.S. Swimming is the national governing body of amateur swimming
in the United States. If you have questions or comments of USS,
then send them my way and I'll try to answer the best I can.

If you have comments or suggestions about our WWW page, please
send them my way as well.

Matt Farrell
U.S. Swimming Communications Coordinator

 
 
 

U.S. Swimming WWW Site

Post by Richard Osterbe » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

: Matt Farrell
: U.S. Swimming Communications Coordinator

Hmm... why doesn't the US Swimming Communications Coordinator have an
e-mail account on usswim.org? :-)

-Rick

--
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------+

 
 
 

U.S. Swimming WWW Site

Post by Matt Farrel » Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:00:00


Feel free to use either address.

 
 
 

U.S. Swimming WWW Site

Post by Bria » Sat, 28 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>U.S. Swimming now has a WWW page. The address is:

>http://www.usswim.org/usswim

>U.S. Swimming is the national governing body of amateur swimming
>in the United States. If you have questions or comments of USS,
>then send them my way and I'll try to answer the best I can.

>If you have comments or suggestions about our WWW page, please
>send them my way as well.

>Matt Farrell
>U.S. Swimming Communications Coordinator


When can we see up to date World Rankings on this site?
"Everthing about life is funny"
          -Monica Seles
 
 
 

U.S. Swimming WWW Site

Post by Fraz » Fri, 03 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hey folks: I don't know if this has been done, but....

Do you remember those tubes that contain lots of little lights running down the
length, normally seen with the a light running down the tube?  Wouldn't it be
neat if you could take one of those and connect it to a computer, which would
store the times of various swimmers (or personalised) so that you always had a
"pacing partner" to swim against?  Did you ever wonder just how far Denis
Pankratov was ahead of you?  You could track his times when he swims, store
them in the computer, and then play it back down the light tube.  You could
"virtually" race him in training.

Of course, you could set up the light speed to be, say 100m per minute, for
training purposes, or ideal split times for medley swimming.  What do you folks
think?  Useful or not?  Has it been done?

-Fraz-

*______  These views do not necessarily represent those of my employer  ______*
|                                                                             |

|Phone : +44 131 335 7803                R & D, Queensferry Microwave Division|
|Fax   : +44 131 335 7388                                  Hewlett-Packard Ltd|
*_____________________________________________________________________________*

 
 
 

U.S. Swimming WWW Site

Post by chri » Sat, 04 Nov 1995 04:00:00


perhaps even premeditated, and then, in a very wise voice, sed:

Quote:
>Hey folks: I don't know if this has been done, but....
>Do you remember those tubes that contain lots of little lights running down the
>length, normally seen with the a light running down the tube?  Wouldn't it be
>neat if you could take one of those and connect it to a computer, which would
>Of course, you could set up the light speed to be, say 100m per minute, for
>training purposes, or ideal split times for medley swimming.  What do you folks
>think?  Useful or not?  Has it been done?

It has indeed been done.  Don't exactly know if they are still in
business, but Pacer Products of Batavia, Illinois, USA produces just
such a machine.  Can be programmed to pace a swimmer for any race (50
to 1500/1650, short course or long course) at any pace, and can be
programmed to take into account the extra speed at the walls.

It's expensive, though.  Well, too expensive for my team, anyway.
$895 for the short course version.

They also make a product that measures how fast your swimmers get off
the block (that is, the time between the start "beep" and when the
feet actually leave the blocks) out the the thousandth of a second.

i am not connected in any way with pacer products and can't vouch for
how well either of these works, but i've always wanted the reaction
timer.

If you want, let me know, and i can get you their phone number,
address, whatever...

                 "YES!  is the answer."  -- John Lennon

                                chris