National USMS records broken

National USMS records broken

Post by Michael Moo » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00


The following USMS records were broken at the recent Pacific Masters
Championships:

1650 Free    27:33.86   75-79  Margery Meyer
1650 Free    18:18.53   40-44  Suzan Heim Bowen
800 Mx Free   7:44.80   35+    Walnut Creek Masters
400 IM        5:00.85   45-49  Danielle Orgier
200 ***    3:15.88   65-69  Ann Hirsch
200 ***    2:33.01   40-44  Dea Ann Joslin
100 IM        1:43.48   75-79  Margery Meyer
400 Fr Relay  3:47.02   35+    Walnut Creek Masters
100 Back      1:38.67   55-59  Donald Brown
200 Mx Fr Rly 1:53.61   55+    Tamalpias Aquatic Masters
400 Mx Md Rly 4:55.21   55+    Tamalpias Aquatic Masters
400 Mx Md Rly 3:57.46   35+    Walnut Creek Masters
400 Mx Md Rly 3:52.98   19+    Stanford Masters
400 Mx Md Rly 5:39.28   65+    Walnut Creek Masters
1000 Free    10:42.24   50-54  Tod Speiker
1000 Free    11:11.81   40-44  Margarite Meyer
500 Free      5:27.02   45-49  Laura Val

Congratualtions to all particpants at the Championships and a special
congrats to those who broke the records.

michael moore
http://SportToday.org/

 
 
 

National USMS records broken

Post by Mark Vaugha » Sun, 02 May 1999 04:00:00


22.ppp.hooked.net>:

Quote:
>The following USMS records were broken at the recent Pacific Masters
>Championships:

an impressive list, but one time stands out (to me anyway...)

Quote:
>100 IM        1:43.48   75-79  Margery Meyer

incredible!

Mark Vaughan

 
 
 

National USMS records broken

Post by David L Ba » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:


>22.ppp.hooked.net>:

>>The following USMS records were broken at the recent Pacific Masters
>>Championships:

>an impressive list, but one time stands out (to me anyway...)

>>100 IM        1:43.48   75-79  Margery Meyer

>incredible!

That is an incredible time.  There are many who struggle to swim that fast who
are twenty years younger!

 
 
 

National USMS records broken

Post by j_paq » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00


Quote:

>Wait a minute!!!  Margery Meyer got two, yes two masters records in
>the same meet in one sprint and one distance event! Hasn't she heard
>about slow twitch and fast twitch muscles? Also, one Margarite Meyer
>(a daughter?) picked up a record as well in the 1000 Free.  These are
>all truly awesome times. Many of these times are better than some
>times I see ***agers pulling down at age group meets, particularly in
>the longer events.-zzzzz

Yes, Margarite is Margery's daughter, and Margarite is in my
age group.  She certainly inherited all the good swimming
genes!  Margery has won several Pacific Masters Swimming
awards for her swimming, it's easy to see why.

Julie

 
 
 

National USMS records broken

Post by Swim Ph » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

The 55-59 backstroke information is completely wrong.  
* The men's 55-59 100 yard backstroke record is 1:01.56 by Steve Thrasher.
* Donald Brown is not in the 55-59 age group; he's about 63 (and swims much
faster than 1:38).
* 1:38 would not be arecord for the 100 yard back until the men's 85-89 age
group.

Phil

 
 
 

National USMS records broken

Post by Gary McDowe » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL FROM THE SOUTH .  WE WILL CERTAINLY TRY TO BREAK
SOME MORE AT SANTA CLARA.

GARY MCDOWELL, AWARDS CHAIRMAN
SOUTHERN PAC. MASTERS ASSOC.

 
 
 

National USMS records broken

Post by ELVINCEN » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00

<< 100 Back      1:38.67   55-59  Donald  >>

The age group or time must be wrong.

 
 
 

National USMS records broken

Post by Michael Moo » Tue, 04 May 1999 04:00:00


Quote:

> The 55-59 backstroke information is completely wrong.  
> * The men's 55-59 100 yard backstroke record is 1:01.56 by Steve Thrasher.
> * Donald Brown is not in the 55-59 age group; he's about 63 (and swims much
> faster than 1:38).
> * 1:38 would not be arecord for the 100 yard back until the men's 85-89 age
> group.

> Phil

You are right, I was doing it late at night and the left eye went up and
the right eye went down - Donald Brown is in the 65-69 Age group

100 Back      1:08.58    Donald Brown  Current record 1:09.74 by R Johnson

glad to know people are reading this

sorry I was incorrect

michael