TORS on 92 Exciter ll 570

TORS on 92 Exciter ll 570

Post by Terry DiTulli » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00


Has anyone successfully disconnected the Throttle Over Ride Switch on a 1992
E***r ll 570??  If so, could I get some pointers on how to do this?

TIA

Terry
--

 
 
 

TORS on 92 Exciter ll 570

Post by Gary St. Pete » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Unplug the wires going to the carbs and plug in the two wires from the
harness into each other.
Quote:

>Has anyone successfully disconnected the Throttle Over Ride Switch on a
1992
>E***r ll 570??  If so, could I get some pointers on how to do this?

>TIA

>Terry
>--


 
 
 

TORS on 92 Exciter ll 570

Post by Don » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I think the answer below is correct.  If you want a full story, go to
dejanews.com, do a power search on forums = *.snowmobiles, author =

explanation of the system and how to troubleshoot it.  If I remember
right. :)

-Don M

Quote:

> Unplug the wires going to the carbs and plug in the two wires from the
> harness into each other.

> >Has anyone successfully disconnected the Throttle Over Ride Switch on a
> 1992
> >E***r ll 570??  If so, could I get some pointers on how to do this?

> >TIA

> >Terry
> >--


 
 
 

TORS on 92 Exciter ll 570

Post by Markus10 » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Best bet, FIX THE SYSTEM.  It is easy to adjust correctly.  Local guy was
killed this past weekend with by a "riderless"  sled with a stuck throttle.
Like they say,  the life you save may be your own.

Markus.

Quote:
>Subject: Re: TORS on 92 E***r ll 570

>Date: 1/21/99 7:31 PM Eastern Standard Time

>I think the answer below is correct.  If you want a full story, go to
>dejanews.com, do a power search on forums = *.snowmobiles, author =

>explanation of the system and how to troubleshoot it.  If I remember
>right. :)

>-Don M


>> Unplug the wires going to the carbs and plug in the two wires from the
>> harness into each other.

>> >Has anyone successfully disconnected the Throttle Over Ride Switch on a
>> 1992
>> >E***r ll 570??  If so, could I get some pointers on how to do this?

>> >TIA

>> >Terry
>> >--

 
 
 

TORS on 92 Exciter ll 570

Post by Gary St. Pete » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I should have mentioned this in my post but I just wanted to give a quick
answer.  You should have something to stop a runaway sled.  In my experience
with TORS it can get VERY expensive to replace parts especially if the
switch in the throttle block is defective but how do you put a price on a
life?  Anyways if after the TORS is adjusted correctly and it turns out an
expensive part needs replacing and you don't want to pay the $$$, at least
get a tether switch (around $25).  If you get a Yamaha tether switch there
is a plug on the harness for easy installation.  My apologies for
inadvertantly promoting unsafe sledding.  Please e-mail privately for a
detailed description on how to adjust TORS if needed.

Gary
95 Vmax 600 LE

Quote:

>Best bet, FIX THE SYSTEM.  It is easy to adjust correctly.  Local guy was
>killed this past weekend with by a "riderless"  sled with a stuck throttle.
>Like they say,  the life you save may be your own.

>Markus.


>>> Unplug the wires going to the carbs and plug in the two wires from the
>>> harness into each other.

 
 
 

TORS on 92 Exciter ll 570

Post by Chester & Shirley Jobso » Fri, 29 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Has anyone successfully disconnected the Throttle Over Ride Switch on a 1992
> E***r ll 570??  If so, could I get some pointers on how to do this?

> TIA

> Terry
> --

  Just take the two wires coming off the carb and join them together and your
job is done,simple eh!!!