Arctic Cat opinion needed

Arctic Cat opinion needed

Post by Stephan Lalon » Tue, 09 Jan 1996 04:00:00


A friend of mine is thinking of buying a new '94 Prowler 2-Up.  It was a left
over in a dealer's show room.  The machine would come with a full year
warranty since it is still brand new.  The dealer wants $5200 Canadian for it
(plus tax of course).

Can any one give me an opinion on this machine/price etc...  I have never
looked to far into the world of Arctic Cat...

Stephan Lalonde
'96 Formula SLS
'81 Yamaha SS440 (without a clutch at this time)

 
 
 

Arctic Cat opinion needed

Post by Scott Will » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Can any one give me an opinion on this machine/price etc...  I have never
>looked to far into the world of Arctic Cat...

        Now is a good time to start looking into Arctic Cat, don't you think?

Quote:
>Stephan Lalonde
>'96 Formula SLS
>'81 Yamaha SS440 (without a clutch at this time)

----------------------------------------------------------------

'96 ZRT600 Mountain Cat for me,
'96 ZRT600 Mountain Cat for the wife.
Northern Utah
(Should've bought her a Powder Special)
----------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Arctic Cat opinion needed

Post by Jeff Bart » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> A friend of mine is thinking of buying a new '94 Prowler 2-Up.  It was a left
> over in a dealer's show room.  The machine would come with a full year
> warranty since it is still brand new.  The dealer wants $5200 Canadian for it
> (plus tax of course).

> Can any one give me an opinion on this machine/price etc...  I have never
> looked to far into the world of Arctic Cat...

> Stephan Lalonde
> '96 Formula SLS
> '81 Yamaha SS440 (without a clutch at this time)

 THe Prowler 2 up......I believe that is the 440 LC engine. In my opinion this
motor is bulletproof. I have a friend who has a 93 prowler....no problems what
so ever. If your friend is looking to ride 2 people all the time this may be a
bit small though. Of course for me a Wildcat 2 up would be too small too. I
**HATE** riding two up. THe price you quoted sound great!!!! I would have
thought canadian funds would be more than that. Sounds like a good deal if he
is looking for that type of sled.

jeff b.

 
 
 

Arctic Cat opinion needed

Post by Patrick Cron » Fri, 12 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I've got a '94 Prowler 2-up, it replaced a '92 Prowler 2-up that had 3600
miles on it.  The '94 is better than the '92 because it has EFI, a larger
fuel tank and the overload springs on the slide rails.  My sled was
leased to the MN DNR, I bought it for $3800 with 450 miles, no warranty.  
This sled is driven mainly by my wife and kids, very easy for them to use
because of EFI (very low throttle effort), electric start, and reverse.  
I did have some problems with cold soak starting, the engine would flood
very quickly and not start.  I finally figured out that if you hold the
throttle open when the engine is not running the fuel is shut off, then
you can start it (this has only happened occationally). This sled now has
3200 miles on it, I had a bearing fail in one of the idlers on the rear
axle, and the gas gauge fell off into the tank.  I did take it in when I
had the flooding problem, and the dealer put in a leaner chip at no
charge.  One thing that bugs me about the prowler chassis is how hard it
is to get at anything if you did have to fix it.