International Skating Challenge spoiler

International Skating Challenge spoiler

Post by Janice Schne » Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:41:01


The results are here:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/7426610.htm

Spoiler Space

Women's:

Kwan
Arakawa
Cohen
Robinson
Kirk
McDonough
Sokolova

Men's
Plushenko
Buttle
Weiss
Goebel
Janice
"Alias" Fan - Spydaddy rocks!

"Kwan uses her body as a form of communication that links her to the music, the
audience and the ice." Elaine Anderson, Reno Gazette-Journal  7/25/02

 
 
 

International Skating Challenge spoiler

Post by Barbara Hoffma » Sun, 07 Dec 2003 13:56:56

Quote:

> The results are here:
> http://SportToday.org/

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

[Ladies snipped]

Quote:
> Men's
> Plushenko
> Buttle
> Weiss
> Goebel
> Janice

Sorry you came in last, Janice.  Better luck next year.

Barbara
---
"*That* was an unfortunate mess." -*** Button

 
 
 

International Skating Challenge spoiler

Post by Janice Schne » Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:03:18

Quote:
>> Janice

>Sorry you came in last, Janice.  Better luck next year.

>Barbara

But it was the men's competition ... I get bonus points for at least trying.
Right?

Janice
"Alias" Fan - Spydaddy rocks!

"Kwan uses her body as a form of communication that links her to the music, the
audience and the ice." Elaine Anderson, Reno Gazette-Journal  7/25/02

 
 
 

International Skating Challenge spoiler

Post by Barbara Hoffma » Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:13:03

Quote:
> >Sorry you came in last, Janice.  Better luck next year.
> But it was the men's competition ... I get bonus points for
> at least trying.   Right?

Absolutely.  But weren't the guys in the dressing room a little suspicious?
You had to be the only one in white boots.

Barbara
---
"*That* was an unfortunate mess." -*** Button

 
 
 

International Skating Challenge spoiler

Post by Janice Schne » Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:23:45

Quote:
>> >Sorry you came in last, Janice.  Better luck next year.

>> But it was the men's competition ... I get bonus points for
>> at least trying.   Right?

>Absolutely.  But weren't the guys in the dressing room a little suspicious?
>You had to be the only one in white boots.

>Barbara
>---
>"*That* was an unfortunate mess." -*** Button

Dead give away, but I explained that my boots were re-routed to Singapore.
They bought that. Now the skating outfit was a little harder to explain...

Janice
"Alias" Fan - Spydaddy rocks!

"Kwan uses her body as a form of communication that links her to the music, the
audience and the ice." Elaine Anderson, Reno Gazette-Journal  7/25/02

 
 
 

International Skating Challenge spoiler

Post by Ronald Narcis » Sun, 07 Dec 2003 15:04:31


Quote:
> The results are here:

> http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/7426610.htm

> Spoiler Space

> Women's:

> Kwan
> Arakawa
> Cohen
> Robinson
> Kirk
> McDonough
> Sokolova
> [...]

Sounds like this was a messy event.  Kwan is still having lutz problems,
Cohen fell three times, Sokolova didn't land a clean triple, everyone had
some kind of pop or fall... Yikes!  Hopefully the ladies can sort things out
before their respective Nationals and Worlds.  :)

Ronald
--

(remove the extra "m" in my e-mail address to reply to me)

 
 
 

International Skating Challenge spoiler

Post by Janice Schne » Sun, 07 Dec 2003 21:56:47

Spoiler

Space

Quote:
>Sounds like this was a messy event.  Kwan is still having lutz problems,
>Cohen fell three times, Sokolova didn't land a clean triple, everyone had
>some kind of pop or fall... Yikes!  Hopefully the ladies can sort things out
>before their respective Nationals and Worlds.  :)

>Ronald
>--

>(remove the extra "m" in my e-mail address to reply to me)

According to those who were there, a major amount of falls occurred on one
particular section of ice, including Michelles lutz and Sasha's three mishaps.

Janice
"Alias" Fan - Spydaddy rocks!

"Kwan uses her body as a form of communication that links her to the music, the
audience and the ice." Elaine Anderson, Reno Gazette-Journal  7/25/02

 
 
 

International Skating Challenge spoiler

Post by Yoshik » Mon, 08 Dec 2003 01:02:58

Sounds like this was a messy event.  Kwan is still having lutz problems,

Quote:
> Cohen fell three times, Sokolova didn't land a clean triple, everyone had
> some kind of pop or fall... Yikes!  Hopefully the ladies can sort things
out
> before their respective Nationals and Worlds.  :)

> Ronald
> --


Maybe they were slacking off because it was a 'non-prize money' event??

Just kidding...

 
 
 

International Skating Challenge spoiler

Post by DebSays » Mon, 08 Dec 2003 06:22:21

Quote:
>According to those who were there, a major amount of falls occurred on one
>particular section of ice, including Michelles lutz and Sasha's three
>mishaps.

Actually Sasha fell at both ends of the ice.  The after-skate interviews with
Peter Carruthers were broadcast in the arena and Sasha complained about the
"wet ice"