4C's Women's FP Results

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by <ml2ha.. » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00


SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

.
.
.
.
These are from the CFSA page:

Top 14 - Final Results after free skate:
1 Tatiana MALININA  UZB 1.5 1 1
2 Amber CORWIN  USA 3.0 2 2
3 Angela NIKODINOV  USA 5.0 4 3
4 Erin PEARL  USA 5.5 3 4
5 Fumie SUGURI  JPN 7.5 5 5
6 Shizuka ARAKAWA  JPN 9.5 7 6
7 Jennifer ROBINSON  CAN 11.5 9 7
8 Anastasiya GIMAZETDINOVA  UZB 12.0 8 8
9 Joanne CARTER  AUS 13.0 6 10
10 Angela DEROCHIE  CAN 15.5 13 9
11 Yuka KANAZAWA  JPN 16.0 10 11
12 Annie BELLEMARE  CAN 18.0 12 12
13 Shirene HUMAN  RSA 18.5 11 13
14 Meijia LU  CHN 22.0 14 15

Guess the Canadian Ladies managed to pull something out of a hat and the
SP top 4 wasn't a fluke.

Toodles
Martha

************************************************************
   It is as possible for a man to know something without
   having been at school, as it is to have been at school
   and know nothing.       -- Henry Fielding, "Tom Jones"

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by rnarc.. » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00


Quote:

> SPOILER

> SPOILER

> SPOILER

> .
> .
> .
> .
> These are from the CFSA page:

> Top 14 - Final Results after free skate:
> 1 Tatiana MALININA  UZB 1.5 1 1
> 2 Amber CORWIN  USA 3.0 2 2
> 3 Angela NIKODINOV  USA 5.0 4 3
> 4 Erin PEARL  USA 5.5 3 4
> 5 Fumie SUGURI  JPN 7.5 5 5
> 6 Shizuka ARAKAWA  JPN 9.5 7 6
> 7 Jennifer ROBINSON  CAN 11.5 9 7
> 8 Anastasiya GIMAZETDINOVA  UZB 12.0 8 8
> 9 Joanne CARTER  AUS 13.0 6 10
> 10 Angela DEROCHIE  CAN 15.5 13 9
> 11 Yuka KANAZAWA  JPN 16.0 10 11
> 12 Annie BELLEMARE  CAN 18.0 12 12
> 13 Shirene HUMAN  RSA 18.5 11 13
> 14 Meijia LU  CHN 22.0 14 15

> Guess the Canadian Ladies managed to pull something out of a hat and the
> SP top 4 wasn't a fluke.

Wow.  Good for Tatiana, and great to see that all the U.S. ladies held their
own.  I wonder if Nikodinov's showing is good enough to secure her place on
the world c'ships team...

Thanks for the update,
Ronald
--

Skating page ======== http://members.tripod.com/~rnarciso/skating.html

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own    

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by PosterBo » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00


Quote:


>> These are from the CFSA page:

14 - Final Results after free skate:

Quote:
>> Guess the Canadian Ladies managed to pull something out of a hat and the
>> SP top 4 wasn't a fluke.

>Wow.  Good for Tatiana, and great to see that all the U.S. ladies held
their
>own.  I wonder if Nikodinov's showing is good enough to secure her place on
>the world c'ships team...

    I would hope so.  Even against this weak a field, ANY podium spot in '99
is a good result for
Angela.  (But don't forget "It's all about the money.")

Cheers.

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by TSesle » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:



> > SPOILER

> > SPOILER

> > SPOILER

> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > These are from the CFSA page:

> > Top 14 - Final Results after free skate:
> > 1 Tatiana MALININA  UZB 1.5 1 1
> > 2 Amber CORWIN  USA 3.0 2 2
> > 3 Angela NIKODINOV  USA 5.0 4 3
> > 4 Erin PEARL  USA 5.5 3 4
> > 5 Fumie SUGURI  JPN 7.5 5 5
> > 6 Shizuka ARAKAWA  JPN 9.5 7 6
> > 7 Jennifer ROBINSON  CAN 11.5 9 7
> > 8 Anastasiya GIMAZETDINOVA  UZB 12.0 8 8
> > 9 Joanne CARTER  AUS 13.0 6 10
> > 10 Angela DEROCHIE  CAN 15.5 13 9
> > 11 Yuka KANAZAWA  JPN 16.0 10 11
> > 12 Annie BELLEMARE  CAN 18.0 12 12
> > 13 Shirene HUMAN  RSA 18.5 11 13
> > 14 Meijia LU  CHN 22.0 14 15

> > Guess the Canadian Ladies managed to pull something out of a hat and the
> > SP top 4 wasn't a fluke.

> Wow.  Good for Tatiana, and great to see that all the U.S. ladies held their
> own.  I wonder if Nikodinov's showing is good enough to secure her place on
> the world c'ships team...

Uh, don't you mean Corwin?

I thought the WC team had already been decided -- Kwan, Nikodinov, and Hughes

Has the USFSA ever done such a thing before?  That is, name a team, and then
change the list of entrants because of the results of a competition that took
place between the US Championships and the WCs?

Honestly, I think Corwin might be better choice than Hughes, in terms of being a
more well-rounded skater, but Hughes _did_ earn her spot when it counted.
Besides, if Hughes does bomb-out, it may not end up affecting the number of
skaters that can be sent the following year.

Tracey

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> Thanks for the update,
> Ronald
> --

> Skating page ======== http://members.tripod.com/~rnarciso/skating.html

> -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
> http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by PosterBo » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:


>> In article


Quote:

>> Wow.  Good for Tatiana, and great to see that all the U.S. ladies held
their
>> own.  I wonder if Nikodinov's showing is good enough to secure her place
on
>> the world c'ships team...

>Uh, don't you mean Corwin?

>I thought the WC team had already been decided -- Kwan, Nikodinov, and
Hughes

>Has the USFSA ever done such a thing before?  That is, name a team, and
then
>change the list of entrants because of the results of a competition that
took
>place between the US Championships and the WCs?

     Uh, Tracey....
      I think you missed the post here..I believe from Sandra
Loosemore...which said:
  ">> I have heard that the USFSA is not "letting" Nikodinov go to 4

Quote:
>> Continents, they have *told* her to go there and that she needs to
>> skate better at 4Cs than she did at Nationals if she wants to go to
>> Worlds.  Apparently the folks on the international committee were not
>> impressed by her practices and her dreadful short program in SLC and
>> made her appointment on the World team conditional on shaping up.  I
>> do not know who they would name to the team if they pull her out, or
>> if they have even thought that far ahead.  Pearl or Corwin, if either
>> of them does better than Nikodinov at 4Cs?  Bobek seems like a very
>> remote possibility at this point.  Maybe they would just leave the slot
>> vacant, like last year?  Who knows."
>Honestly, I think Corwin might be better choice than Hughes, in terms of
being a
>more well-rounded skater, but Hughes _did_ earn her spot when it counted.

   Uh, Tracey......
   When it counts is when USFSA says it counts...not a minute earlier, nor a
minute later!!

Quote:
>Besides, if Hughes does bomb-out, it may not end up affecting the number of
>skaters that can be sent the following year.

    "May" is sorta like "coulda..woulda" and is a somewhat risky gamble,
don't you think? <g>

Cheers.

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by Sarah Kat » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>SPOILER

>SPOILER

>SPOILER

>.
>.
>.
>.
>These are from the CFSA page:

>Top 14 - Final Results after free skate:
>1 Tatiana MALININA  UZB 1.5 1 1

Wow, that's great for Tatiana.  It's always nice to see someone like her out
there proving that you don't have to be a ***ager to be competitive in
ladies' skating and that you can improve with age.  I'm not thrilled with
her actual skating, since too much of the time it's crossover, crossover,
jump, but she does have nice posture.  I'm hoping that with the money she
won in the Grand Prix series and Four Continents, she'll get a choreographer
to work with her on creating an attractive, complex program.

Sarah Katz

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by Tracey Sesle » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Looks like I did miss that post.  Everything makes much more sense now.
My bad. :-(

So does anyone actually know how well Angela and Amber skated relative
to their performances at Nationals?  And, for that matter, relative to
Tatiana? (ie, was there a large or small gap between Tatiana and the
rest of the pack?)

Tracey

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by Brad Mille » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Note to self:  Four Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Four is the proper number of
repetitions........

I just wanted to shout from the "RSSIF Rooftops" how happy I am for, anf how
I proud I am of, Amber!!!

I would "weigh in" with my thoughts on World Team assignments, but I don't
see any value in possibly starting a debate in which I have no hope in hell
of being even slightly objective.  :-)

Have a great weekend, all!!!!

Brad
http://www.ambercorwin.com

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by Oscark » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Anyone have a report on what jumps Amber, Angela, and Erin did?  It's nice that
they went 2,3,4.  Wonder if Erin got knocked down because of the leg wrap or
just for the lack of a Flip, and Lutz?
 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by DesertRo » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>Top 14 - Final Results after free skate:
>1 Tatiana MALININA  UZB 1.5 1 1
>2 Amber CORWIN  USA 3.0 2 2
>3 Angela NIKODINOV  USA 5.0 4 3

All right Tatiana!  Take your gold to Worlds and leave Worlds with another
medal!  Yahoo!

I'm very pleased with Amber, Angela and Erin.  The American ladies are taking
up top spots, even when Michelle isn't competing.  Hope this is shown on
regular TV.

RSSIF sig: DesertRoaz, Tatiana Malinina uber-fan

BTVS sig: "I am twice the fool it takes" -Xander

New stuff on my website, www.expage.com/page/desertroaz  

(delete mondenom to reply)

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by DesertRo » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>I'm not thrilled with
>her actual skating, since too much of the time it's crossover, crossover,
>jump, but she does have nice posture.  I'm hoping that with the money she
>won in the Grand Prix series and Four Continents, she'll get a choreographer
>to work with her on creating an attractive, complex program.

I agree with you...I think Tatiana is a talented enough skater to be able to do
great work with a well choreographed program.   :-)

RSSIF sig: DesertRoaz, Tatiana Malinina uber-fan

BTVS sig: "I am twice the fool it takes" -Xander

New stuff on my website, www.expage.com/page/desertroaz  

(delete mondenom to reply)

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by Margaret Burwe » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> So does anyone actually know how well Angela and Amber skated relative
> to their performances at Nationals?  And, for that matter, relative to
> Tatiana? (ie, was there a large or small gap between Tatiana and the
> rest of the pack?)

        She must have skated well because Angela Derochie, after placing
13th in the short, was 9th in the long and pulled up to end in the top 10.

Marg

 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by Albert H. Dobyn » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:


> >Top 14 - Final Results after free skate:
> >1 Tatiana MALININA  UZB 1.5 1 1
> >2 Amber CORWIN  USA 3.0 2 2
> >3 Angela NIKODINOV  USA 5.0 4 3

> All right Tatiana!  Take your gold to Worlds and leave Worlds with another
> medal!  Yahoo!

> I'm very pleased with Amber, Angela and Erin.  The American ladies are taking
> up top spots, even when Michelle isn't competing.  Hope this is shown on
> regular TV.

Yeah, it's nice to see a number of American women place
as high as they did.  For me, I'm just glad that Angela
made it to 3rd place.  During the showing of this on tv
they announced that Angela has a new coach.  Does anyone
have anymore info on this?
Curious Al
 
 
 

4C's Women's FP Results

Post by JennWa12 » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

 During the showing of this on tv
they announced that Angela has a new coach.  Does anyone have anymore info on
this?<<

I think she is training with Kristy Ness now.