4C's coverage on NBC...

4C's coverage on NBC...

Post by John Lynke » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00


So the first 3 minutes have to cover basketball...notably Dennis Rodman!
...just when I thought we'd had enough of Dennis (the new-improved menace!)

In this age of cross-over sports, what do you think? Dennis Rodman in a TuTu
center ice, head high, hair colored in like a new age barber pole so when he spins
well...you get the idea...

<smirk>
J

 
 
 

4C's coverage on NBC...

Post by Trudi Marrapo » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00


Quote:

> So the first 3 minutes have to cover basketball...notably Dennis Rodman!
> ...just when I thought we'd had enough of Dennis (the new-improved menace!)

Well, I'm thankful for what I get, I guess. Last night, when ESPN was
about to broadcast the Euros coverage, I was just puttering with something
in the kitchen, about to go in and watch the TV, when I heard a
LOOOOOOOUD, COMPLETELY OBNOXIOUS ALARM sounding from the vicinity of my
living room, like nothing I had ever heard before in my life.

No smoke alarm in there. Didn't sound like a smoke alarm anyway. It
sounded like a burglar alarm, or some alarm that would sound if the
Russians had decided to attack us, Cold War or no.

I ran into the living room. What did I find but that my TV screen, which
had been about to show skating, was now blue and covered with a
computer-generated message announcing to me that my cable company had
chosen this very moment to conduct a test of the Emergency Broadcast
System!

The screen instructed me to tune in to Channel 6 for more information. I
passed. Fortunately, so did this episode, and the screen was clear again
in time for Krylova & Ovsiannikov to start their free dance.

If that hadn't been the case, there would have been hell to pay, let me
tell you.
--
Trudi

"If the Teletubby craze continues, it is inevitable that at some future date, there will be a Teletubby live show that will be scheduled to play at the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena...probably on ice."
--Gene Gray, entertainment columnist, Binghamton Press & Sun-Bulletin

 
 
 

4C's coverage on NBC...

Post by John Lynke » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
>I ran into the living room. What did I find but that my TV screen, which
>had been about to show skating, was now blue and covered with a
>computer-generated message announcing to me that my cable company had
>chosen this very moment to conduct a test of the Emergency Broadcast
>System!

My idea of an Emergency Broadcast System is one that automatically
finds and tapes figure skating events, pauses during commercials
and pays all my bills so I can work on really important things...

J

 
 
 

4C's coverage on NBC...

Post by Ruth Lafle » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> >I ran into the living room. What did I find but that my TV screen, which
> >had been about to show skating, was now blue and covered with a
> >computer-generated message announcing to me that my cable company had
> >chosen this very moment to conduct a test of the Emergency Broadcast
> >System!

> My idea of an Emergency Broadcast System is one that automatically
> finds and tapes figure skating events, pauses during commercials
> and pays all my bills so I can work on really important things...

> J

ROFL! Welcome to RSSIF, John!

--Ruth