"New Trolling Point System"

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Fiona McQuarri » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00


If we can convert this  (borrowed from alt.showbiz.gossip)
to a 6-point
scale, might this be adaptable to our
Troll Judges?

I must admit, however, that I am suspicious of the ITA's location in
Paris, France. EIther (1) this has also been "moved" from Australia, or
(2) Poddy (who comes from France. Paris, France) is involved.

Cheers, Fiona

:>International Trolling Association
:>Paris, France
:>September 21, 1999
:>
:>For immediate release:
:>
:>The new Trolling Point System for Trolls has been approved by the
:>Central Troll Committee for Troll Standards and Procedures.  The new
:>TROLL POINT SYSTEM (TPS) will take effect on October 1, 1999.
:>
:>10 points   Killfile:  Being Killfiled is the highest honor and the most
:>points a Troll can achieve.  It  represents complete victory and
:>indicates that the Troll has performed on a MASTER TROLL level.
:>
:>9 points   Complaint to Trolls ISP:  While not as good as being
:>killfiled, a complaint to a Trolls ISP indicates that once again the
:>TROLL has struck hard and deep.
:>
:>8 points   Death Threat:  Another indication of a Master Troll at Work.
:>The death threat is firm proof that the Troll has cut to the bone and
:>left his victim (the fish) floundering and gasping for air.
:>
:>7 points   Personal Verbal Attack:  A personal verbal attack on a Troll
:>in response to a trolling post indicates that the Troll has riled and
:>disturbed the fish in question.
:>
:>6 points   Plea to Ignore Troll:  A Plea from a Forum Group member to
:>other group regulars to ignore the Troll in question is a sure sign that
:>the Troll is doing his/her sport with proficiency.
:>
:>5 points   Killfile response:  When a poster who has claimed to have
:>KILLFILED a particular Troll, then responds to another Post by the Troll
:>in question, rates a solid 5 points for the Trolls ability to snag a
:>hypocritical fish.
:>
:>4 points   Logical response:  A person who responds to a Troll trying to
:>use logic and reason to rebut a Troll is worth 4 points for such
:>stupidity as to think a Troll cares about what they have to say.
:>
:>3 points   10+ individual responses:  When a post by a Troll gets at
:>least 10 responses from 10 different individuals.
:>
:>2 points   Positive response: If a Troll gets a positive response such
:>as ROFLOL: LOL: Great Post, etc.
:>
:>1 point    Any type of response at all.

: --

: Lex

 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Dave Amord » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>If we can convert this  (borrowed from alt.showbiz.gossip)
>to a 6-point
>scale, might this be adaptable to our
>Troll Judges?

>I must admit, however, that I am suspicious of the ITA's location in
>Paris, France. EIther (1) this has also been "moved" from Australia, or
>(2) Poddy (who comes from France. Paris, France) is involved.

>Cheers, Fiona

Is it time one again for another International Trolling Contest? Troll
Judging, RSSIF style:

0.5 The troll's first post generates a "New to this group?" post from
Posterboy.

1.0 The troll manages to rally at least 10 rssif-ers into battle - drawing
at least 25% support; and extra .5 for > 50%

2.0 The troll causes a 25+ round exchange between itself and Kaiju. A .5
bonus if the troll gets the last word.

3.0 The troll causes, but doesn't start, a "what can we do about ""troll""
thread. A .5 deduction if only a single post, .5 bonus for getting at least
5 posts.

4.0 The troll so infuriates another troll, that the second troll "finds God"
and becomes a respected poster.

5.0  The collective power of the newsgroup has the poster booted from their
ISP.

5.5 The troll provokes a regular, "respected member" into "Internet
Suicide" - and they stay dead.

6.0 The suicide poster is Janet Swan Hill or Sandra Loosemore.

-0.5 Nobody responds to one of the troll's posts.

-1.0 Nobody responds but ChuckG.

-Dave-

 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Kaij » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> 2.0 The troll causes a 25+ round exchange between itself and Kaiju. A .5
> bonus if the troll gets the last word.

Baseline score is too low.  I don't give trolls that much leeway...unless it
is Chuckie or Che AND I'm bored while online downloading large files.  I lose
interest in anyone else way before then, and let them have several last words
in the bargain.

Quote:
> 4.0 The troll so infuriates another troll, that the second troll "finds God"
> and becomes a respected poster.

Nah.  The first troll gets triple bonus points if he/she gets drunk while
posting and "finds God".

Quote:
> 5.5 The troll provokes a regular, "respected member" into "Internet
> Suicide" - and they stay dead.

This one goes off the scale.  It will never happen.

Quote:
> 6.0 The suicide poster is Janet Swan Hill or Sandra Loosemore.

It will never happen.  Worthy of a 6.0.  Or maybe even a 6.1.

Quote:

> -0.5 Nobody responds to one of the troll's posts.

Yarite.

Quote:
> -1.0 Nobody responds but ChuckG.

Now this one is easily worth a +10 point bonus if nobody responds to Chuckie's
response to the troll who says anything remotely unfavorable about Tara.

Kaiju <the evilly honest...>

--

Before you think, think.

 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Chuck » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Quote:
> Am I the only person around this place who is thinking "just leave Chuck
> alone"?

Nope.  :-)

Quote:
> The ribbing is just getting to be a little too much.?

> Funny - yup. But at the expense of someone's feelings, not so....?

I think they're subscribing to the Mel Brooks theory of comedy -- "Tragedy
is when I cut my finger.  Comedy is when you fall through an open sewer and
die."

--
Chuckg

Webmaster, Unofficial ISU Parody Archive
http://isuparody.freeservers.com

 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by SStoonc » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Am I the only person around this place who is thinking "just leave Chuck
alone"?

The ribbing is just getting to be a little too much.?

Funny - yup. But at the expense of someone's feelings, not so....?

Toonces (the driving cat)

 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Prodigio » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Am I the only person around this place who is thinking "just leave Chuck
> alone"?

> The ribbing is just getting to be a little too much.?

> Funny - yup. But at the expense of someone's feelings, not so....?

> Toonces (the driving cat)

Chuck has his difficulties, but he also has a wonderful,
self-depricating sense of humor. He knows, as we all do, that he's the
easiest fish in the pond.

-Dave-

 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Prodigio » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:


> > 2.0 The troll causes a 25+ round exchange between itself and Kaiju. A .5
> > bonus if the troll gets the last word.

> Baseline score is too low.  I don't give trolls that much leeway...unless it
> is Chuckie or Che AND I'm bored while online downloading large files.  I lose
> interest in anyone else way before then, and let them have several last words
> in the bargain.

It's just a "placeholder," dear - it's the ordinals that count!  ;-)

Quote:
> > 4.0 The troll so infuriates another troll, that the second troll "finds God"
> > and becomes a respected poster.

> Nah.  The first troll gets triple bonus points if he/she gets drunk while
> posting and "finds God".

Quadruple points if he reveals the true identity of Hogdoddle. A perfect
6.0 if, after learning Hoggie's ID, he keeps it to himself.

Quote:

> > 5.5 The troll provokes a regular, "respected member" into "Internet
> > Suicide" - and they stay dead.

> This one goes off the scale.  It will never happen.

I'm a tough, old-fashioned judge.

Quote:
> > 6.0 The suicide poster is Janet Swan Hill or Sandra Loosemore.

> It will never happen.  Worthy of a 6.0.  Or maybe even a 6.1.

That's the whole idea. Perfection should nearly impossible to attain.

Quote:

> > -0.5 Nobody responds to one of the troll's posts.

> Yarite.

> > -1.0 Nobody responds but ChuckG.

> Now this one is easily worth a +10 point bonus if nobody responds to Chuckie's
> response to the troll who says anything remotely unfavorable about Tara.

> Kaiju <the evilly honest...>

Ya got me.  

Quote:

> --

> Before you think, think.

I tried, but forgot, so I tried again, and....huh?

-Dave-

 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by cglas.. » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00



Quote:

> > Am I the only person around this place who is thinking "just leave
> > Chuck alone"?

> > The ribbing is just getting to be a little too much.?

> > Funny - yup. But at the expense of someone's feelings, not so....?

> > Toonces (the driving cat)

> Chuck has his difficulties, but he also has a wonderful,
> self-deprecating sense of humor.

Which does not, however, extend far enough to actuall like some of
this, err, "stuff".

Quote:
> He knows, as we all do, that he's the easiest fish in the pond.

Accepting solely for the sake of argument that I'm the easiest target
in RSSIF, the question then becomes "Since when was it nice to
deliberately step on easy targets?"

--
Chuckg

Webmaster, Unofficial ISU Parody Archive
http://isuparody.freeservers.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Smallovian Insid » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Quote:

>Am I the only person around this place who is thinking "just leave Chuck
>alone"?

>The ribbing is just getting to be a little too much.?

>Funny - yup. But at the expense of someone's feelings, not so....?

Having been hounded by ChuckG and accused of all kinds of motives I never
possessed, I say ChuckG has earned whatever intensity of teasing he's getting.

Peg

==


 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Kaij » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:



> >Am I the only person around this place who is thinking "just leave Chuck
> >alone"?

> >The ribbing is just getting to be a little too much.?

> >Funny - yup. But at the expense of someone's feelings, not so....?

> Having been hounded by ChuckG and accused of all kinds of motives I never
> possessed, I say ChuckG has earned whatever intensity of teasing he's getting.

Not to mention considering his penchant for playing the victim when he loses
an argument while still receiving no sympathy except from the same two
persons, he is definitely open to teasing.  It's remarkable watching him go
into that act even when nobody has attacked him.  All the same, any vaguely
unfavorable post about Chuckie is going to lead to Chuckie's posts...followed
by Chuckie whining that he's being victimized.

Boring.

Kaiju

--

Before you think, think.

 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Podium » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
>5.5 The troll provokes a regular, "respected member" into "Internet
>Suicide" - and they stay dead.

>6.0 The suicide poster is Janet Swan Hill or Sandra Loosemore.

>-0.5 Nobody responds to one of the troll's posts.

>-1.0 Nobody responds but ChuckG.

>-Dave-

>you should beg then at work to give you a new project to work on. my, god even

i have more important things to do than this./
 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Podium » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
>Mel Brooks theory of comedy -- "Tragedy
>is when I cut my finger.  Comedy is when you fall through an open sewer and
>die."

>--
>Chuckg

LOL  KEEP POSTING THIS PLACE IS SO DULL. I WILL HAVE MORE TIME TO STUR THINGS
UP WHEN I GET BACK HOME.
 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Podium » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
>The ribbing is just getting to be a little too much.?

>Funny - yup. But at the expense of someone's feelings, not so....?

>Toonces (the driving cat)

>  here every thing is over kill.  but if not for the trolls this place would

be dead.  
 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by Podium » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
>posts...followed
>by Chuckie whining that he's being victimized.

>Boring.

>Kaiju

>--ITS YOU WHO ARE BORING. WITH ALL YOUR MACHO BILL YOU MUST BE A MAN.

 
 
 

"New Trolling Point System"

Post by colet » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00


] :>10 points   Killfile:  Being Killfiled is the highest honor and the most
] :>points a Troll can achieve.  It  represents complete victory and
] :>indicates that the Troll has performed on a MASTER TROLL level.

This makes no sense to me. I disagree completely.
Getting killfiled is easy. People are quick on the
draw with that one. The most masterful trolls are
the ones who *keep* you on the hook for the longest
time. It takes a masterful manipulator to keep you
coming back at the bait over and over again. If you
stop taking their bait, you're lost to them. It's
like having the fish recognize the hook. What fun
is that for the fisherman? What chance does the
fisherman have at that point to exercise his skill?
In fact, I'd say having people killfile the troll
should be worth negative points, and the faster they
killfile it, the faster it loses points. Good trolls
stay unkillfiled so they can cause more distress.