Marshalls World Cup

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Chana4 » Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:20:26


Michelle was soundly defeated at Marshalls World Cup by Irina Slutskaya.  Sasha
came in third (but probably deserved second place).

Looks like Michelle's dreams of Olympic gold are slipping away ...

hehehe

~~~~Chana~~~~

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Jennifer Lyo » Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:51:19

----------

Quote:

> Michelle was soundly defeated at Marshalls World Cup by Irina Slutskaya.
Sasha
> came in third (but probably deserved second place).

From the reports that I read, Sasha fell three times and was lucky she came
in third.

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Rex » Thu, 09 Dec 2004 09:56:06

Quote:

> ----------


>> Michelle was soundly defeated at Marshalls World Cup by Irina Slutskaya.
> Sasha
>> came in third (but probably deserved second place).

> From the reports that I read, Sasha fell three times and was lucky she came
> in third.

I knew that once Slute got back in shape, she would be a threat.  My
favorite Euro ladies skater.  I want to pinch her cheeks.  

My sympathies to Sasha.

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Ellen Arnol » Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:53:01



Quote:
> I knew that once Slute got back in shape, she would be a threat.  My
> favorite Euro ladies skater.  I want to pinch her cheeks.

All the old men say that ;-)

Ellen

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Altern.. » Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:41:02

Michelle won a silver medal. Woo hoo!

You're a real "glass half empty" person aren't you?

I'm a Kwaniac, but I was kind of happy for Irina... making a come back
like that.

Can you say something nice about Irina? Probably not.
Are you a fan of any skater? Probably not.

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Chana4 » Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:09:15

Quote:
>Can you say something nice about Irina?

Of course!   She's vibrant and adorable, and she doesn't have Michelle's sense
of entitlement.

Quote:
>Are you a fan of any skater?

Sure!   I'm a fan of quite a few skaters.

~~~~Chana~~~~

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Altern.. » Sun, 12 Dec 2004 03:13:34

I agree that Irina is vibrant and adorable. But I've never seen any
evidence in anything that Michelle has said, that she has a sense of
entitlement. Just because she is persistent and doesn't seem to ever
want to give up doesn't mean that she thinks she is entitled to
anything. If she thought she were entitled she would dispute her
standings. Recently when she lost some points for going just a couple
seconds over in her program, she didn't dispute the call. She didn't
even complain! She just accepted it and moved on.She amazes me. I was
proud of her.
 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Bbarl » Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:25:41

"Recently when she lost some points for going just a couple seconds over in her
program, she didn't dispute the call."

She couldn't dispute this because it was black and white, not subjective.  She
made the same timing error at Nationals.  If they had marked her correctly and
not "held her up," she would have realized her program was too long and she
could have corrected it for World's.

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Altern.. » Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:43:50

Yes, it was black and white, but I've seen others be bad sports about
even objective decisions. That was the only specific example I could
think of at the time. I've seen other times when she lost because of a
subjective call and she was still a good sport about it. The only one
that might be a better loser than Michelle is Jennifer Robinson. This
might sound weird, but I loved watching her lose. I wonder if she ever
puzzled about why they called it the "kiss and CRY" area.
 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Altern.. » Sun, 12 Dec 2004 13:53:13

Quote:

> Michelle was soundly defeated at Marshalls World Cup by Irina
Slutskaya.  Sasha
> came in third (but probably deserved second place).

I've been anxious to see it, to see how "soundly" she was defeated.
Only then could I make a judgement as to how "sound" it was. Hey
wait... has Chana410 actually seen it?

And speaking of entitlements, it sounds like Chana410 is saying that
Sasha is entitled to awards greater than she received.

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Ruth Lafle » Sun, 12 Dec 2004 16:46:24


Quote:

> ----------



>> Michelle was soundly defeated at Marshalls World Cup by Irina Slutskaya.
> Sasha
>> came in third (but probably deserved second place).

> From the reports that I read, Sasha fell three times and was lucky she
> came
> in third.

Yeah, the reports I read said that people felt Cohen had been "held up" and
should have placed lower. I guess she's one of the entitled ones now.

--Ruth

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Bbarl » Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:42:08

"The only one that might be a better loser than Michelle is Jennifer
Robinson....I loved watching her lose."

I agree that Jennifer Robinson is enjoyable to watch.  You may feel that
Michelle is a good loser, but her father certainly is not.  At the '98
Olympics, after she lost, Michelle said on national TV, " I wonder if my family
will still love me."  In 2002, her father was walking away from her and didn't
want to be with her after she lost--somebody had to convince him that it was
time to be a father!  

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Chana4 » Mon, 13 Dec 2004 01:27:38

Quote:
> You may feel that
>Michelle is a good loser, but her father certainly is not.  At the '98
>Olympics, after she lost, Michelle said on national TV, " I wonder if my
>family
>will still love me."  In 2002, her father was walking away from her and
>didn't
>want to be with her after she lost--somebody had to convince him that it was
>time to be a father!  

That's so sad.  Sounds like Michelle is nothing more than a cash cow for her
family.  

~~~~Chana~~~~

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Ruth Lafle » Mon, 13 Dec 2004 05:06:05


Quote:
> "The only one that might be a better loser than Michelle is Jennifer
> Robinson....I loved watching her lose."

> I agree that Jennifer Robinson is enjoyable to watch.  You may feel that
> Michelle is a good loser, but her father certainly is not.  At the '98
> Olympics, after she lost, Michelle said on national TV, " I wonder if my
> family
> will still love me."

You have a right to your opinion, but when you state something as fact you
should back it up. What's your source for that quote? As I remember it, Kwan
said something on the order of "I know my family will always love me."

--Ruth

 
 
 

Marshalls World Cup

Post by Bbarl » Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:27:49

I said:  > "You may feel that Michelle is a good loser, but her father
certainly is not.  At the '98 Olympics, after she lost, Michelle said on
national TV, " I wonder if my family will still love me."

Ruth responded:  "You have a right to your opinion, but when you state
something as fact you should back it up. What's your source for that quote? As
I remember it, Kwan said something on the order of "I know my family will
always love me."

After she lost the '98 Olympics to Tara Lipinski, Michelle was shown on
national TV saying that she wondered if her family would still love her.  That
is not an opinion, it is a fact.  She did NOT say "I know my family will always
love me."