Salomon Speedster Skates - Opinions needed

Salomon Speedster Skates - Opinions needed

Post by Mark Rinald » Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:05:38


Hi,

I tried on a pair of Salomon Speedster skates this afternoon and they felt
really comfortable and supportive.  They are 78a/72mm, ABEC 5's.  It appears
that they can handle an 80mm or even a bit larger.

I do primarily city skating but am starting to get on the trails and really
need a good, versatile skate. Thanks.

Mark

 
 
 

Salomon Speedster Skates - Opinions needed

Post by Bill Fuhrman » Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:55:59

Quote:
> I tried on a pair of Salomon Speedster skates this afternoon and they felt
> really comfortable and supportive.  They are 78a/72mm, ABEC 5's.  It
appears
> that they can handle an 80mm or even a bit larger.

On the Salomon skates that I have seen, the largest wheel diameter is marked
on the frame.  Too bad Salomon when for minimal advertising information on
their web page rather than details.

I have seen some of the new Salomon's at a picnic that some of our local
skaters had yesterday.  Salomon has fitted the heel to grip the heel better
(much like the K2 skates) so that your heel doesn't want to wander around.
They also have shaped the back of the boot to be tilted forward into a good
skating position.  This may be more comfortable while skating but a little
less comfortable while standing around.

Quote:
> I do primarily city skating but am starting to get on the trails and
really
> need a good, versatile skate. Thanks.


 
 
 

Salomon Speedster Skates - Opinions needed

Post by Ken Leun » Tue, 24 Apr 2001 01:45:05


Quote:
> Hi,

> I tried on a pair of Salomon Speedster skates this afternoon and they felt
> really comfortable and supportive.  They are 78a/72mm, ABEC 5's.  It
appears
> that they can handle an 80mm or even a bit larger.

> I do primarily city skating but am starting to get on the trails and
really
> need a good, versatile skate. Thanks.

how much does speedster cost?? Salomon has like 3 series this year, x
trainer, trainer, and night edition. some of them has same frame (twin
driver) and bearings. Don't know about the liner but generally the more
money you spend the better skates you have (some exceptions)
78a/72mm... i wonder how long would it last. if anyone remembers my old
coolblade's OEM wheels with so called "82a" worn down in 2 weeks they were
74mm. My next replacement hyper 76mm 78a didn't last very long either...
Quote:

> Mark


 
 
 

Salomon Speedster Skates - Opinions needed

Post by Mark Rinald » Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:46:32

Quote:
> how much does speedster cost??

They retail for $169 at Sports Authority.
 
 
 

Salomon Speedster Skates - Opinions needed

Post by Sergey Sapozhniko » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 00:54:40

Mark,
I just bought a pair, they are more comfortable for my wide feet than
more narrow K2 models. My wife and son also bought them after trying a
couple of different K2s in the same price range. All Speedsters I've
seen (in different stores) were 76 mm, up to 80 mm.
We skated 10-15 miles on a trail this weekend and everyone's happy with
his choice (keep in mind that we're just beginners with some ice skating
background).
Sergey
Quote:

> Hi,

> I tried on a pair of Salomon Speedster skates this afternoon and they felt
> really comfortable and supportive.  They are 78a/72mm, ABEC 5's.  It appears
> that they can handle an 80mm or even a bit larger.

> I do primarily city skating but am starting to get on the trails and really
> need a good, versatile skate. Thanks.

> Mark

 
 
 

Salomon Speedster Skates - Opinions needed

Post by RobD » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:14:47

Hi, I've had my Speedsters for about a month now and I luv em! I've
had 3 pairs of Roces 2 LAX and 1 Barcelona and these are almost as
comfortable. I had to replace the wheels after my first skate cause
they were too soft. I put on 82a's and they're great.

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:54:40 -0400, Sergey Sapozhnikov

Quote:

>Mark,
>I just bought a pair, they are more comfortable for my wide feet than
>more narrow K2 models. My wife and son also bought them after trying a
>couple of different K2s in the same price range. All Speedsters I've
>seen (in different stores) were 76 mm, up to 80 mm.
>We skated 10-15 miles on a trail this weekend and everyone's happy with
>his choice (keep in mind that we're just beginners with some ice skating
>background).
>Sergey


>> Hi,

>> I tried on a pair of Salomon Speedster skates this afternoon and they felt
>> really comfortable and supportive.  They are 78a/72mm, ABEC 5's.  It appears
>> that they can handle an 80mm or even a bit larger.

>> I do primarily city skating but am starting to get on the trails and really
>> need a good, versatile skate. Thanks.

>> Mark

 
 
 

Salomon Speedster Skates - Opinions needed

Post by Mark Rinald » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 00:28:24

Thanks for the info.  I'm still kinda debating whether I want to go with the
Speedster or the X-trainer.  Or maybe even the Magnesium...  (The liner is
supposed to be a lot more form-fitting.)


Quote:
> Hi, I've had my Speedsters for about a month now and I luv em! I've
> had 3 pairs of Roces 2 LAX and 1 Barcelona and these are almost as
> comfortable. I had to replace the wheels after my first skate cause
> they were too soft. I put on 82a's and they're great.

> On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:54:40 -0400, Sergey Sapozhnikov

> >Mark,
> >I just bought a pair, they are more comfortable for my wide feet than
> >more narrow K2 models. My wife and son also bought them after trying a
> >couple of different K2s in the same price range. All Speedsters I've
> >seen (in different stores) were 76 mm, up to 80 mm.
> >We skated 10-15 miles on a trail this weekend and everyone's happy with
> >his choice (keep in mind that we're just beginners with some ice skating
> >background).
> >Sergey


> >> Hi,

> >> I tried on a pair of Salomon Speedster skates this afternoon and they
felt
> >> really comfortable and supportive.  They are 78a/72mm, ABEC 5's.  It
appears
> >> that they can handle an 80mm or even a bit larger.

> >> I do primarily city skating but am starting to get on the trails and
really
> >> need a good, versatile skate. Thanks.

> >> Mark