Need advice about first big gun...

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by Power3 » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00


The following is what I found and what I'm interested in for my first (sorta)
pro-level gun. I would like to hear (realistic) suggestions and opinions.
Please be serious, I'm not looking for trolls here...

I sent this letter to 800-Paintball as my initial interest...

==========================================================
I am ready to buy my first major set-up and your company offers among the best
prices that I've found. Since this higher level of equipment is reletively new
to me, I need your help making sure I get everything I need to get playing. I
have my general list below, but would like you to point out anything I've
missed and verify prices. If the price is right, I'll order immediately.

BushMaster 2000     $519.95
Crossfire 68ci. dual reg     $228.95
JT Proshield Therma     $44.95
ACI Hi-speed elbow     $5.95
VL200 Hopper     $4.95
Deluxe 4+1 Harness     $48.00
140 Round loader     4/$12.95
Barrel plug w/ flag     $4.95

The following are things I didn't see or was unsure of what to pick:

        Braided bottom line for the BushMaster/Crossfire system (if not included)
        Drop Forward/Mounting Bracket for the system (if not included)
        Scuba Fill Adapter for the Crossfire bottle (Bullfrog?)
        BM2K spare/service parts kit (o-rings, oil, squeegee, plug & service stuff)

I would like to know about any further discounts for buying a package this
size. Also, I need to know availability on a complete order shipping.
==========================================================

They e'ed me back adding the micro line and cradle for an additional $50. Give
me your opinions on the quote, the selection of gun/gear, or whatever you like.

Thanks!

Alan

 
 
 

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by Brian Jone » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

have u tried paintballgear.com or copaintball.com ??
they have very good prices and service also

also why did u choose the bushmaster?
what r u looking for in a gun?
--

----------

Quote:

> The following is what I found and what I'm interested in for my first (sorta)
> pro-level gun. I would like to hear (realistic) suggestions and opinions.
> Please be serious, I'm not looking for trolls here...

> I sent this letter to 800-Paintball as my initial interest...

> ==========================================================
> I am ready to buy my first major set-up and your company offers among the best
> prices that I've found. Since this higher level of equipment is reletively new
> to me, I need your help making sure I get everything I need to get playing. I
> have my general list below, but would like you to point out anything I've
> missed and verify prices. If the price is right, I'll order immediately.

> BushMaster 2000     $519.95
> Crossfire 68ci. dual reg     $228.95
> JT Proshield Therma     $44.95
> ACI Hi-speed elbow     $5.95
> VL200 Hopper     $4.95
> Deluxe 4+1 Harness     $48.00
> 140 Round loader     4/$12.95
> Barrel plug w/ flag     $4.95

> The following are things I didn't see or was unsure of what to pick:

>  Braided bottom line for the BushMaster/Crossfire system (if not included)
>  Drop Forward/Mounting Bracket for the system (if not included)
>  Scuba Fill Adapter for the Crossfire bottle (Bullfrog?)
>  BM2K spare/service parts kit (o-rings, oil, squeegee, plug & service stuff)

> I would like to know about any further discounts for buying a package this
> size. Also, I need to know availability on a complete order shipping.
> ==========================================================

> They e'ed me back adding the micro line and cradle for an additional $50. Give
> me your opinions on the quote, the selection of gun/gear, or whatever you
like.

> Thanks!

> Alan


 
 
 

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by Perici » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

you're forgetting a revolution hopper!!

Quote:
> The following is what I found and what I'm interested in for my first
(sorta)
> pro-level gun. I would like to hear (realistic) suggestions and opinions.
> Please be serious, I'm not looking for trolls here...

> I sent this letter to 800-Paintball as my initial interest...

> ==========================================================
> I am ready to buy my first major set-up and your company offers among the
best
> prices that I've found. Since this higher level of equipment is reletively
new
> to me, I need your help making sure I get everything I need to get
playing. I
> have my general list below, but would like you to point out anything I've
> missed and verify prices. If the price is right, I'll order immediately.

> BushMaster 2000     $519.95
> Crossfire 68ci. dual reg     $228.95
> JT Proshield Therma     $44.95
> ACI Hi-speed elbow     $5.95
> VL200 Hopper     $4.95
> Deluxe 4+1 Harness     $48.00
> 140 Round loader     4/$12.95
> Barrel plug w/ flag     $4.95

> The following are things I didn't see or was unsure of what to pick:

> Braided bottom line for the BushMaster/Crossfire system (if not included)
> Drop Forward/Mounting Bracket for the system (if not included)
> Scuba Fill Adapter for the Crossfire bottle (Bullfrog?)
> BM2K spare/service parts kit (o-rings, oil, squeegee, plug & service
stuff)

> I would like to know about any further discounts for buying a package this
> size. Also, I need to know availability on a complete order shipping.
> ==========================================================

> They e'ed me back adding the micro line and cradle for an additional $50.
Give
> me your opinions on the quote, the selection of gun/gear, or whatever you
like.

> Thanks!

> Alan


 
 
 

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by Cautipp » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I would recomend against the steal braided remote and get a coiled remote.  I
would also get a revolution hopper either 9 or 12 volts.
 
 
 

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by Power3 » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

My thoughts exactly...right after I sent the original post!

Thanks!
Alan

Quote:
>I would recomend against the steal braided remote and get a coiled remote.  I
>would also get a revolution hopper either 9 or 12 volts.

Alan   NAUI Instructor
remove delme to reply
 
 
 

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by GiMMeWA » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I would avoid a remote w/ HPA any day, trust me, your pack will be up and
down after just a quick run, no matter how good it is, and I have to try to
sway you against getting the Crossfire HPA system, the regulator on it isn't
that great, I would recommend a Maxflow 114ci 3k psi for $350 which has one
of the best regulators on the market....other then that you're all set...

Quote:
> My thoughts exactly...right after I sent the original post!

> Thanks!
> Alan

> >I would recomend against the steal braided remote and get a coiled
remote.  I
> >would also get a revolution hopper either 9 or 12 volts.

> Alan   NAUI Instructor
> remove delme to reply

 
 
 

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by GiMMeWA » Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Oops, messed up, macro line would be better then a coiled hose :).....and
you can probably get a good redz pack for a good price, don't forget the
simple things like a *** cover (keeps dirt out of the system) and a cover
for the nitro tank itself so that you don't risk hurting your precious
investment

Quote:
> My thoughts exactly...right after I sent the original post!

> Thanks!
> Alan

> >I would recomend against the steal braided remote and get a coiled
remote.  I
> >would also get a revolution hopper either 9 or 12 volts.

> Alan   NAUI Instructor
> remove delme to reply

 
 
 

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by Glen » Sat, 15 Jan 2000 04:00:00

this may be a stupid question but why use a drop foward if you are going to
use a coiled line and run remote?
Not trying to be a smart ass just wounering if ya trying a new set up or
something.
later
-Glen

Quote:
> I would recomend against the steal braided remote and get a coiled remote.
I
> would also get a revolution hopper either 9 or 12 volts.

 
 
 

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by DAVE » Mon, 17 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I've thought about doing this on a shocker. I figured I could extend a
stock to comfort and still have the option of running on gun with a 20oz.
 
 
 

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by Leader of TEAM Rainbow S » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

if you are running HPA,there really is no need for a remote,a filled HPA tank
does not weigh all that much. go with the drop-forward, and where is that BM2K
for $520? the cheapest i have found is around $600.
Team: Rainbow Six
Guns: Spyder TL Plus, Piranha STS(Kind of contradict each other, huh)
Positions: Sweeper(Im also the leader)
"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
 
 
 

Need advice about first big gun...

Post by Jamie Norwo » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I dunno, I think even if I went HPA, I would still stay remote. I like
having the weight of it on my back rather than my arms.

Jamie


Quote:

>if you are running HPA,there really is no need for a remote,a filled HPA tank
>does not weigh all that much. go with the drop-forward, and where is that BM2K
>for $520? the cheapest i have found is around $600.
>Team: Rainbow Six
>Guns: Spyder TL Plus, Piranha STS(Kind of contradict each other, huh)
>Positions: Sweeper(Im also the leader)
>"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."