apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by Jonah Sherma » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00


A Tippmann Model 98 with the following:
-Psycho Ballistics 2 finger trigger with guard
-ANS *** grips
-Intruder *** x-chamber/foregrip(the one that the tank screws into
directly)
-DYE boomstick
-VL200 loader
-AWESOME trigger job
-vertical adapter
-original stock bottomline
-20oz CO2 tank
Everything is in great condition as I clean and oil this gun after every
time I play.
Please tell me how much you think this is worth as I am looking to sell.

Thanks,
Jonah

 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by Jeff Gosli » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Well, here's the thing: a Tippmann is generally considered an entry level
marker, ie the one you buy when you first get into the sport.  Usually it's
supposed to go for $150-$200 new, and be just what you need to get more into the
sport.  HOWEVER, you have a boomstick on your tippmann.  That's a $120 barrel,
if I'm not mistaken.  Most newbies couldn't give a shit.

You are going to have the same problem selling your Model 98 as I have had
selling my Carbine(with a Dye SS 12" barrel):  a newbie only wants a gun, and he
doesn't care about the doo-dads.  $250 for a used gun??? he says to himself,
this guy is crazy.  He doesn't know that the barrel alone is worth almost as
much as the whole gun.

Good luck selling it.  You're probably going to have to settle for less than
what you want for it.  It's worth $250-$300(new/slightly used), you'll probably
get $100-150 for it.

Quote:

> A Tippmann Model 98 with the following:
> -Psycho Ballistics 2 finger trigger with guard
> -ANS *** grips
> -Intruder *** x-chamber/foregrip(the one that the tank screws into
> directly)
> -DYE boomstick
> -VL200 loader
> -AWESOME trigger job
> -vertical adapter
> -original stock bottomline
> -20oz CO2 tank
> Everything is in great condition as I clean and oil this gun after every
> time I play.
> Please tell me how much you think this is worth as I am looking to sell.

> Thanks,
> Jonah

--
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   Jeff Goslin - MCSD   | "Oh Bentson, you are so mercifully free from the  |

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   how come everyone elses religion is a cult but your cult is a religion   |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|      XGenetic, the ActiveX Artificial Intelligence Genetic Algorithm       |
|           http://SportToday.org/;         |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by Chris William » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

be lucky to get 200

Quote:
> A Tippmann Model 98 with the following:
> -Psycho Ballistics 2 finger trigger with guard
> -ANS *** grips
> -Intruder *** x-chamber/foregrip(the one that the tank screws into
> directly)
> -DYE boomstick
> -VL200 loader
> -AWESOME trigger job
> -vertical adapter
> -original stock bottomline
> -20oz CO2 tank
> Everything is in great condition as I clean and oil this gun after every
> time I play.
> Please tell me how much you think this is worth as I am looking to sell.

> Thanks,
> Jonah


 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by Jason Patric » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Sell the boomstick seperate.

Jason

 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by Jeff Gosli » Fri, 29 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Good idea, as long as the guy still has the stock barrel, which he probably
does, so that shouldn't be a problem.  Yeah, I can't see a barrel depreciating
in value as quickly as a marker.

Quote:

> Sell the boomstick seperate.

> Jason

--
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   Jeff Goslin - MCSD   | "Oh Bentson, you are so mercifully free from the  |

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   how come everyone elses religion is a cult but your cult is a religion   |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|      XGenetic, the ActiveX Artificial Intelligence Genetic Algorithm       |
|           http://www.winsite.com/info/pc/win95/demo/xgen-sw.zip/           |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by B. E. Bloz » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00

since you brought it up ... you spelled "spelt" wrong too, Chief.  And
where's the apostrophe for "its"?    "Its" is a possessive pronoun.  So, you
misspelled the first word, then stopped to identify the obvious mistake, and
made two more mistakes in the process.   I'll let you slide on the missing
apostrophe in "whats."

However, the rest of the message looks pretty good.  You even nailed the
word "awesome," which is pretty awesome.  The only conclusion is that the
person who wrote the subject line, is not the same person who wrote the body
of the message.

And "misspelled" is one of the most frequently misspelled words in the
English language.

If you would learn to be more ***retentive, you would catch those little
errors.

Hope this helps :- )
````````````````````

Quote:

> A Tippmann Model 98 with the following:
> -Psycho Ballistics 2 finger trigger with guard
> -ANS *** grips
> -Intruder *** x-chamber/foregrip(the one that the tank screws into
> directly)
> -DYE boomstick
> -VL200 loader
> -AWESOME trigger job
> -vertical adapter
> -original stock bottomline
> -20oz CO2 tank
> Everything is in great condition as I clean and oil this gun after every
> time I play.
> Please tell me how much you think this is worth as I am looking to sell.

> Thanks,
> Jonah

 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by D.Stewar » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Spelt IS a word, and he did not spell it wrong.

How's that for ***retentiveness? :)
Donald

Quote:

> since you brought it up ... you spelled "spelt" wrong too, Chief.  And
> where's the apostrophe for "its"?    "Its" is a possessive pronoun.  So, you
> misspelled the first word, then stopped to identify the obvious mistake, and
> made two more mistakes in the process.   I'll let you slide on the missing
> apostrophe in "whats."

> However, the rest of the message looks pretty good.  You even nailed the
> word "awesome," which is pretty awesome.  The only conclusion is that the
> person who wrote the subject line, is not the same person who wrote the body
> of the message.

> And "misspelled" is one of the most frequently misspelled words in the
> English language.

> If you would learn to be more ***retentive, you would catch those little
> errors.

> Hope this helps :- )
> ````````````````````


> > A Tippmann Model 98 with the following:
> > -Psycho Ballistics 2 finger trigger with guard
> > -ANS *** grips
> > -Intruder *** x-chamber/foregrip(the one that the tank screws into
> > directly)
> > -DYE boomstick
> > -VL200 loader
> > -AWESOME trigger job
> > -vertical adapter
> > -original stock bottomline
> > -20oz CO2 tank
> > Everything is in great condition as I clean and oil this gun after every
> > time I play.
> > Please tell me how much you think this is worth as I am looking to sell.

> > Thanks,
> > Jonah

 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by Jeff Gosli » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Well, since, according to Merriam Websters online dictionary...

                     Main Entry: 2spelt
                     Pronunciation: 'spelt
                     chiefly British past and past participle of SPELL

Since our stalwart Jonah is not from a british domain, it would not be a stretch
of logic to ASSUME that he is, in fact, not british.  It's possible that he is,
but not very likely.

So, while in an anal-retentive, technicality sort of way, you are correct that
"spelt" is a word, it is much more likely that Jonah is, in fact, simply a moron
from the United States who can't spell.

Occam's razor: the simplest explanation tends to be the truth.

Quote:

> Spelt IS a word, and he did not spell it wrong.

> How's that for ***retentiveness? :)
> Donald


> > since you brought it up ... you spelled "spelt" wrong too, Chief.  And
> > where's the apostrophe for "its"?    "Its" is a possessive pronoun.  So, you
> > misspelled the first word, then stopped to identify the obvious mistake, and
> > made two more mistakes in the process.   I'll let you slide on the missing
> > apostrophe in "whats."

> > However, the rest of the message looks pretty good.  You even nailed the
> > word "awesome," which is pretty awesome.  The only conclusion is that the
> > person who wrote the subject line, is not the same person who wrote the body
> > of the message.

> > And "misspelled" is one of the most frequently misspelled words in the
> > English language.

> > If you would learn to be more ***retentive, you would catch those little
> > errors.

> > Hope this helps :- )
> > ````````````````````


> > > A Tippmann Model 98 with the following:
> > > -Psycho Ballistics 2 finger trigger with guard
> > > -ANS *** grips
> > > -Intruder *** x-chamber/foregrip(the one that the tank screws into
> > > directly)
> > > -DYE boomstick
> > > -VL200 loader
> > > -AWESOME trigger job
> > > -vertical adapter
> > > -original stock bottomline
> > > -20oz CO2 tank
> > > Everything is in great condition as I clean and oil this gun after every
> > > time I play.
> > > Please tell me how much you think this is worth as I am looking to sell.

> > > Thanks,
> > > Jonah

--
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   Jeff Goslin - MCSD   | "Oh Bentson, you are so mercifully free from the  |

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   how come everyone elses religion is a cult but your cult is a religion   |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|      XGenetic, the ActiveX Artificial Intelligence Genetic Algorithm       |
|           http://SportToday.org/;         |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by Jonah Sherma » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00

How is this "spelt": *** YOU?
 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by D.Stewar » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Hm. I've lived all my life in the states, but I still use the english
spelling for most words...

Axe, Grey, Humour...
Donald

Quote:

> Well, since, according to Merriam Websters online dictionary...

>                      Main Entry: 2spelt
>                      Pronunciation: 'spelt
>                      chiefly British past and past participle of SPELL

> Since our stalwart Jonah is not from a british domain, it would not be a stretch
> of logic to ASSUME that he is, in fact, not british.  It's possible that he is,
> but not very likely.

> So, while in an anal-retentive, technicality sort of way, you are correct that
> "spelt" is a word, it is much more likely that Jonah is, in fact, simply a moron
> from the United States who can't spell.

> Occam's razor: the simplest explanation tends to be the truth.


> > Spelt IS a word, and he did not spell it wrong.

> > How's that for ***retentiveness? :)
> > Donald


> > > since you brought it up ... you spelled "spelt" wrong too, Chief.  And
> > > where's the apostrophe for "its"?    "Its" is a possessive pronoun.  So, you
> > > misspelled the first word, then stopped to identify the obvious mistake, and
> > > made two more mistakes in the process.   I'll let you slide on the missing
> > > apostrophe in "whats."

> > > However, the rest of the message looks pretty good.  You even nailed the
> > > word "awesome," which is pretty awesome.  The only conclusion is that the
> > > person who wrote the subject line, is not the same person who wrote the body
> > > of the message.

> > > And "misspelled" is one of the most frequently misspelled words in the
> > > English language.

> > > If you would learn to be more ***retentive, you would catch those little
> > > errors.

> > > Hope this helps :- )
> > > ````````````````````


> > > > A Tippmann Model 98 with the following:
> > > > -Psycho Ballistics 2 finger trigger with guard
> > > > -ANS *** grips
> > > > -Intruder *** x-chamber/foregrip(the one that the tank screws into
> > > > directly)
> > > > -DYE boomstick
> > > > -VL200 loader
> > > > -AWESOME trigger job
> > > > -vertical adapter
> > > > -original stock bottomline
> > > > -20oz CO2 tank
> > > > Everything is in great condition as I clean and oil this gun after every
> > > > time I play.
> > > > Please tell me how much you think this is worth as I am looking to sell.

> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Jonah

> --
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> |   Jeff Goslin - MCSD   | "Oh Bentson, you are so mercifully free from the  |

>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> |   how come everyone elses religion is a cult but your cult is a religion   |
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> |      XGenetic, the ActiveX Artificial Intelligence Genetic Algorithm       |
> |           http://SportToday.org/;         |
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by Jeff Gosli » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hm. I've lived all my life in the states, but I still use the english
> spelling for most words...

> Axe, Grey, Humour...

I wonder what "colour" your statements have... ;)

--
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   Jeff Goslin - MCSD   | "Oh Bentson, you are so mercifully free from the  |

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   how come everyone elses religion is a cult but your cult is a religion   |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|      XGenetic, the ActiveX Artificial Intelligence Genetic Algorithm       |
|           http://www.winsite.com/info/pc/win95/demo/xgen-sw.zip/           |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by Jeff Gosli » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> How is this "spelt": *** YOU?

Pretty much like that... although you might find that the much more emphatic
"*** you, mother***ing***sucker" has more effect.  Just a thought.

--
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   Jeff Goslin - MCSD   | "Oh Bentson, you are so mercifully free from the  |

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|   how come everyone elses religion is a cult but your cult is a religion   |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
|      XGenetic, the ActiveX Artificial Intelligence Genetic Algorithm       |
|           http://SportToday.org/;         |
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by B. E. Bloz » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I didn't say it wasn't a word.   Where's you read that?  But holy shit!  For the
first time in 25 years, I actually learned something off this newsgroup.

Okay D.  "Apraisal?"  What have you got for that?   Old English maybe?    I'm glad
we don't use that anymore.  It's hard to read.

Hey, what year did the New English start?

Quote:

> Spelt IS a word, and he did not spell it wrong.

> How's that for ***retentiveness? :)
> Donald


> > since you brought it up ... you spelled "spelt" wrong too, Chief.  And
> > where's the apostrophe for "its"?    "Its" is a possessive pronoun.  So, you
> > misspelled the first word, then stopped to identify the obvious mistake, and
> > made two more mistakes in the process.   I'll let you slide on the missing
> > apostrophe in "whats."

> > However, the rest of the message looks pretty good.  You even nailed the
> > word "awesome," which is pretty awesome.  The only conclusion is that the
> > person who wrote the subject line, is not the same person who wrote the body
> > of the message.

> > And "misspelled" is one of the most frequently misspelled words in the
> > English language.

> > If you would learn to be more ***retentive, you would catch those little
> > errors.

> > Hope this helps :- )
> > ````````````````````


> > > A Tippmann Model 98 with the following:
> > > -Psycho Ballistics 2 finger trigger with guard
> > > -ANS *** grips
> > > -Intruder *** x-chamber/foregrip(the one that the tank screws into
> > > directly)
> > > -DYE boomstick
> > > -VL200 loader
> > > -AWESOME trigger job
> > > -vertical adapter
> > > -original stock bottomline
> > > -20oz CO2 tank
> > > Everything is in great condition as I clean and oil this gun after every
> > > time I play.
> > > Please tell me how much you think this is worth as I am looking to sell.

> > > Thanks,
> > > Jonah

 
 
 

apraisal (its spelt wrong, I know) whats this worth?

Post by B. E. Bloz » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Calling the kid a moron might be a bit harsh, however I understand your point.  In
fact I understood every word.   Probably because the spelling and grammar were
correct.  Although there could have been a mistake, but I didn't go back and check.
Only took a second to read it, and the first couple words must have been spelled
properly, or spelt, as I'm inclined to say, or spell in this case, as much as
possible until somebody tries to tell me that spelt isn't a word, so I can tell tell
them I've 50 bucks that says it is.

I got off track there, but I was pointing out the importance of communication
skills.  BTW, the word I hate every time I see it on paintball forums and the like,
is "prolly."  The next generation of kids will prolly be able to write entire
paragraphs without using a single intelligible, recognizeable word.  And that will
mark the emergence of whatever is next after Old English, Middle English ...

-------

Quote:

> Well, since, according to Merriam Websters online dictionary...

>                      Main Entry: 2spelt
>                      Pronunciation: 'spelt
>                      chiefly British past and past participle of SPELL

> Since our stalwart Jonah is not from a british domain, it would not be a stretch
> of logic to ASSUME that he is, in fact, not british.  It's possible that he is,
> but not very likely.

> So, while in an anal-retentive, technicality sort of way, you are correct that
> "spelt" is a word, it is much more likely that Jonah is, in fact, simply a moron
> from the United States who can't spell.

> Occam's razor: the simplest explanation tends to be the truth.


> > Spelt IS a word, and he did not spell it wrong.

> > How's that for ***retentiveness? :)
> > Donald


> > > since you brought it up ... you spelled "spelt" wrong too, Chief.  And
> > > where's the apostrophe for "its"?    "Its" is a possessive pronoun.  So, you
> > > misspelled the first word, then stopped to identify the obvious mistake, and
> > > made two more mistakes in the process.   I'll let you slide on the missing
> > > apostrophe in "whats."

> > > However, the rest of the message looks pretty good.  You even nailed the
> > > word "awesome," which is pretty awesome.  The only conclusion is that the
> > > person who wrote the subject line, is not the same person who wrote the body
> > > of the message.

> > > And "misspelled" is one of the most frequently misspelled words in the
> > > English language.

> > > If you would learn to be more ***retentive, you would catch those little
> > > errors.

> > > Hope this helps :- )
> > > ````````````````````


> > > > A Tippmann Model 98 with the following:
> > > > -Psycho Ballistics 2 finger trigger with guard
> > > > -ANS *** grips
> > > > -Intruder *** x-chamber/foregrip(the one that the tank screws into
> > > > directly)
> > > > -DYE boomstick
> > > > -VL200 loader
> > > > -AWESOME trigger job
> > > > -vertical adapter
> > > > -original stock bottomline
> > > > -20oz CO2 tank
> > > > Everything is in great condition as I clean and oil this gun after every
> > > > time I play.
> > > > Please tell me how much you think this is worth as I am looking to sell.

> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Jonah

> --
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> |   Jeff Goslin - MCSD   | "Oh Bentson, you are so mercifully free from the  |

>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> |   how come everyone elses religion is a cult but your cult is a religion   |
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> |      XGenetic, the ActiveX Artificial Intelligence Genetic Algorithm       |
> |           http://SportToday.org/;         |
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------