***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Francis Gingr » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00


Hi!
        Does anyone knows of the ceramic barrel. These are special barrel
made out of the same kind of metal and polishing than the engine in F-1 racing
car. These are the most impressive barrels I have ever seen (and believe me I
almost try every kind of barrels the world has to offer). They improve so much
your accuracy and range that it seems unbelivable. With my BBT***er, I was
able to get 10 more feet of range, and I got that same result with my mag.
The paint I shoot is RP marbalizer. And the accuracy is the best part! On
target shooting I was only able to shoot 6 or 7 out of 10, with my mag and
***er. But with this barrel, on five try with 10 balls, I was able to score
10.10.10.9.9. Best barrel I have ever seen!!!

        If you want more information, just e-mail please.

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Kels Watso » Sat, 13 Apr 1996 04:00:00

It is amazing to me how you are using a ceramic barrel considering how
poous of a material it is.  I hope that you never get that wet cause if
that happens don't plan on shooting a ball through it.  Same goes for heat.
Beside ceramic isn't even a metal.  I hope you never fall in the feild
cause kiss the barrel good bye.
-----------------------------.--------------------------------------------------
Kels Watson                  |Buckwheat say:

Purdue University            |    loaves of bread in the back seat of your
Materials Science Engineering|           sky-blue Ford Fairmont!"


Quote:
> Hi!
>    Does anyone knows of the ceramic barrel. These are special barrel
> made out of the same kind of metal and polishing than the engine in F-1 racing
> car. These are the most impressive barrels I have ever seen (and believe me I
> almost try every kind of barrels the world has to offer). They improve so much
> your accuracy and range that it seems unbelivable. With my BBT***er, I was
> able to get 10 more feet of range, and I got that same result with my mag.
> The paint I shoot is RP marbalizer. And the accuracy is the best part! On
> target shooting I was only able to shoot 6 or 7 out of 10, with my mag and
>***er. But with this barrel, on five try with 10 balls, I was able to score
> 10.10.10.9.9. Best barrel I have ever seen!!!


 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Robert Hearn / Tx Timberwolv » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>It is amazing to me how you are using a ceramic barrel considering how
>poous of a material it is.  I hope that you never get that wet cause if
>that happens don't plan on shooting a ball through it.  Same goes for heat.
>Beside ceramic isn't even a metal.  I hope you never fall in the feild
>cause kiss the barrel good bye.

You know, I seem to remember hearing about a firearm that was made of
ceramic material. They are also considering making automobile engines from
ceramic composites.

I think when we're talking about ceramic barrels, it's not stoneware...it's
probably a special composite.

-r-
--------------------------------------------------------------

Training Officer, Texas Timberwolves Paintball Team (TCC)
See our team page at http://www.io.com/twolves/

  See the TCC Home Page at http://www.io.com/tcc/
--------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Saotome Ran » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>It is amazing to me how you are using a ceramic barrel considering how
>poous of a material it is.  I hope that you never get that wet cause if
>that happens don't plan on shooting a ball through it.  Same goes for heat.
>Beside ceramic isn't even a metal.  I hope you never fall in the feild
>cause kiss the barrel good bye.

You silly rabbit.  He's not refering to pottery.  He's talking about
the stuff they make engines, knives, and the space shuttle out of.  I
don't know a whole lot obout the stuff, except that it withstands
heat, and is quite strong.  I have absolutely no idea how smooth it
can be polished, but I would imagine you could polish it quite smooth.
Anyway, I'm sure they would cost well over the $220 that some guy
suggested that the mythical SS BOA cost.  Of course, all this is
assuming that the original poster isn't having some belated April 1st
fun.

________
"Here, Sirs.  We come to famous Training Ground...
...of Cursed Springs.  Jusenkyou." -Chinese Guide

Give 'em Hell |  VAMOS SPURS  | Soon to be BBT 'Cocker
Give 'em Hell |  6, 15, 32,   | Scotts, R.P., etc...
Go Horns Go   |    54, 50     | TIP #1648

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by T. Greeni » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>It is amazing to me how you are using a ceramic barrel considering how
>poous of a material it is.  I hope that you never get that wet cause if
>that happens don't plan on shooting a ball through it.  Same goes for heat.
>Beside ceramic isn't even a metal.  I hope you never fall in the feild
>cause kiss the barrel good bye.
>-----------------------------.--------------------------------------------------

The barrels are not solid ceramic, and from what I understand are not
a true ceramic at all.  I talked to a dealer at blizzard ball who had
these barrels and according to him whatever the material is it is
baked on over an aluminum base material.  So in essence you have an
aluminum barrel with some kind of mystery product coating it.
Couldn't tell you whether they are good, bad, or otherwise because of
this.

Btw, ceramic doesn't HAVE to be porous, can be harder than most metal
and  will stand up to heat better than alot of metals.
--

T. Greening

All of the above IS my opinion..
DOES reflect the views of my company..
AND is also the opinion of everyone in my family tree..

So sue me....
:)

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by T. Greeni » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>You silly rabbit.  He's not refering to pottery.  He's talking about
>the stuff they make engines, knives, and the space shuttle out of.  I
>don't know a whole lot obout the stuff, except that it withstands
>heat, and is quite strong.  I have absolutely no idea how smooth it
>can be polished, but I would imagine you could polish it quite smooth.
>Anyway, I'm sure they would cost well over the $220 that some guy
>suggested that the mythical SS BOA cost.  Of course, all this is
>assuming that the original poster isn't having some belated April 1st
>fun.

According to the one dealer I have met who actually had these barrels
the going price is somewhere in the vicinity of $150.  Of course this
was at the Blizzard Ball tourny in Canada and if he was following
everyone else's lead his prices may have been cut substantially for
the event.
--

T. Greening

All of the above IS my opinion..
DOES reflect the views of my company..
AND is also the opinion of everyone in my family tree..

So sue me....
:)

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Saotome Ran » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>According to the one dealer I have met who actually had these barrels
>the going price is somewhere in the vicinity of $150.  Of course this
>was at the Blizzard Ball tourny in Canada and if he was following
>everyone else's lead his prices may have been cut substantially for
>the event.
>--

Hmm, so they definately exist do they?  Any comment on performance?

________
"Here, Sirs.  We come to famous Training Ground...
...of Cursed Springs.  Jusenkyou." -Chinese Guide

Give 'em Hell |  VAMOS SPURS  | Soon to be BBT 'Cocker
Give 'em Hell |  6, 15, 32,   | Scotts, R.P., etc...
Go Horns Go   |    54, 50     | TIP #1648

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Saotome Ran » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>The barrels are not solid ceramic, and from what I understand are not
>a true ceramic at all.  I talked to a dealer at blizzard ball who had
>these barrels and according to him whatever the material is it is
>baked on over an aluminum base material.  So in essence you have an
>aluminum barrel with some kind of mystery product coating it.
>Couldn't tell you whether they are good, bad, or otherwise because of
>this.

Ahhh, now this makes more sense.  I would assume it is very much like
the stuff you can coat engine cylander walls with.  Interesting idea.
Anyone out there ever seen one in action?

________
"Here, Sirs.  We come to famous Training Ground...
...of Cursed Springs.  Jusenkyou." -Chinese Guide

Give 'em Hell |  VAMOS SPURS  | Soon to be BBT 'Cocker
Give 'em Hell |  6, 15, 32,   | Scotts, R.P., etc...
Go Horns Go   |    54, 50     | TIP #1648

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Doubl » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00


Quote:


> >It is amazing to me how you are using a ceramic barrel considering how
> >poous of a material it is.  I hope that you never get that wet cause if
> >that happens don't plan on shooting a ball through it.  Same goes for heat.
> >Beside ceramic isn't even a metal.  I hope you never fall in the feild
> >cause kiss the barrel good bye.

> You know, I seem to remember hearing about a firearm that was made of
> ceramic material. They are also considering making automobile engines from
> ceramic composites.

> I think when we're talking about ceramic barrels, it's not stoneware...it's
> probably a special composite.

> -r-
> --------------------------------------------------------------

> Training Officer, Texas Timberwolves Paintball Team (TCC)
> See our team page at http://www.io.com/twolves/

>   See the TCC Home Page at http://www.io.com/tcc/
> --------------------------------------------------------------

Nope...got a pattern on it and comes in 5 piece place setting for entire team. Some have flowers and some have
little kitty pictures on them (wearing appropriate safty equipment, of course). <g>

--
"Double"

Davis Consulting
105 Gattis School Rd #110
Round Rock, Texas 78664

"Life, its ownself.." TIP 1548

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Ryan » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Yes, these ceramic barrels are not the kind you make potery with. This is a
special composite and is not that bad of a material, but it does need work. I
know that they made ceramic baseball bats for a while, but quit because
they cracked after a while. I'm sure ceramic would do well for a barrel. It
would definetly make it very light.
--
                *-----*             14 yrs. old                    Spectra System
              *-Slider-*            Mega-Z                         Combat BDUs
               *-----*              Diablo                           JT Kevlar Gloves
                                             Team: Ohio Jokers        TIP #1634
                     IDN and NuSkin distributor
 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Clyde Fox J » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:


>You silly rabbit.  He's not refering to pottery.  He's talking about
>the stuff they make engines, knives, and the space shuttle out of.  I
>don't know a whole lot obout the stuff, except that it withstands
>heat, and is quite strong.  I have absolutely no idea how smooth it
>can be polished, but I would imagine you could polish it quite smooth.
>Anyway, I'm sure they would cost well over the $220 that some guy
>suggested that the mythical SS BOA cost.  Of course, all this is
>assuming that the original poster isn't having some belated April 1st
>fun.

Nope the barrels are really accurate have a rockwell 80 hardness and are
the best barrel for self cleaning once you have a ball break, within 3-4
balls being fired down the barrel there right back on target. Team Ugly
Americans from Newington, CT. are using them in our Mags and***ers with
very good results.

Clyde Fox
Captain Team Ugly Americans

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by DSmith » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>Nope...got a pattern on it and comes in 5 piece place setting for entire
>team. Some have flowers and some have
>little kitty pictures on them (wearing appropriate safty equipment, of
>course). <g>

>--

   Can you get a price break by going with everyday as opposed to fine?

DSmithLA(lower Alabama)
TIP #1636

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Shaffsta » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

There is no reason in world for paintball to need ceramic barrels.
Reason: most ceramics are an infusion of a core material (steel,etc.) and
special ceramic chunks ( most processess use microscopic chunks). Then
they are retuned to the normal surface finish (polishing,honing,etc.)

What this means is that you will have a coated barrel with a nice surface
finish with a HEAT ABSORBING coating, that is sometimes stronger and
lighter than the normal infused material. What does this mean to us nothing
we could never heat up a barrel or body to ever take use of the properties
of ceramics in paintball.

John Shaffstall

 
 
 

***NEW CERAMIC BARREL***

Post by Unicor » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

 > What this means is that you will have a coated barrel with a
 > nice surface finish with a HEAT ABSORBING coating, that
 > is sometimes stronger and lighter than the normal infused
 > material. What does this mean to us nothingwe could never
 > heat up a barrel or body to ever take use of the properties
 > of ceramics in paintball.

This brings to mind something that I've been tossing around in my head for
awhile now.  I was wondering how susceptible current barrel materials are
to thermal expansion/contraction, and what effect this would have on both
the barrel performance during any given day (in a given outdoor
temperature), as well as the longevity of the barrel due to stress.

I'm not saying that current materials are faulty, nor that ceramic is a
better alternative.  This is because I have no idea what the thermal
expansion rates are for any of these materials.  I'm wondering if somebody
does.  Input?

(If I can find a table of thermal expansion rates in the 0-45c range,
maybe I'll start up another PBTech thread on this.)

--Jay C. Parangalan

                  /\                    o        ________________

     Sticks float.   \ |  |  / |      ou812?    |  construction  |
      They wood.      ==========   knicdedbdb!  |________________|
_______________________OO_____O__unirdnmeodmtid___||__________||__