polar heart monitor

polar heart monitor

Post by Winners Publishi » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00


Has anyone had good success with the polar monitor and the erg C model?
Worth the extra $100?

Mark

====================================================================
*** Today magazine called our Web Site, "Truly one of the premier
*** *** information sources on the internet." We invite you
to stop by and visit.  http://SportToday.org/

 
 
 

polar heart monitor

Post by R. Hughe » Sat, 19 Oct 1996 04:00:00

  I row at the University of Washington, and we use the polar heart
monitors all the time.  They seem to work very well for training.  If you
want the feedback, it's probably a good investment.

Bobby Hughes

U.W. Crew

 
 
 

polar heart monitor

Post by Jim Dwy » Sun, 20 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> Has anyone had good success with the polar monitor and the erg C model?
> Worth the extra $100?

YES
Buy a Polar HRM and then just get the cable for the erg for about $30.
Then you can use the HRM in the boat as well

Quote:

> Mark

> ====================================================================
> *** Today magazine called our Web Site, "Truly one of the premier
> *** *** information sources on the internet." We invite you
> to stop by and visit.  http://SportToday.org/

--
Jim Dwyer
London, Ontario
Canada

 
 
 

polar heart monitor

Post by Norman K. Y » Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:00:00


: YES
: Buy a Polar HRM and then just get the cable for the erg for about $30.
: Then you can use the HRM in the boat as well

I didn't even bother with the extra cost cable for the CII. I just strap
my Polar on the center of the handle, with the watch dial facing towards
the ceiling, and erg away. Oh, and yeah, it's worth the money...you can
probably get a no frills model nowadays for well under $100.

Norm

--
    ==========================-----------------==========================
    Norman Yee                          ASUCD Medialink                  

    http://asucd.ucdavis.edu/norm/      Room 20 South Hall              
                                        Davis, CA 95616                  
                                        916.754.8767 / 916.752.8548 (Fax)
    --------------------------=================--------------------------

 
 
 

polar heart monitor

Post by Jim Kreuzige » Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> Has anyone had good success with the polar monitor and the erg C model?
> Worth the extra $100?

> Mark

I have had good results so far with the Polar Monitor that
I purchased with my Model C. It seems to work quite well, as
long as you remember that the antenna it uses is highly
directional.  

My only complaint is that it seems to give readings that are
high by about 5 beats per minute.  Has anyone else noticed this?

--Jim
___________________________________________________________
Jim Kreuziger                           Lottery: A tax on
Jet Propulsion Laboratory               people who are bad
phone:  (818) 306-6041 work             at math.

___________________________________________________________

 
 
 

polar heart monitor

Post by Chris Hutches » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I just got the heart monitor adapter - I already have the watch abd
chest strap. The gizmo on its own was only US $35. My jury's out on it,
it tends to show numbers for a while and then blank out, then come back
in. I may move the monitor from the centre of the rail to one side to
see if that improves it. It's still better than checking out the watch
during an erg, IMHO, though the frequency with which the numbers change
is different from the watch as well.

Chris Hutcheson

Quote:
> Has anyone had good success with the polar monitor and the erg C model?
> Worth the extra $100?

> Mark

> ====================================================================
> *** Today magazine called our Web Site, "Truly one of the premier
> *** *** information sources on the internet." We invite you
> to stop by and visit.  http://SportToday.org/

--
Chris Hutcheson
 
 
 

polar heart monitor

Post by beltr.. » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I have a CII mod C with polar receiver.  I'm very happy with both.

Quote:

>I just got the heart monitor adapter - I already have the watch abd
>chest strap. The gizmo on its own was only US $35. My jury's out on it,
>it tends to show numbers for a while and then blank out, then come back
>in. I may move the monitor from the centre of the rail to one side to

Mine is mounted in the center of the rail, 21 inches (53cm) from the
rear of the rail.  I haven't had any problems with drop out.

Quote:
>see if that improves it. It's still better than checking out the watch
>during an erg, IMHO, though the frequency with which the numbers change
>is different from the watch as well.

The heart rate displayed on the CII is generally not exactly what is
displayed on the Polar wrist unit, but it is usually close (within 5
bpm).  I think part of the discrepancy has to do with the time period
over which the pulse rate is averaged.  The Polar seems to display the
avg HR over the last 5 seconds.  I thing the CII uses a shorter time
period.

BTW the CII price for the Polar Edge was better than I could find
locally.

  - Paul Beltrani