Empacher Agent for North America

Empacher Agent for North America

Post by usbri » Sat, 16 Feb 2013 01:09:06


I know this topic came up here recently but got hi-jacked
I'm asking the question again, does anyone know when another agent will be appointed?

I'm looking to move my 1x from the UK to the US. I was hoping to get a refurb done at the factory then the boat shipped in the next container.

My email enquiries to Empacher have so far have not been answered

Anyone know more?

 
 
 

Empacher Agent for North America

Post by gdarrah99...gmai » Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:20:25

Thanks for reviving my hijacked thread from earlier... I haven't heard anything about a new rep.  I'm surprised they doesn't have anyone to take this over.  Empacher (Germany) is not a very responsive group; it seems like they need a buffer between them and their customers.

I have a boat arriving in the February container, but I haven't heard of any coming over after that shipment.  How about you sell your boat in the UK at the higher prices and I'll sell you my 2002 C12 when you get to the US?  I haven't listed it for sale yet, but I will once my new boat arrives :-)

Greg

 
 
 

Empacher Agent for North America

Post by Charles Carrol » Sat, 16 Feb 2013 12:09:28

Quote:
> I'm looking to move my 1x from the UK to the US.
> I was hoping to get a refurb done at the factory
> then the boat shipped in the next container.

Every time I have visited Carl Douglas, both in Staines and now in Chertsey,
there have been Empachers in his racks. As I understand it, he is quite
willing to refurbish an Empacher. Also he is an expert at shipping shells to
the US. You might telephone Carl and ask. I would think it would be less
hassle than sending the shell to the US via Germany. Also from my
experience, whatever Carl does will be perfect.

Cordially,

Charles

 
 
 

Empacher Agent for North America

Post by Carl » Sun, 17 Feb 2013 08:25:18


Quote:
> I know this topic came up here recently but got hi-jacked
> I'm asking the question again, does anyone know when another agent will be appointed?

> I'm looking to move my 1x from the UK to the US. I was hoping to get a refurb done at the factory then the boat shipped in the next container.

> My email enquiries to Empacher have so far have not been answered

> Anyone know more?

I can't speak for Empacher but, taking up Charles Carroll's thoughtful
suggestion:

Maybe we could do the refurb for you, and then deliver your boat to the
US in our upcoming container shipment of a bunch of our own boats?

Please contact me if this interests you.

Cheers -
Carl

--
Carl Douglas Racing Shells        -
     Fine Small-Boats/AeRoWing Low-drag Riggers/Advanced Accessories
Write:   Harris Boatyard, Laleham Reach, Chertsey KT16 8RP, UK
Find:    tinyurl.com/2tqujf


 
 
 

Empacher Agent for North America

Post by Henning Lippk » Mon, 18 Feb 2013 00:43:34

Am 15.02.2013 03:20, schrieb gdarrah99...gmail:

Quote:
> Thanks for reviving my hijacked thread from earlier... I haven't heard anything about a new rep.  I'm surprised they doesn't have anyone to take this over.  Empacher (Germany) is not a very responsive group; it seems like they need a buffer between them and their customers.

> I have a boat arriving in the February container, but I haven't heard of any coming over after that shipment.  How about you sell your boat in the UK at the higher prices and I'll sell you my 2002 C12 when you get to the US?  I haven't listed it for sale yet, but I will once my new boat arrives :-)

My very personal impression is that Empacher simply doesn't care.
They aim at top natioal teams and big programs. So some of us mere
mortals messing in their boats is simply not their market. A very daring
thought would be that they may want to avoid less successful people to
expose their limited talent in yellow boats?