HoRR Jackson Trophy

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by Luke Howell » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:31:28


Does anyone know why Bacon BC are no longer considered eligible for this
award?

 -----  Posted via NewsOne.Net: Free (anonymous) Usenet News via the Web  -----
  http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+ groups
   NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts

 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by j.. » Sun, 25 Mar 2001 01:50:57

: Does anyone know why Bacon BC are no longer considered eligible for this
: award?

They must have had Tideway rowers in there.
How many times have Royal Chester won the Jackson now?

Jon
--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by PRicho9 » Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:54:54

Twice before1980 & 1997

 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by Fluffypau » Mon, 26 Mar 2001 03:41:54

RCRC have won the Jackson twice in recent years (before this year):
1998: 26th overall - I believe the HORR website is incorrect in stating that
Notts and Union won it that year.

1997: 12th overall.

and also 1980 according to the earlier reply

 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by Andy Thornel » Mon, 26 Mar 2001 19:33:03

Bacon BC were apparently disqualified from the Jackson Trophy for having 7
different members in the race from those on the entry form.  They were
therefore ineligible to win any trophy, and seemingly were lucky not to be
disqualified from the event totally.

The organisers have also hinted they will tighten up the rules for the
Jackson Trophy next year, and may make "Old Boy" clubs ineligible.

Andy Thornely (Rob Roy Boat Club, Cambridge)

Quote:


> : Does anyone know why Bacon BC are no longer considered eligible for this
> : award?

> They must have had Tideway rowers in there.
> How many times have Royal Chester won the Jackson now?

> Jon
> --
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------


> -------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by Ewoud Dronker » Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:08:39

Quote:

> Bacon BC were apparently disqualified from the Jackson Trophy for having
> 7 different members in the race from those on the entry form.

All but one got sick..?
 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by j.. » Tue, 27 Mar 2001 04:37:32

: The organisers have also hinted they will tighten up the rules for the
: Jackson Trophy next year, and may make "Old Boy" clubs ineligible.

Out of interest, would this make Cantabs ineligible?
I think as an 'Old Catabrigian' it's my "old boys' club", only Nines got
there first. :-)

Jon
--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by Tim Grang » Tue, 27 Mar 2001 04:54:49

Quote:


>: The organisers have also hinted they will tighten up the rules for the
>: Jackson Trophy next year, and may make "Old Boy" clubs ineligible.

>Out of interest, would this make Cantabs ineligible?

Hmmm... doesn't really seem to be an issue whether they're eligible
or not!  (unlike some other cambridge town club - he says trying very
hard not to mention my crew, which sneaked into the top 100, beating
a certain club's first eight).

Tim

 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by A.Hodgkinso » Tue, 27 Mar 2001 18:43:43


Quote:


> > Out of interest, would this make Cantabs ineligible?

> Hmmm... doesn't really seem to be an issue whether they're eligible
> or not!  (unlike some other cambridge town club - he says trying very
> hard not to mention my crew, which sneaked into the top 100, beating
> a certain club's first eight).

Bah! ;-)

(Mutters *moderately* valid excuses about squad building, and two
year plans, and stuff).

--
Andrew Hodgkinson, Rowing Secretary   Cambridge '99 Rowing Club
Tel: +44 1223 518 560 (day)           The Boathouse, Kimberley Rd, Cambridge,
     +44 1223 369 408 (evening)       CB4 1HJ, U.K.  Tel: +44 1223 367 521
                                      WWW: http://nines.rowing.org.uk/

 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by Rob Colling » Sun, 01 Apr 2001 06:02:02

Quote:


> : The organisers have also hinted they will tighten up the rules for the
> : Jackson Trophy next year, and may make "Old Boy" clubs ineligible.

> Out of interest, would this make Cantabs ineligible?
> I think as an 'Old Catabrigian' it's my "old boys' club", only Nines got
> there first. :-)

> Jon

You must be gettiung around - you could probably row for Palatine (Durham Uni
Old Boy's) and if we ever get our alumni set up, us too...

Rob.

 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by j.. » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:14:36

: You must be gettiung around - you could probably row for Palatine (Durham Uni
: Old Boy's) and if we ever get our alumni set up, us too...

What happens with these pld boy clubs if you rowed for the uni as a
student but are not an alumnus of the uni?

Jon

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

HoRR Jackson Trophy

Post by david.ballar » Mon, 02 Apr 2001 16:16:40

Lord Snowden (A.C.R.O.L. Armstrong-Jones, CUBC, 1950) never took his degree.
A few years ago he established that he might in principle cox the CUBC
again - but he'd have to lose a few kg first!.

D

Quote:


> : You must be gettiung around - you could probably row for Palatine
(Durham Uni
> : Old Boy's) and if we ever get our alumni set up, us too...

> What happens with these pld boy clubs if you rowed for the uni as a
> student but are not an alumnus of the uni?

> Jon

> --
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------


> -------------------------------------------------------------------------