Due to a skiing accident, my wife has decided to take up rowing on our
three mile long lake. I'd like to help her get a good start with good but
inexpensive (if it exists) equipment. I'd like your experienced opinions
on how to proceed. Questions include:
1) Can we get a boat that can be used by one or two interchangeably?
2) How do we find a used boat of this type?
3) How much does such a vessel cost?
4) What sources can we tap for advice, training tips and gear updates
5) Is there an association that could connect us with local enthusiasts or
Thanks for your time, patience, and considered advice. You may help to
encourage a budding rower, sculler, skuller .... I guess I'd better get
this terminology down, too!