Cards All-Time Squad

Cards All-Time Squad

Post by MARK BRIAN PASSWATE » Mon, 24 Jan 1994 04:18:34


     Happy New Year to all of you who do not think that the World will end
     tomorrow!  For those of you who do, I hope that your bags are packed.

     This is my version of the team that would roam Busch Stadium if this were
     a perfect World:

1B: J. Bottomley, J. Clark (hey, if only for that one year..)
2B: R. Hornsby, F. Frisch
SS: O. Smith (do you need anyone else?)
3B: J. Torre, Ken Boyer
C: T. Simmons, T. McCarver (if you want Torre to catch, then dump McCarver and
add Pepper Martin at third.)
OF: S. Musial, L. Brock, J. Medwick, W. McGee, E. Slaughter
Pitchers: M. Cooper, B. Gibson, D. Dean, J. Tudor, H. Brecheen, H. Pollet, L.
Smith, A. Hrabosky, T. Worrell, B. Sutter

 
 
 

Cards All-Time Squad

Post by Gerry Myers » Tue, 25 Jan 1994 14:51:21

Suggest you find some room for Johnny Mize.

Gerry Myerson

Newsfeed unreliable. If you post a follow-up to this article, please
send it to me by email, as well.

 
 
 

Cards All-Time Squad

Post by Doug Rible » Fri, 28 Jan 1994 00:58:02


Quote:
>1B: J. Bottomley, J. Clark (hey, if only for that one year..)

The previous respondent is correct:  Johnny Mize has to be
the starter here.  I would take Keith Hernandez over Bottomley,
but it's a close call.

Quote:
>2B: R. Hornsby, F. Frisch

Along with Red Schoendienst, this team has 3 HOFers to choose
from here.  Frisch is the better choice, though.

Quote:
>SS: O. Smith (do you need anyone else?)
>3B: J. Torre, Ken Boyer

I would make Boyer the starter (minor quibble).

Quote:
>C: T. Simmons, T. McCarver (if you want Torre to catch, then dump McCarver >and add Pepper Martin at third.)
>OF: S. Musial, L. Brock, J. Medwick, W. McGee, E. Slaughter

Chick Hafey over McGee.

Quote:
>Pitchers: M. Cooper, B. Gibson, D. Dean, J. Tudor, H. Brecheen, H. Pollet, L.
>Smith, A. Hrabosky, T. Worrell, B. Sutter

Gotta find room for Jesse Haines somewhere -- not a HOFer by any
stretch, but a good knuckleballer is always fun to watch.

Doug Riblet

 
 
 

Cards All-Time Squad

Post by BOBDRUMM.. » Fri, 28 Jan 1994 11:08:49

If Clark deserves consideration for one good year, I'd have to nominate
Cha Cha Cepeda, for two stirring championship seasons.
And while we're allowing guys with short stints, what about a lefthander named
Carlton on the mound?
 
 
 

Cards All-Time Squad

Post by Bill Dozi » Sun, 30 Jan 1994 07:11:43

:If Clark deserves consideration for one good year, I'd have to nominate
:Cha Cha Cepeda, for two stirring championship seasons.
Absolutely!
--
_______________________________________________________________________
Bill Dozier             If in life we must always           Opinions are

                        and nothing, we will always         the lab's,
                        have nothing.- Francis Schaeffer    surely not
                                                            the gov't's.
________________________________________________________________________

 
 
 

Cards All-Time Squad

Post by Gerald Lan » Wed, 02 Feb 1994 02:08:16


Quote:
>     Happy New Year to all of you who do not think that the World will end
>     tomorrow!  For those of you who do, I hope that your bags are packed.

>     This is my version of the team that would roam Busch Stadium if this were
>     a perfect World:

>1B: J. Bottomley, J. Clark (hey, if only for that one year..)
>2B: R. Hornsby, F. Frisch
>SS: O. Smith (do you need anyone else?)

        Yes, Marty Marion could spell Ozzie periodically !

Quote:
>3B: J. Torre, Ken Boyer
>C: T. Simmons, T. McCarver (if you want Torre to catch, then dump McCarver and
>add Pepper Martin at third.)
>OF: S. Musial, L. Brock, J. Medwick, W. McGee, E. Slaughter
>Pitchers: M. Cooper, B. Gibson, D. Dean, J. Tudor, H. Brecheen, H. Pollet, L.
>Smith, A. Hrabosky, T. Worrell, B. Sutter

                                                jerry